Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Beechams
Oh, and for the record I cannot play this game because it keeps crashing in Wyrms Crossing. It's been like that for the week or so since I arrived there.

In the vast majority of cases, such crashes (As in crashes that are not solved by reloading or taking different actions) are not a problem with the game, but with the end user's system and/or mods.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Roland1405
Oh, and for the record I cannot play this game because it keeps crashing in Wyrm's Crossing. It's been like that for the week or so since I arrived there.

In the vast majority of cases, such crashes (As in crashes that are not solved by reloading or taking different actions) are not a problem with the game, but with the end user's system and/or mods.
The crash is reproducible in particular area of Wyrm's Crossing. It has nothing to do with my system - can you give a reason why it may be? And you may want to run that one by PS5 users.
It could be mods but I doubt it - I can see no reason why any of the mods I use would affect only a certain area of Wyrm's Crossing. I can turn right at the bottom of the hill and explore all that area but if I go straight ahead or turn left at the bottom of the hill - CTD. Crashes like that can be down to a broken mesh. I can't generate enough interest in the game to go through the trouble of trouble-shooting.
Unlike a lot of people including those with crackerjack rigs and no mods, I hadn't had a problem up until then.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Some of you don't deserve to even be playing this game (Beechams, ZOZO1006). You're insulting and rude to everyone at team Larian who are working their butts off. I'd ban you for a week, just to teach you mere courtesy. I mean.... the level of arrogant entitlement. Typical of the type of cowards who would neeeeeever say this to anyone in person irl. But online, ooooooh what big brave people you are!

Vomit inducing. Look in the mirror and weep some more.

What other product would you accept being this degree of broken? How is expecting a product to be fit for purpose 'arrogant entitlement'.

You do not know me so you cannot know what I would say in person but just for reference I am from northern England where we have a reputation for saying what we think and not suffering fools gladly. You carry on being a docile, passive consumer the way you have been conditioned by your culture.

Oh, and for the record I cannot play this game because it keeps crashing in Wyrms Crossing. It's been like that for the week or so since I arrived there.

It happened to me the first game I played and what I did was start it in Vulkan, pass that part and then the problem disappeared. I don't know if it will help you but...

L
stranger
stranger
L
Just wanted to say I really appreciate this patch. I'm on PS5 so not able to use a lot of the mods and workarounds people had for the bag/item dumping when switching characters.

I just submitted a bug report yesterday because I'm unable to start dialogue with Wulbren in Act 3 (just getting the white "not now" popup text). So for max enjoyment I'm probably going to hold off Act 3 and maybe play through Dark Urge in Act 1 & 2. Poor Gale.

Loving the game and continued updates so far.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I tryed to make a screenshot from the Splint mail bug. And it's so bad that as soon as I zoomed in all our characters t posed. And the game freezes. I tryed to save and reload and the save game get corrupted.
If I try to reload it the game again freezing.
Can someone make a screenshot? Mybe because we are in act 3. But I dont have act 2 saves.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 04/10/23 09:17 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Just made it to Act III and the game is still sticking and loading really slow. It’s been doing this for a while now, this is our second play through and we can’t lower the settings down much more than we have.

Angel headed hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo, in the machinery of the night
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Aideen_asbjorn
[/quote]

It happened to me the first game I played and what I did was start it in Vulkan, pass that part and then the problem disappeared. I don't know if it will help you but...

Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try. That did cross my mind but I got sidetracked modding CK3 to be less like CK3.

Just as a bit of related info.
Either Patch 1 or 2 was causing lots of people problems with the game refusing to load and switching api was one of the solutions being posted. My game loaded fine with both Vulkan and DX11 but I remembered that I use a reshade so I tried without. No reshade using Vulkan and the game wouldn't load. No reshade and DX11 the game was fine.

Edit: Just gave it a quick try without the reshade and using Vulkan. The game still crashed in the same place in what is Rivington (not Wyrm's Crossing). I'll maybe try with the reshade and Vulkan and DX11 and no reshade tomorrow.

Edit: Just tried with Vulkan plus reshade and DX11 minus reshade - CTD in exact same spot. (Up the slope next to the injured half orc. Just as you get to where the path circles around).

