Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm running multiple playthroughs in parallel and considering just leaving Ethel do her thing in my evil one, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Has anyone tried it? Do her interactions in later acts change in any significant way? I already killed her once, and got her hair another time, and I'm not sure if I should fight her again or not. I guess I could use that wand on my evil sorceress.

C
C
i know she can be there to help you in the final battle, if you make the right decisions, but not sure how since i've never had any incentive to try

veteran
veteran
If you help her in act 3, letting her keep the child, then she will be an ally in the final battle. I never did that myself,since I prefer freeing the child, so I don't know, how useful she'll be.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Haven't gotten to Act 3, still faffing about in Act 1. Which child? Mayrina's? Another one? One play-through I got her to both give me her hair and leave Mayrina, and she was pretty pissed, I don't expect she'll help.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MaxRavenclaw
Haven't gotten to Act 3, still faffing about in Act 1. Which child? Mayrina's? Another one? One play-through I got her to both give me her hair and leave Mayrina, and she was pretty pissed, I don't expect she'll help.
Maybe play first and see, what happens. I was of the impression, you did finish the game once, so I won't spoil anymore.

Doctor Who
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'd rather not skip the entire encounter in Act 1 just in case maybe something interesting happens in Act 3. I don't want spoilers, but I'd appreciate if anyone who didn't invade her lair at all in Act 1 chimed in if it changed anything. If nobody did, I guess I'll have to be the first, but i'd rather avoid doing it for nothing if possible.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MaxRavenclaw
I'd rather not skip the entire encounter in Act 1 just in case maybe something interesting happens in Act 3. I don't want spoilers, but I'd appreciate if anyone who didn't invade her lair at all in Act 1 chimed in if it changed anything. If nobody did, I guess I'll have to be the first, but i'd rather avoid doing it for nothing if possible.
I never skipped that encounter, but no matetr, what you do in act 1, you can decide everything new in act 3. You can fight her or not in act 1, doesn't change, that you can choose another way in act 3.

Doctor Who

Link Copied to Clipboard