Originally Posted by Illiti
This really came out of nowhere, she was written as monogamous for most of the game, and suddenly after final romance scene she is poly.

If you reject Halsin he should not try to but in the relationship, maybe romance triggers are bugged.

I think the game does a poor job describing how companions really are (or the canonical point of views). I think a good way to show how they really are is through their approval system. Instead of just showing you they approved something, I think it'll be a good idea that in certain conversations that may reveal a hidden side of their personality, they can try to intervene and take 'control' of the conversation (basically switching from Tav to companion); that way you will learn something through them (maybe even give them special dialogues to show a hidden side of them).

You could still earn their approval, they'll show you an unknown side of them in a way that 'makes' sense and that could open the possibility of them talking about their preferences in the future, all of this while beign optional (you could simply choose not to switch from Tav to companion).

I dont know, it makes sense in my head. In fact I thought about this when interacting with the pain priest at the goblin camp. After seeing how she encouraged the priest to make my Tav 'repent', I just had to load a saved file and see her reaction when controlling her. Now when I see a companion having a 'very positive and encouraging' reaction, I got to load again and see how they act in that situation themselves. laezelapprove

Helps with my headcanon. lol

PS: But in all honesty, the game is done. I don't think they'll do much besides getting rid of bugs, making an Xbox version and fixing Karlach.