Last edited by Beechams; 05/10/23 10:41 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Maybe this isn’t the place for this, but I’m dying to know when the release date for Xbox is? I can’t seem to find an actual date anywhere, just that it’s being released before the end of the year. It would be fantastic to be able to plan around a date! Thank you and have been a massive fan of everything you’ve done as a studio up to this point! Keep up the great work and can’t wait to immerse myself!

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Bcalnin
Maybe this isn’t the place for this, but I’m dying to know when the release date for Xbox is? I can’t seem to find an actual date anywhere, just that it’s being released before the end of the year. It would be fantastic to be able to plan around a date! Thank you and have been a massive fan of everything you’ve done as a studio up to this point! Keep up the great work and can’t wait to immerse myself!
I think i read on some gameing site that it will come around 3 month later or maybe at the end of this year.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 05/10/23 06:27 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I think the update (hotfox 8) has made several things worse on PS5. Game seems to run worse overall

Ps5 render times have become pretty bad since hotfox#8 I'm currently in act 2, often times you'll be walking and seeing the floor loading, or speaking with an npc for a FEW seconds before textures fully load its quite immersion breaking now sadly.

Prior to the update you would see the textures load in sometimes but it was really really quick.

Adding to this, combat now has intermittent delay between when you attack and when the attacking animation occurs, often times you'll hear the attack go off and after a second you'll see your character actually attack. Wasn't doing this prior to update.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Hallifex
Adding to this, combat now has intermittent delay between when you attack and when the attacking animation occurs, often times you'll hear the attack go off and after a second you'll see your character actually attack. Wasn't doing this prior to update.
I have this on PC.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I have a huge problem with hotfix 8. And I kind of want a rollback to patch 3.
I am playing on ultimate tier Gforce now. So there is not so many better pc-s are existing.

And almost every time an enemy climbing up on a ladder or surface. Or even just standing in a door and got proned by something ( and they are even dooing to them self).
The game start to shift between a gray dimension. And if I cannot load an another game fast enough it's freezes.
Also looking at Splint mail holes it freezing.

So I went to act 2 and in patch 3 for me Raphael's hair was not black it was brown. But after hotfix it's black so wtf...
Makes me think ok somone shaved the cat cool.
But now the game is in worst state then what we had with 1.0.
I feel a vibe of Diablo 4 and Cyberpunk launch. I mean no offense but I don't even have an option to turn off updates.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 06/10/23 07:53 AM.
stranger
stranger
Ugh!

Why did you remove some of the cheesy tactics to kill off Ethel at the Teahouse?

1. Back in Early Access Witch Bolt used to not allow Ethel to move at all when you get to bind her.

2. A month or so ago somebody discovered you can cast Arcane Lock on the stairs leading down to her lair. But now even if you can lock it, she can still escape/Teleport away with Mayrina.

3. Hold Person doesn't even work while she's in her poisonously sweet old lady disguise, but it kinda should shouldn't it?

4. I saw someone on Youtube who used Cloud of Daggers on her and it didn't Aggro her.

C'mon Larian give us back our cheese against this annoying Fugly wannabe sweet Lady.

It wasn't listed in the patch notes, but I do believe the save glitch with traders is finally fixed.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Buba68
Originally Posted by Hallifex
I have this on PC.

Ditto. I have had this a lot and since well before this latest hotfix. I've seen YTers have it too. Most noticeable with melee attacks - if the NPC has two attacks per turn - where the first attack goes as normal but when you click on the enemy for the second attack nothing happens for a second or two then the attack goes in.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Kr0w93
It wasn't listed in the patch notes, but I do believe the save glitch with traders is finally fixed.

It's not frown

Decent update. Can we please get update for hirelings, such as allowing as to change names and race? I like to play with custom party , characters take represent my family, (wife and 2 children). There is zero options for male duergar, dragonborn both sexes, female gnome etc. I have already like 800+hours over 3 years since very early access, I've beaten the game a few times and I don't need to learn the origin characters over and over again. Thank you

Originally Posted by Keroro
Originally Posted by Kr0w93

It's not frown
Oof

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard