Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
stranger
stranger
Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Oh it's Karlach by a landslide. Admittedly I finished the game yesterday and that ending, oof. Really tore at my heartstrings. I think a lot of the credit for me being so smitten by Karlach is the absolutely tremendous voice actor. She really knocks it out of the park. My first playthough was with Shadowheart as my LI, and I really really liked her story development too.

Gale I didn't like at first, but he seriosly grew on me in the latter half. Wyll I can take or leave, he could easily have been replaced with another character. Like a gruff dwarf! Gah... no shorties makes me sad. Lae'zel has the best story IMO. Love what they did with the githyanki.

veteran
veteran
Lae'zel.

Love her blunt honesty, sharp as an arrow thinking and straight to the point attitude. She's exquisite laezelapprove

C
C
Astarion, Lae'zel,Shadowheart, in that order.
Shadowheart IMO has the longest, most complete and best written story.
Astarion best written character and funniest.
Lae'zel, second best written character.

Halsin and Karlach i don't understand the love for them, but a percentage of ppl love them, all I hope is for Karlach to bring us a DLC to Avernus!

A
stranger
stranger
A
I need an Astarion sequel. Astarion is hands down my favorite companion. I was a vampire lover growing up, and having an opportunity to play a role in his story has been a dream come true. The voice actor, Neil Newbon, does a phenomenal job bringing him to life. This character story satisfies so many itches I’ve needed bitten, teased and tickled since I was a teenage girl reading Anne Rice and wishing Vampire the Masquerade was a little spicier. He is wonderfully terrible, and at times heart-wrenchingly relatable. I think a lot of players immediately compartmentalize him as a lecher, but there are so many layers to carefully peel back from him as the story progresses.

I think I speak for a lot of folks when I say I would be happy over the moon if Larian put out a second story featuring my new favorite vampire. Lestat, move over, there’s a new brat prince in town. I need more adventures with him! Honestly, I’d relish the opportunity to experience more content of the character. There’s a huge community of bad boy lovers that I just know are screaming about how excited they are that someone finally put out a game where we can pursue our twisted fantasies.

That’s what you want, isn’t it? To be mine. Forever.
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
I hated Astarion in EA. Now that I’ve played most of the game with him in my party, he’s really grown on me, and I find myself bothered by how relatable he is at times. I mentioned elsewhere that the performance is excellent, but it really is a testament how this game takes video game acting to another level. The VAs really help make this game.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
I loved everyone in the EA and that hasn’t changed since completing the game. I’m happy with Jaheira and Minsc, and Karlach has puppy energy that is hard not to find endearing.

I can’t help but wonder if knowing Halsin was added in as a full conpanion later effected my experience with him.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I honestly felt very little attachment to any of them. Maybe shadowheart just because her personal quest is cool.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I really enjoyed Shadowheart a lot and she was my favorite, I loved her story I think it was the best storyline in the whole game and one of my favorite companion stories in any RPG.
I liked Astarion more than I thought, and his questline was pretty okay I liked the climax at least.

Wyll and Gale were meant to be my '' magic buddies '' since I played a Warlock, but I felt like the game was reaaaally trying to push me into romantic moments with them and that I had to break their feelings ( I was romancing Shadowheart ).
My favorite thing about Wyll ended up being Mizora.

Lae'zel I didn't like on a personal level, but I thought her writing was very immersive so I kept her around, I also appreciate that she wasn't stupid and could see reason in spite of her devotion to her people.
Which is also why I reaaally didn't like Karlach at all because I felt like her writing came across like a Tumblr DnD OC, she had way too modern writing that was trying too hard to be '' badass '' imo no actual real person behaves and talks like that and it's not an in-setting thing.
If anything I think with her background her personality makes less sense.

Ngl the new ending for her just further cemented that for me, it just felt like fanservice rather than good writing.
Just my opinion ofc I know it's heresy to some not to like her...
But she's the only character I actively disliked, maybe I am old and grumpy but adults talking and acting like teenagers isn't endearing to me it's just weird.

No idea about Minthara because I just recently started my evil playthrough to get her after she was finally fixed.
I love her voice acting tho she sounds more '' mature '' than usual.
I don't mean like a grandma xD, but I dunno what other word to describe it she has a very unique voice and way of talking I really love.
I can't think of another character that has a voice like that there's just something about it I find really appealing.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Minthara had the most interesting backstory and the most tie in to the absolute, plus her voice acting was superb and I feel she has the most interesting moral compass as far as what she approves/disapproves of

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
Favourite Lae’zel (no idea why, just set and forget) and least liked are easily Karlach and Astarion.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
1-Scratch
2-My baby owl bear
3-Gale cat
4-Gale
5-Halsin if he felt complete and not rushed, as the next on the list does not: astarion

M
stranger
stranger
M
What's the sayin? "To each his own" or something? laugh I've lived long enough that I'm fully aware but it still can be surprising sometimes laugh
Anyway, I HATED Karlach. Never taking her in my party ever again. Don't have time to take care of a teenager, however effective she can be in combat.
I liked Jaheira, Shadowheart too.
I voted Lae'zel though because she's the one that surprised me the most. Didn't enjoy her much during EA but she really grew on me after you get to visit her creche.

Last edited by M3r4; 07/09/23 09:07 AM.
veteran
veteran
I am luke warm toward most of them. I probably enjoyed Laez story the most so far. It's seems to be the one that gels best with the main story.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Tied between Shadowheart and Astarion. At least for this playthrough. They just get along so well with my chaotic neutral drow warlock, and don't seem to mind his brain tadpole addiction or his constant [Deception] when talking to NPCs smile

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have now decided on Lae'zel.

She was actually my favorite right from the start and it hasn't changed.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
On my good playthrough it's tied between Karlach and Astarion.

journeyman
journeyman
Jaheira! I can't believe that she has 0 votes!

I can't vote, maybe because I already voted for someone else! Probably Halsin. He was cool in act II, but he is so boring and almost has nothing to say in act III. SO: at the end of the game I have to go with Jaheira.

stranger
stranger
Playing as a "good" Durge, I freakin LOVE Jaheira. She gives Durge hope even though she has every right to be suspicious or even hostile. Love her!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by a.g.letters
I have included another voting poll wink
Poor Jaheira..

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard