Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 93 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 92 93
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by EdaLee
It's okay, Halsin can be poly, he represents a minority of people.
Maybe he portrays them as weird, but he's allowed to be poly.

It looks like a broken phone. I have never in my life heard about the oppression of poly people. Before I got into this forum topic. I live in a megalopolis where no one really cares who sleeps with whom. The sexual revolution remained in the 70s. What's your problem guys? What are you fighting for and who is oppressing you? Why this eternal image of victims?

I ask again how the possibility of a monogamous affair with Halsen will prevent you from making him polygamous in your game.

p.s
English is not my first language. I do not know your established expressions and metaphors. And I try not to translate them from my own language, as they will probably sound strange in translation.

Last edited by Laras; 02/10/23 12:00 AM.
The author and Larian wanted it that way, it is ok for me.
Not everyone needs to try mono, including every character in the game.
I think Cowoline is right, Halsin is weird, but not because he's just poly.

That's crazy. smile
Hmm... I would like to see Halsin as a young man, without wrinkles and etc.

old hand
old hand
I have bad(?) news for you. He's an elf, he's looked this way since he was about 20 and will look the same way for hundreds of years more. hahaha

At the age of 20? He didn't have any wrinkles there... or?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chiquidmaster
They should give the player the option of poly or non-poly, and they should not affect other romances so openly (the shadowheart thing is quite annoying for example).
approvegauntlet

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I think this is something we all agree on.

Halsin is undoubtedly one of the biggest narrative failures of Baldur’s Gate 3, and it seems quite difficult to make him interesting as it stands. This was possible with Minthara because she already had an in-depth story and pre-recorded lines of dialogue, but the case of this poor Druid seems rather unpromising. And it’s a shame, because we love good old Halsin despite everything!

https://euro.dayfr.com/technology/amp/925294

https://www.gamingdeputy.com/never-should-have-been-a-companion/

I hope that Larian takes our feedback to heart, and actually does something wonderful with him.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I have bad(?) news for you. He's an elf, he's looked this way since he was about 20 and will look the same way for hundreds of years more. hahaha
Ketheric Thorm want to have a word with you. Seriously,why does he look so old as an elf?
And Halsin definitely doesn't look 20 , more like 40 or more.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Tharrow isn't entirely wrong, it's double standards, nothing should be forced on mono companions and of course not on Halsin either.
The game is finished, Larian would have to rewrite Halsin if he was to be like the other companions, that would be wrong and unnecessary.
Halsin should just be improved a little, his personality can and should remain.

Elves age too, Halsin is no longer 20 either. He says it himself, he is an old man.
At 20, he certainly didn't look old.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Agreed, though by his own omission Halsin actually does choose monogamy (or a form of it anyway) by saying "You are all I want, but I will not horde you to myself."

And he only engages with others (like the drow twins) under the condition that Tav joins them. He honestly comes off more as a swinger than a polygamous person in this case.

And this just makes it weird! He is all over the place, back and forth. The fluid is right there in our faces, but we just don't have the options to define anything. It's a mess XD

Almost like the options we are debating here was actually supposed to be in the game, and make him more nuanced and they ran out of time.

And that's true for the entirety of act 3, honestly.

Last edited by Cowoline; 02/10/23 09:23 AM.
I say he's strange, but he makes it clear what he prefers, unfortunately too late in the game.
The words he says fit everything. I'm already waiting for BG 4 laugh
Maybe Halsin will come back as a companion, but then like SH or Astarion, he can of course stay as he is, but with more content.
Oh that would be so great!

I read Larian is working on a new game, maybe it's part 4, maybe with Tav or a new hero.
Hopefully SH will come back too. Or everyone will come back when Tav comes.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Honestly, I usually make it a point to not dispute people on themselves, but in Halsin's case I am really wondering if he knows what he wants.

I am sure he knows what he is used to and what he has been comfortable with in the past. But it seems more habit than choice, when you compare it to his confusing responses.

I vote midlife crisis: Halsin's life has just been turned around, he feels like he is missing a purpose, and has no freaking idea what to do with himself.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
It's more likely DOS 3, which is their own IP.

It would be nice if it was part 4 frown

He has a new determination, he tells us at the end.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
He does, yes. I think that's where he is starting to figure himself out. I think the issue is that in a sense Halsin's act 3 is comparable to the other companions in act1.

So, midlife crisis that he starts to deal with when the game ends XD

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tharrow
Why do we think there is this thread made to discuss obligatory poly with this character, who does not desire to include a walled garden romancer in his life, but there was not a mirror of this thread made to discuss community feedback about obligatory monogamy, in regards to all the others who do not agree to let their hearts be free?
Someone did make a thread asking for Karlach to be poly.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by EdaLee
The author and Larian wanted it that way, it is ok for me.
Not everyone needs to try mono, including every character in the game.
I think Cowoline is right, Halsin is weird, but not because he's just poly.

This is typical. You haven't answered a single question. Common phrases instead of a clear answer. This is what the author wanted, romance was added at the request of the players, and many wanted to see It monogamous. How to measure whose desire is greater and more significant ? There is no one reason why Halsin cannot be monogamous. That don't affect the plot in any way.
There have already been precedents when heterosexual characters were made bisexual after the release. How to Jaal (ME Andromeda)
And these changes did not affect my game If someone needed him to be bi I don't care.
So why do you object to a monogamous scenario?

Page 31 of 93 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard