Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I tried modding the game with BG3 mod manager and it made my game unplayable. I have removed all the mod related files or so I thought. However the mods folder and the mods.xlx file keeps repopulating when I play. I went into local app%data and got rid of the files, the modified steam files and yet Gale's portrait remains the white wizard modded look, and it crashes anywhere within a couple hours to ten minutes of playtime.

[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...ec73a2b36ae323b6dfebd2a3d6ca237c8fc&[/img]

journeyman
journeyman
Have you deleted within the BG3 ModManager really EVERYTHING? Like: Delete all! And "Permanent".

I had similar problems and I deleted the Data folder and just repair the Files with Steam. So I got a "clean" Data folder.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by cypheroftyr
So I tried modding the game with BG3 mod manager and it made my game unplayable. I have removed all the mod related files or so I thought. However the mods folder and the mods.xlx file keeps repopulating when I play. I went into local app%data and got rid of the files, the modified steam files and yet Gale's portrait remains the white wizard modded look, and it crashes anywhere within a couple hours to ten minutes of playtime.

Where are you launching the game from?

Is the game actually installing the mods or is it just the folders repopulating?

The Gale thing could be because the info is still in the ave. Have you tried stating a new game?

A bit more info on what you did in the first place may have helped.

Last edited by Beechams; 07/10/23 04:23 PM.
old hand
old hand
have you tried doing a repair/verify integrity?

Last edited by fallenj; 07/10/23 08:23 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard