This is the part, where the conversation sadly keeps going in circles. As an RA person myself, I see the way Halsin treats another person as absolute disrespect and disregard of someone else's feelings.

The comparison with Gale is flawed, because Gale's attitude toward relationships aren't fluid. He has a very firm understanding of his relationship.

Halsin says he is fluid, but then acts as rigid as Gale. That is a major disconnect.

As for leaning into the meme, I am not certain why anyone would want something so entirely shallow as a meme, and reduce a complex character to a sex object. But I recognise that is my personal preference playing a part here.

As for the RA: Yes, healthy RA is an ongoing evaluation when a connection is kind term. But it is clear from your post, that you are not considering long term connections in this regard.

As an RA person myself, I am deeply disturbed by Halsin's representation fo relationship anarchy in the game. It's not RA, but gaslighting and emotional manipulation.

It lacks two way communication, compromise, and understanding. With Halsin it is only one way.

If they wish to portray RA in a healthy way, here is a description for you:

*Rather than promising to stay together until death do they part, relationship anarchists usually agree to be together while it is a happy and healthy relationship for everyone involved. Rejecting externally imposed obligations as the basis of their connection, RA practitioners tend to build connections on love and respect grounded in choice. Some RA relationships last for decades with a commitment to treat each other so well that they want to stay together out of joy, rather than being obligated by some external force binding them together. While the commitment to stay together only as long as they are happy with each other may seem too unstable or likely to come apart at the first sign of trouble, folks proficient in RA also tend to put a lot of time and effort in to building their communication skills, so that they can work through problems and remain happy with each other. Kale explains that RA can allow folks to build families and relationships they can count on:*

*“Obligations are fluid and open to change. Once you agree to something, the person can expect it will happen, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen always and forever. Everything can be discussed and renewed on an ongoing basis.”*

Representation matters, but unless they do it with proper research and understanding leave it out. In this case RA has been portrayed as a toxic journey of emotional blackmail.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/int...rchy-polyaffectivity-and-chosen-families

Last edited by Cowoline; 01/10/23 09:25 PM.