Page 1 of 2 1 2
#902431 24/09/23 03:33 AM
N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hello everyone, I ran into a technical problem and was able to find out its cause, the bottom line is this: In the emerald grove, in the dungeon where you can save the dwarf from the goblins, there are statues of turrets, after their destruction they continue to "move" stones jump in space, which affects the performance of the game, saving 60 fps Now we are haunted by a constant input delay, for example, when trying to jump, the character thinks for 3-4 seconds, Before you do this, it's the same with attacks and any other actions, if anyone has encountered this, then tell me a solution, or I ask Larian to fix it, I don't know how it works with other turrets, such as in the dungeon of the first act, I haven't tested it, but I think any objects of this kind will be bugged in the same way. If necessary, I can attach a video of how stones fly into the air and fall into the water endlessly

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Also, I want to note that all the ways I know to fix this were unsuccessful, I tried to change direct x to vulkan, tried to change back, tried various graphics settings, checked the integrity of the game files in steam, pumped the game entirely deleting all folders, nothing helps.

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Bump

O
stranger
stranger
O
Hi. I also ran into a problem in the input delay. Characters think for a few seconds before performing any action. I wrote to the Larians about this problem, I hope they will fix it. Absolutely nothing helped

Last edited by Ornatrix; 24/09/23 05:56 PM.
N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Bump

J
stranger
stranger
J
Bump happening for me too, commented in more detail on the other thread "Laggy behavior noticed after downloading patch 3" about this but posting here too.

Maybe 2-3 seconds or so delay between either a conversation initializing or most annoyingly 2-3 seconds from the attack animation and the resulting hit/miss animation and damage/miss text.

Its really obvious with jumping, the character does the first bit of the jump animation then stays stationary for a few seconds, then does the rest of the jump animation and moves.

The game is still playable but its quite frustrating and immersion breaking.

Hopefully gets fixed soon

(this is in an evil playthrough and i destroyed the statues in the druid cave for fun)

High end windows PC 7700x CPU, 32GB ram, and 7900XT 20GB GPU running 3440x1440p @144hz.

Druid Cave Sentry Statues Bugged -

Action Delay Example -

Last edited by Jaqqour; 26/09/23 08:58 AM. Reason: added recordings of issues
J
stranger
stranger
J
bump

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I'm glad I'm not the only one

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
bump

J
stranger
stranger
J
Not fixed as of hotfix#7

F
stranger
stranger
F
Yup - PS5 here and same issue. This has gone from what should be GOTY to a completely unplayable farce.
I'm afraid to say if this doesn't get fixed soon I'll give up and move on to new games.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Bump

J
stranger
stranger
J
Bump

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Bump again, sorry, I would like to see maybe some reaction from the larians that the issue is under control and then I would calm down. Appeals with a link to the video materials have already been written, but no answers have been received

J
stranger
stranger
J
Bump - Really wanting to continue my playthrough but its not bearable with the action delay.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Yup.
Sadly I've moved on to other games. Can't even recommend this to friends anymore.

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
bump

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hi, Larian do not respond to bug reports here. If you haven’t already, you can report it to them on their support site. There’s a ‘Report A Bug’ link along the top of the launcher that will take you to the right place.

I know that they do aim to respond to bugs reported in that way, but from ones I’ve reported myself it’s clear they have a massive backlog so unfortunately that may take some time. But at least if you submit it via the proper channel you can be confident it will be logged, tracked and triaged in due course.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
G
stranger
stranger
G
Please fix this! Of course the previous patch dropped right after I decided to clean up my excess saves, including the one before I went in and destroyed the statues smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard