Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@bocheetus

I had this issue also. It ended up being a single cultist cowering in a corner that I missed. Knowing that, I'd obliterate everyone in the room until my team put their swords away denoting victory, whether they showed hostile or not. So far when I've done stuff like that, I haven't seen the oathbreaker knight so there's that, if you're a paladin.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yeah, I bet it has to do with the temporarily hostile civilians who just cower but occasional attack if the bane cultists interact with them. I didn't want to harm them for RP reasons but I guess they'll have to all go just to be safe.

I already broke my oath for not killing a certain BG1/2 legacy character (don't get me started on how WoC has handled her canon story...) so not much to worry about there!

Last edited by bocheetus; 02/10/23 09:22 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I'm having the same bug, went to fight Gortash and the dragon but can't go back to the lower city without the game crashing at 33%.

By reloading saves I figured out that my problem is in the house of hope of all places ... but I can't find any dead body with >0hp.

I wonder if it's got something with the petrified bodies in there, in my run I tried a greater restauration on one of them and it just vanished.
My other theory is that it got something to do with the flaming ball that chases you after you free Hope, when I entered the boss fight with Raphael it disappeared and never came back.

Do you guys have any theories on what might work here? That fight was over 20 hours ago and I don't want to play all that over again.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Finished Gortash w/o introducing the bug. Still have House of Hope to do, so presumably it occurs in there somehow.

@Guze

Interesting theories. I also tried to undo the petrification and might have encountered the same thing with the sphere. This time around I am going to kill everything prior to entering the prison area.

Last edited by bocheetus; 03/10/23 12:38 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I found a fix: Whoever is crashing needs to go into the video settings and tick the box for slow HDD mode, even if you're on a SSD. I think the problem is that it's not loading everything in the lower city before their character loads in, and that setting helps load everything fast enough to have everything ready before you're in.

Source: reddit)

Last edited by Ruvahkiin; 03/10/23 02:03 AM. Reason: No es un comentario mío.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I had tried this one and it was not successful in remediating the bug for me. That said, this could absolutely have been the cause of the issue for that OP. In my case it was the corpse with >0 hp.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I also have this crash, found out yesterday. It's so annoying because I can no longer progress in my save, every quest I have to finish needs me to be in the Lower City. I guess I'll try looking for a corpse with more than 0 HP, but Larian should really start looking into this crash. So many people have issues and it's been over a week.

Just to clarify, I am NOT using mods.

Last edited by MrAlwaysRight; 03/10/23 08:00 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I sent a bug report to Larian, I highly encourage everyone in this thread to do the same and to include your save file. This will only increase the chance of Larian noticing how gamebreaking the bug is.

Go to this link: https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

This is where to find your save files (Windows): C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames\Story

R
stranger
stranger
R
Wish we could do the same w the ps5. Day(what feels like) 128 of not being able to play my original campaign

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by MrAlwaysRight
I sent a bug report to Larian, I highly encourage everyone in this thread to do the same and to include your save file. This will only increase the chance of Larian noticing how gamebreaking the bug is.

Go to this link: https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

This is where to find your save files (Windows): C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames\Story

Unfortunately I'm playing over GeForce Now, so I can't attach the save file ...

But for all those who are suffering from this bug, please report it so we can get it patched ASAP.

Last edited by Guze; 03/10/23 09:36 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
There was just a new hotfix. Maybe itll help?

**edit- it didnt help**

Last edited by Rainsmajesty; 03/10/23 10:26 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Rainsmajesty
There was just a new hotfix. Maybe itll help?

**edit- it didnt help**

That didn't address any of the Patch 3 game-breaking bugs. frown

L
stranger
stranger
L
Useless patch today. Fix nothing important.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm fairly certain the cause of the crash (with me at least) has something to do with the House of Hope. I revisited a previous save where I'd just entered the HoH and immediately went back to the Devil's Fee. I was able to fast travel to South Span of Wyrm's Crossing and back to Baldur's Gate (Lower City).

