M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Chlamydia
Originally Posted by MrMadakey
Originally Posted by Chlamydia
Originally Posted by MrMadakey
Clearly they're not reading the forum and ignoring their bug support, so lets go one up.

https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1709135077983035542

Here is the latest tweet about the latest patch. Post your problem there and anywhere else you can think of.

If they're going to completely ignore support and blame US for mods that we haven't installed. Then we need to get it through to them a different way don't we.

I'm sure they're aware of it but they just haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Actually, you can post to the support right now and they will 1 either not respond to you or 2 respond to you saying that you have mods installed.

You can go back through the entire thread yourself and see the amount of people getting the same responses. Also this bug has been made aware of quite a few DAYS before the current patch went live. The bug doesn't just happen in Act 3. It can happen literally anywhere, it's just prominent in Act 3, and if you happen to get stuck there with no saves. Well people are currently stuck in Limbo with no REAL responses. So until I get a response that isn't about "mods" being installed on my system. I'm going to keep voicing what is happening.

The Discord admins are just customer service reps, they don't have any information related to the development of the game.

Tracking down the cause of a bug can be hard, as can fixing it (without breaking something else).

Like everyone here, I haven't been able to play the game since Patch 3 dropped because of all the new bugs. But that doesn't mean Larian isn't working on them. I wish they'd fix them faster since I want to get back to playing the game, but I also understand that bug fixing is hard.

Who said anything about discord admins? Also I'm not asking for a lot other than "We know about it, we're working on it."

A little clarification goes a long way, I love larian and bg3 to bits but it's making it very hard to want to recommend a game to people right now when we can't even FINISH THE GAME.

The best response we've had from all of this is literally "You have mods installed"

It's not like I'm asking for a tonne doing, there's a lot that needs to get done, there's quite a few bugs if nobody has noticed. However, none of them literally stop your progress dead.

Again, not asking for a lot. Just a little response to say "We're working on it" It's not much to ask....

P
stranger
stranger
P
It's kinda fucking crazy that this shit is still fucked. Seeing as it seems to be an issue with dead actors with more then 0 HP, surely they can just scam the save file and set their HP to 0.

V
stranger
stranger
V
So, finding an 'undead' watcher actually fixed this for me! Thx to whoever found out about this. Really hope Larian will address this soon.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I'm very tempted to spend a few hours seeing if I can reliably repro this issue from the save just before the fight where it happened. Might be hard to do given that RNG is involved though!

At that point it's starting to feel like we're doing the devs' job for them though. The silence on this has been poor. I've had better experiences reporting bugs in free open source projects maintained by people as a hobby than this.

Lots of effort from the player community has gone into tracking down the cause of this bug, reporting it in detail, and supporting people with workarounds - an acknowledgement, a thank you, and a "we're working on it" would be nice.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
**This is a repost by me of similar content I wrote on a different thread. It's germane here as well**

Larian committed the very common error among successful software developers (not just gaming devs) where they focus on features and enhancements on the heels of a popular launch, and ignore performance and stability and regard it as technical debt. Larian should have waited for the mirror and all the other enhancements for a DLC package (even origin character ending changes), and ensured bugs were squashed first in the initial release version.

They've thrown gas on the fire with patch 3 and now it creates a QA nightmare for them to figure out. What they'll likely have to do (and why they're silent on this) is roll back Patch 3 and they're trying to figure out how to avoid that outcome by further troubleshooting. The thing about code is it's like putting jello in a bowl of jello. It all mixes together and it's hard to figure out what's caused by the new stuff vs the old stuff. In short, the silence is more an indication that they are unsure how to proceed and don't want to give messages to the community until a path is charted as whatever they say will go viral and they know that. I do believe they know it's a problem, and a big one.

"IF" Larian was smart at this moment they would roll back Patch 3 and take some fan annoyance. At least the game would work. And then do proper QA and release Patch 3 down the road in a more controlled setting. Thing is they're also tangled in the reputational mess of holding their heads high over other AAA companies saying 'See, this is how you release a good game.' And a massive rollback is a sign of weakness on that reputation. They shouldn't care about such things as players will still be much happier with a game that works. But egos are as egos do.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Im so afraid of starting a new campaign and the same issue happening. Im so heartbroken. Does this gane deserve GOTY? ABSOLUTELY!! but just a little acknowledgement goes a long way. It only happens w this game. Only trying to get into lower city. I cant find a dead body that is bugged. All workthroughs ive seen posted have been tried and does nothing. I just wanna finish my first playthrough frown

W
stranger
stranger
W
Just +1 this to show it is still a problem for me as well, even after the most recent patch.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Another +1. Also struggling with this, even after hotfix 8.

M
stranger
stranger
M
This problem just keeps getting weirder. I have a save that I can log into where I am in my camp (rooms) in baldurs gate. I can port to Lower City just fine. I can port back to Southern Span just fine. (butchering the name probably)

However when I port back to Lower City it crashes? Makes no sense!

stranger
stranger
For the latest guys on the thread, in case this might have gotten lost in between the many comments: look for the >0 HP dead corpses at Steel Foundry or Blushing Mermaid basement and reduce those to 0 HP or put them in ur camp chest.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by mjnorman187
This problem just keeps getting weirder. I have a save that I can log into where I am in my camp (rooms) in baldurs gate. I can port to Lower City just fine. I can port back to Southern Span just fine. (butchering the name probably)

However when I port back to Lower City it crashes? Makes no sense!

Here's what's going on:

There's corrupted NPC data somewhere in your save, in the Lower City level data. With any luck, this data is an NPC body that's "dead" but has greater than 0hp that isn't despawned or in an inaccessible area.

This data doesn't cause a crash when you load your save or leave your camp - the problematic code only runs when you travel there from another region. (Presumably the game does some special checks based on which NPCs are alive or dead at this point, and hits an unhandled exception when the answer is "both")

A friendly request to new folks in this thread: please send your save files to Larian and describe the bug in detail. Larian has NOT acknowledged this bug actually exists yet, so as of yet we do not expect them to fix it! Instructions here:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=874801#Post874801

R
stranger
stranger
R
Ive sent numerous reports(but cant send save as im on ps5) but ive heard absolutely nothing back. I get they are busy, but ita been a long time.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Any luck with Hotfix #9? Can't test it myself until later in the day.

J
stranger
stranger
J
No difference, unfortunately.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Yeap this hellfire watcher 1 hp/dead was exactly my issue as well. Lost 12 hours of game play reverting to this save but guess its better than not being able to finish. As another use pointed out, the code fix for "is dead" should be straight forward. It is perplexing to me that Larin is choosing to ignore/acknowledge our feedback especially for PS5 users.

Last edited by Anonymous678; 06/10/23 09:15 PM. Reason: clarify
C
stranger
stranger
C
Captain Grizly was the key to fixing my game. I thought you could save her by knocking her out during the hag encounter but the game registered her as dead. I found her down there tagged as dead with 6hp.

Last edited by Cecilx; 06/10/23 11:02 PM. Reason: wrong name
M
stranger
stranger
M
This is awesome and I have seen this in the thread. Am I just supposed to wander around looking for dead bodies?

W
stranger
stranger
W
Finally found the solution to my crashing, posting it here in case anyone else has a similar problem. Mine was different, in Cazador's palace there's that dead girl that has the sapper curse cast on her, I had dragged that corpse out of the room using a spell so that I could loot the stuff inside the room. That body with the curse had killed the vampire girl on that floor, but she was bugged as dead but with full hp. I hadn't noticed and then went and killed Cazador. Just throwing it out there so folks know it could also be somebody in Cazador's mansion. Good luck to everyone!

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by mjnorman187
This is awesome and I have seen this in the thread. Am I just supposed to wander around looking for dead bodies?

That or wait for a patch, but it's been two weeks with no official fix.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I had been stuck with this problem for almost two weeks, luckily I found this thread. My problem was 9hp dead mask of terror npc in the blushing mermaid basement. I can travel from wyrm's rock to lower city again! hopefully I can finally finish this game now.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard