I think the way it is often raised it tends to get dismissed as fragile people being upset that their little sweetheart can even think about someone else and it coming off as being a bit possessive (not saying that it is, keep reading).

I understand the more nuanced dimensions to this now, but I started off in this thread as the big opposing voice (sorry if I pissed some people off), but came to change my perspective entirely when it was presented to me in a factual way that could not be argued.

My personal perspective to this is that I still don't have much of a problem that Shadowheart can think of other people. I do find Halsin repulsive, due to his creepy personality, and would question Shadowheart's personal taste on this. But lots of people, including people that I have the highest respect for, find him very attractive so I guess I will accept that we can have different tastes and she can like both Tav and Halsin (though this is really inconsistent, see below). Since I dislike him so much on a personal level, I just keep him out of the party or implement one of the other many proposed solutions here to be rid off him permanently. I understand and think it is badly implemented how you can unintentionally end up in this uncomfortable situation that some have experienced because they didn't know that you had to keep him away.

I agree with all that is said about the inconsistency in writing. I think it's abundandly clear and obvious that it was shoehorned in as an afterthought. I don't even feel the need to discuss it, because to me it's basically an axiom at this point. But I can ignore the inconsistency by sticking to the decisions that keeps my consistency and immersiveness intact.

I just want the unwanted intrusion of rape-culture that you can't even challenge entirely removed or re-written, because it is so inconsiderate and hurtful towards real people. I think this would also fix most of the other problems that people have here too (since if Halsin respects boundaries and consent he wouldn't be injecting himself in this uninvited), so I am on your side here.

Last edited by papercut_ninja; 08/10/23 08:51 AM.