Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
stranger
stranger
@Mojobeast Thanks man!

@MrMadakey haahahhaahhaa, well I mean, grabbing that little midnight snack at your camp, when its pitch-black, might not be the best idea for your companions

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
According to Wyll,
Gale does most of the cooking so hopefully he's not tired when he's grabbing ingredients out of the trunk.

Last edited by Vegor; 02/10/23 03:05 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
It’s f**ked up man. Searched at the undercity, Cazadors Palace, Raphael’s home, the whole lower city. Searched for 3 hours now and I’m still not able to find that bugged dead body. Is it still possible that there is a undead watcher even though I didn’t do the steel factory quest yet?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by TavIsMyMain
It’s f**ked up man. Searched at the undercity, Cazadors Palace, Raphael’s home, the whole lower city. Searched for 3 hours now and I’m still not able to find that bugged dead body. Is it still possible that there is a undead watcher even though I didn’t do the steel factory quest yet?

Did you do the Blushing Mermaid quest? That's where mine was.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@TavIsMyMain

Can you check Auto Saves and find the most recent one where you could freely move between Wyrm's Crossing and the Lower City? If you can identify this save, it might be faster (in your case particularly) to start there as you are correct you're looking for a needle in a stack of needles. And you'll lose some playtime but it may be less than going house to house looking for a corpse, especially if some of the corpses disappeared by now and just left pouches behind.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Checked all my saves. Unfortunately there is no working one left. On ps5 it automatically deletes very old saves. There is a setting to turn that off but yea… too late for that. Didn’t do the Blushing Mermaid quest yet. Looks like I’ll have to wait for a patch or restart and create a new character…

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@TavIsMyMain

The issue can present in two cases. Either you unalive an enemy, and their hp total is >0 but the status shows dead when you mouse over it. Or, it's an already dead individual that spawns into the game when you enter a certain area of the game. In the former, if you don't catch it soon enough, aye it will disappear and leave a pouch, but the game caches the hp total so at that point there's no coming back from it.

In the latter, those NPCs remain longer. If the issue you have is from the former category, and PS5 has deleted the functional save prior to that incident, you are correct a patch or restart will be required. However if it's the latter, you'd have to track down that corpse but it won't disappear at least. The Foundry, Blushing Mermaid, Murder Tribunal, and House of Grief appear to be where this occurs the most based on reports I've seen here and on Reddit about this issue. But in truth it really can be anywhere.

As someone who banged his head against the wall on this issue, I feel your pain and am sorry you're having to go through it. If you're brave and want to risk potentially having to restart from an even later point, you can try those areas you haven't yet. Larian has not acknowledged this bug or several other game breaking/quest breaking bugs publicly and the tech response I got on this issue was that it's mod related (I don't use mods), so I'm not sure how much hope there is for that alternative.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I've been having this issue for the past hour. I'm on ps5, and can't progress further in act three because I can't travel to the lower city after defeating Gortash. A reddit fix suggested taking his body and putting it in your treasure chest in camp, didn't work for me I didn't have the option to do so, but thought I'd share it here and see if it works for others.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@Mintelle

It's more likely than not a corrupt corpse from inside the Lower City. For your auto_saves, what is the most recent one where you could freely travel back and forth? (By that I mean, what mission were you going to do at that save point)?

M
stranger
stranger
M
I tried going back to 2 hours ago, the issue is still present there. So I can't freely travel in any of my saves.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Mintelle
I've been having this issue for the past hour. I'm on ps5, and can't progress further in act three because I can't travel to the lower city after defeating Gortash. A reddit fix suggested taking his body and putting it in your treasure chest in camp, didn't work for me I didn't have the option to do so, but thought I'd share it here and see if it works for others.

Doing that to Gortash's body won't do anything - if you can't travel to the Lower City it means the corrupted NPC body is in the Lower City somewhere. You'd have to go back to a save there and find it - it'll be the body of a creature you've killed that's stuck on greater than 0hp.

To be able to pick up a body you need sufficient carrying capacity - it needs to be a strong character who's not already carrying too much. But some people have said that using AOE spells to reduce the body to 0hp also works, and that might be simpler.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Unfortunately I can't get to the lower city in any of my save files. So I'm stuck waiting for a patch to fix it, or I'll lose all my progress which sucks, but I hope this works for other people!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Just want to add that I am also unmodded on PC, do this definitely isn't a mod only glitch. Kinda crazy that this shit is still here and my playthrough is dead till further notice.

The cyberpunk dlc is pretty fun tho, so that's been keeping me busy.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I've been dealing with this same issue on PS5. I first noticed it after the Gortash fight. I couldn't travel to lower city or undercity as everyone has so far described. I fortunately had a save before I entered the house of hope prior to fighting Gortash. With that save I can still freely travel to and from the lower city without any crashing. This should imply that the bug manifested somewhere in the House of Hope and/or the Gortash fight. Worth noting that this is after destroying the Watcher facility and fights at the Blushing Mermaid so presumably those are not at fault.

Since I'm now free of the crashing, I am going to first do the Gortash fight again since it is fairly short. What exactly should I be on the lookout for rpt this bug possibly manifesting in that fight and/or the House of Hope?

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@bocheetus

Just mouseover all of the corpses (both the ones you unalive and the ones already dead at the time of your arrival to the scene). As long as they show 0/XXXX hp remaining, you're good. If any of them show >0, throw them off a cliff, AOE damage them (doesn't always work), or put them in your camp storage box and leave them there.

If anything 'spazzes' out with odd animations during the fight, triple check those as well. These corpses are registered as 'dead' by the game so they won't show red dots anymore on the minimap, don't use that as a gauge. Physically check each one.

B
stranger
stranger
B
@Vegor

Okay, got it. Just to be certain, since I can still freely fast travel, I don't need to search the entirety of Act3 for possible corpses and can deduce that a corpse from either Gortash or HoH is the culrpit?

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@bocheetus

This is correct. If you can move between Wyrm's Crossing/Lower City/Undercity without crashing, for right now you are 'good.' Any corrupt corpses will be those yet to appear.

Make sure as part of your testing that you're going both 'to' and 'from.' Being able to get out of the Lower City may work but you also need to be sure you can get back in. Please ignore if you've already done this.

Last edited by Vegor; 02/10/23 07:15 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
@Vegor

Okay, that is good peace of mind. I should be able to quickly complete Gortash and test that sequence. House of Hope will take a bit longer, but kinda looking forward to having to do the epic fight again tbh laugh

As an aside, has anyone had an issue being stuck in turn based mode during the Gortash fight? Last time I tried to do it, I couldn't end turn based mode even after dealing with the Bane cultists in the audience chamber and traveling to the roof prior to entering the room where Gortash resides. Being stuck in turn based mode means you will not trigger the cutscene and dialogue with Gortash. While humorous, he is left cowering and only fights once you attack first and I'm wary of breaking something.

Last edited by bocheetus; 02/10/23 07:21 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Mine just started crashing whenever I try to long rest as I just got into rivington, no matter what I do it will go through a cut scene (romantic scene with SH or bench scene with the emperor) then cut to my character asleep in the barn then cut to black and crashes

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@Jesse Huckstep (I like the name by the way)

So your Act 3 just began? (Asking for confirmation only). Did the intro Cinematic for Act 3 play? And are you able to do stuff before long resting there?

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard