Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
I have come up with an idea for how Halsin's romance could be improved, without compromising his identity and the representation, while still giving players more agency in how the romance plays out.

I think we are exaggerating how much work it would actually take. An entire rewrite and redefining is entirely unnecessary.

I would love them to give him more content, but that is a seperate issue.

This is what I would do if I was his writer.

Act 2

(Restructure this sentence between his current bones, so polygamy is discussed in act 2)

Tav: "You didn't mention lovers."
Halsin: "I am 350 years old. Of course there have been lovers. As varied as nature itself, and without limitations. Finding the balance within such relationships can be challenging, and is not for everyone, but I have found that it brings me joy. But I have found with age that I have become more particular about my lovers, and the complexity of emotion when more than two individuals are involved."
Tav: "You don't believe in monogamy?"
Halsin: "It has its place, but it is not for me--" (The rest of that line continues as per usual, but it has been moved from act 3 to act 2).

Act 3:
Love confession:
This conversation starts as per usual.

Halsin: "If we do this ---" (line plays to the end)
Tav options:
(all the current options would apply)

New option: "I remember you saying so. I am willing to respect your nature, and I will not bind you, but I only want you. I hope you can accept that difference too."
Halsin: He smiles a little, though clearly nervous. "I can, but you should know you are all I want. But I exist in fluid relationships, where connections evolve and grow. It changes with seasons, and each spring we decide which plants to regrow and which to change. It would be against my nature to promise you forever, but I am invested in joining our efforts and making the wilds we share grow and thrive. I only ask that we not put limitations on what we are, but allow for it to evolve, without the social constructs that civilization would force upon us."

Tav:
1. Takes his hand in theirs. "Then yes... You can share in my heart."
2. "I am sorry, Halsin. I need something more defined."

Halsin: Normal replies

Drow twins:
The conversation about the Underdark should trigger before they agree to the orgy.

Halsin: "More than interested if you are, but I would like to discuss something with you first. At camp perhaps?"

At camp he tells the story about the drow.

When they approach the drow again, Tav can then once again confirm with Halsin before engaging in it.

There should be focus on after care.

Whether or not to join the drow, you should get this scene later.

Halsin: "Tell me more of your experiences.."

Tav:
1. "My first experience was when..."
2. "I am not ready to talk about it yet. Can we just lay here?"

You see them stargazing from a distance before it fades to black.

Ending:
It plays out as it normally wants, but at the end there is a new option.

Tav: "Our ideals are alike, my love. I want to help the refugees and orphans too. Would you be comfortable with me helping you build this new settlement?"
Halsin: Smiles broadly. "My heart... I should have known. With your support and wisdom, I know we would all benefit from your presence. Me most of all."

My notes: This way he stays true to his identity, but his preferences are expanding and he is willing to find compromises without compromising himself. By leaving the discussion here, head cannons can fill in the blanks of the rest.

This allows for people to seek more nuanced than now, and would solve a lot of his problems that are romance specific.

(I posted this in a thread, but since it is a concrete suggestion I am posting it here as well, so it is easy to see and find. If this is not allowed then I'll leave it to the Mods digression<3)

I fully support this suggestion.
- Halsin doesn't have problems with a term "relationship" anymore (many people find the line about it messed and clumsy) - Cowoline changed this line and now it sounds much better and logical;
- the pieces of his dialogue puzzle are where they should be;
- he remains polygamous/polygamous, but he is opened to Tav who prefer monogamy, both sides find compromise;
- there are no drastic changes;
- extra dialogues and extra scenes also look great and logical, they expand player's attitude towards certain events and give more emotions.
So yeah, I hope for the best for our beloved druid and I hope for our voices to be heard.

Last edited by Noelle666; 04/10/23 12:08 PM.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
I completely agree! And thank you. Think Larian will hire me?XD

Everything is possible. =)

stranger
stranger
Great suggestions! It would make his romance feel more like a proper option instead of just a cringy sex joke romance. sigh...I was so into him pre-launch.

Link Copied to Clipboard