The problem is that I visited another save where I'd just finished the HoH and looked around for any mob with more than 0 HP but couldn't find any. I even used Greater Restoration on the three petrified Debtors in the jail. In this save I was able to travel back and forth from the Lower City, crashing during the loading screen (with no crash report!).

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll probably just do the HoH from scratch tomorrow and will see what happens.

Last edited by MrAlwaysRight; 03/10/23 02:17 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Clearly they're not reading the forum and ignoring their bug support, so lets go one up.

https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1709135077983035542

Here is the latest tweet about the latest patch. Post your problem there and anywhere else you can think of.

If they're going to completely ignore support and blame US for mods that we haven't installed. Then we need to get it through to them a different way don't we.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hotfix 8 Update. Didn't work.

I tried all I had done just in case. Deleting Level Cache, doing another quest, searching for any >0 hp dead corpses, slow hdd, but nothing seems to work.

I haven't visited HoH, so that didn't apply (actually, it's my next fight, I want to finish this run :C).

Edit:
Also, don't know why but after the first two crashes, it doesn't generate any dump file.

Last edited by Staffito; 03/10/23 03:21 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by MrMadakey
Clearly they're not reading the forum and ignoring their bug support, so lets go one up.

Here is the latest tweet about the latest patch. Post your problem there and anywhere else you can think of.

If they're going to completely ignore support and blame US for mods that we haven't installed. Then we need to get it through to them a different way don't we.

I'm sure they're aware of it but they just haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 03/10/23 03:25 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Chlamydia

I'm sure they're aware of it but they just haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Actually, you can post to the support right now and they will 1 either not respond to you or 2 respond to you saying that you have mods installed.

You can go back through the entire thread yourself and see the amount of people getting the same responses. Also this bug has been made aware of quite a few DAYS before the current patch went live. The bug doesn't just happen in Act 3. It can happen literally anywhere, it's just prominent in Act 3, and if you happen to get stuck there with no saves. Well people are currently stuck in Limbo with no REAL responses. So until I get a response that isn't about "mods" being installed on my system. I'm going to keep voicing what is happening.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Chlamydia

Actually, you can post to the support right now and they will 1 either not respond to you or 2 respond to you saying that you have mods installed.

You can go back through the entire thread yourself and see the amount of people getting the same responses. Also this bug has been made aware of quite a few DAYS before the current patch went live. The bug doesn't just happen in Act 3. It can happen literally anywhere, it's just prominent in Act 3, and if you happen to get stuck there with no saves. Well people are currently stuck in Limbo with no REAL responses. So until I get a response that isn't about "mods" being installed on my system. I'm going to keep voicing what is happening.

The Discord admins are just customer service reps, they don't have any information related to the development of the game.

Tracking down the cause of a bug can be hard, as can fixing it (without breaking something else).

Like everyone here, I haven't been able to play the game since Patch 3 dropped because of all the new bugs. But that doesn't mean Larian isn't working on them. I wish they'd fix them faster since I want to get back to playing the game, but I also understand that bug fixing is hard.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 03/10/23 03:54 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Just +1ing this, patch 3 has been a complete nightmare and more or less bricked the run I've had with my group and I have zero clue why. I've looked at every potential fix under the sun but for some reason one of our group members game just crashes in the lower city constantly now, and he has another group and spent plenty of time in the lower city before the patch. Tanked his graphic settings, I hunted for fake corpses, couldn't find any (and even then, ONLY he is crashing so I don't think that's what's doing it), tried older saves before entering the lower city, had him turned off shadowplay/clipping software, no cloud saves, basically everything. I installed one mod to fix the zaith'isk perma stat drop issue since the patch 2 fix did nothing for me but that was in act 2 and there has been a ton of gameplay since with no issues and I removed the mod the moment I was done with it. Just the moment he has to load the lower city more than once his game just crashes, or even loads him into the map but doesn't load anything else. He even got a random gustav error at some point where he couldn't even join. I'm at my wit's end and can only assume the patch 3 'optimization' patch somehow made the game *less* optimized.

Last edited by DregsWins; 03/10/23 04:03 PM.
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard