Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Originally Posted by Beechams
Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx
Thank you again for all the hard work, Larian! 2 hot fixes in a week! You guys are great!

People like you are unreal. If Larian were great they wouldn't need two hotfixes in a week. That's nine hotfixes and three patches in two months.

It's interesting to me that, in this day an age, people can still not understand technology.

Tech isn't perfect. And game devs that have already made their money have almost 0 reason to fix something after its broken.

Games are not made like they used to be. The tech is more complicated, it's harder to predict how it will react and some of the bugs, glitches, and needed fixes you all bitch about ISN'T happening to the vast majority of people playing.

So, Larian doing best-efforts to fix what they legitimately have no incentive to do, cause they've made their millions and its obvious people will continue to whine till the end of days, is a pretty awesome move that should be commended.

For those of you who need an idea of how difficult it is to do any of this, pay attention to indie devs or small teams. Compare size and scope, engines and smoothness. Even with decades of time, a smaller more passionate teams, and a small scope of game, THEY ALL RELEASE WITH BUGS. And they aren't half as good or in-depth as this game is.

If you're mad games are releasing with bugs with the multitude of platforms it has to contend with with the multitude of moments games have to now account for, then I'm sorry, video games aren't for you and maybe you should stick with comfortable 80's technology.

What condescending nonsense.

Nothing is perfect but somehow your mobile phone works, passenger aircraft work, washing machines work, your PC works, your socks work.

Games are not not made like they should be because gaming in not regulated in the way other sectors are. Game developers get away with things other types of company would not. Also imagine if Microsoft soft released, say, a version of Office that was in this state people, including the likes of you would be screaming about it.

You have exactly zero knowledge of how hard or not Larian are working on any of this. Larian are still making money from BG3, and have the XBox release in mind, which is why they are knocking out these sticking plasters.

Larian chose to make this game and make it in the way they did. Larian were not a big company when they started out and only grew because their ambition got the best of them. Hype aside, the game is not particularly special or ground-breaking in any department.

When I went to secondary school pocket calculators were the latest big thing. I retired from work as an IT technician and I have been playing computer games since before PCs.

Owlcat's Rogue Trader releases in the next week or so, let's see how that does. Meanwhile you stick your nose back up Larian's jacksie.

I'm sorry sir, I have respect for IT retirees.

But, I actually work with tech as a job in the modern day and, no offense, but it's the old tech retirees that I have the hardest time walking through simple processes because they believe they know everything when tech passed them up ages ago. Not saying you fall into that camp and I'm sure you were fantastic with tech, but a lot of what you're saying is kind of naive.

Does your phone not receive regular tech updates to squash bugs? Because if it doesn't, your phones security could be at risk, just fyi.

Additionally, PC's have glitches and bugs almost as often as video games so I don't know what rig you have but, if you're the only one with the Golden PC that's never had issues, congrats.

Had to replace my washing machine just last year cause a load was put in incorrectly and the spinning of it BROKE ITSELF.

And as far as Microsoft releasing an office that's buggy ummm....do you not remember Windows 7? Windows 8? The first release of Windows 10? And now 11?
Every single one released with shitty PC breaking bugs that needed and STILL NEED regular updates.

I'm sorry, but there is no perfect tech. None at all.
And considering video games are creating a virtual sandbox and displaying millions of pixels and animations in a single frame all at once, video games, even with their bugs, have been a triumph.
BG3 is gorgeous and, unlike other studios that let their games die on the release day chopping block and never do anything afterward, we have a few studios out there that deserve praise for not letting it go by the wayside.

Larian is doing that. And I say props to them.

Now, a 4-5 months from now, if all of their hotfixes are still not addressing game breaking bugs, then I'll eat my words because thats far too long to let that go on.

But, come on. The release the game 2 months ago with a recent release on PS5 not even a month ago. They're actively working on large patches and hotfixes all the time. Cut them some goddamn slack. I'm sure you have better things you could be doing.

#JusticeForAstarion
B
old hand
old hand
B
I actually work with tech as a job in the modern day and, no offense, but it's the old tech retirees that I have the hardest time walking through simple processes because they believe they know everything when tech passed them up ages ago.

Or perhaps you don't know as much as you think you do.

So your washing machine broke because of user error.

A phone requiring updates to firmware or whatever does not equate to a non-working phone and certainly not to all the phones of that model. (I have never owned a mobile phone).

I build my own PCs and while individual components may break I can't think of any 'bugs or glitches' off-hand.

And as far as Microsoft releasing an office that's buggy ummm....do you not remember Windows 7? Windows 8? The first release of Windows 10? And now 11?
Every single one released with shitty PC breaking bugs that needed and STILL NEED regular updates.

That was my point - did you post on fora saying what a great job MS were doing or did you complain?

Computer games are not 'tech' - they utilise technology.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Holy shit today I wanted to play with my oldest daughter.
We are playing on TV with two controllers spit screen Gforce Now.
Have any one from the devs tested hotfix 9.
As soon as someone talks with something. The next battle the second screen user freezing and it's showing from that point the first screen. And that's it. Now you need to restart the game. It's not related to Act its touching everything.

Holy shit pls revert back to patch 3 it was stable.
This is really getting to Cyberpunk realease version experience.
Comone pls test the game a do something.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Jones76
Big is absolutely no excuse for unfinished and in a state that is barely acceptable for a beta phase. And BG3 is by far not as big and complex, as you make it to be. A good comparison would be the Pathfinder games, with tons more classes, mechanics, spells, weapons, armor, characters and so on, a crusade mode on top and other gimmicks. They were released in way better state by a smaller team.

Well, now I know for a fact you didn't play Wrath of the Righteous directly on release, LMAO

stranger
stranger
Thank you again for all the hard work, Larian! 2 hot fixes in a week! You guys are great!

People like you are unreal. If Larian were great they wouldn't need two hotfixes in a week. That's nine hotfixes and three patches in two months.

lul
Starting a post with "people like you" and expecting anyone to respect anything you have to say.
Interesting you picked on Phoenix and not the many other commenters posting similar sentiments. I wonder why. Hmmmm I just wonder what it could be...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Moderators, please ban Beechams and ZOZO1006. I speak on behalf of the majority. Thank you.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Well, while I have some substantial bugs (which I reported), this, to me, is the single best game I have played. I am biased as I played all IE games and the tabletop. Not to discount those that are having difficulties, the bugs I had with BG2 were completely save deleting disasters at the time, and that can be expected with so many options. A special shout out has to go to the voice acting. Not sure any other game has come close. Also, many things in entertainment are only as good as the villains, and these are very, very good. The bugs will be dealt with, and despite this I am having a blast.

B
B
Friendly reminder for anyone experiencing bugs to please file a bug report via https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85
This game has countless permutations and some bugs may only trigger for a subset of players (especially if you're using mods).

Let's keep it civil and have some patience. Larian have a track record of supporting and updating their games for years on end.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
What Bomor said. Let’s keep it civil and not start pecking at one another.

Insults and rudeness to others, especially for just expressing a view you don’t share, is out of order. But so is putting out a call to moderators to ban other users on a public thread. Apart from the fact we could easily not see it, it comes across as a bit passive aggressive even if that’s not how it’s meant. If you think someone’s posts aren’t in line with forum rules, then the right thing to do is use the post report functionality.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
addict
addict
Z
Look I am playing on Geforce Now Ultimate tier ( that is literally the best gaming pc) if you are not familiar with it.
Its a cloud gaming platform chek it out on YouTube.
And its impossible to mod it.

I don't had problems with patch 1-2-3 it was totally fine.
But the hotfix 8-9 caused Gambreaking bugs. That's mean we cannot play the game in this state bugs.
And the fact that no one tested this is unbelievable.?!?..

I dont had problem with smal bugs so the previous 3000bugs they fixed in patch 1/2/3 it don't bothered me.
I don't had the feeling I need to say something.
Because I could play the game.
But at hotfix 8 it was stated out the fixed 2 things Splint Armour and Raphaels hair and it was a lie. I pointed it out there.
Then in hotfix 9 they wrote that Splint Mail is fixed again.
I even make a picture with my phone that it's also a lie.

So I am not angry but.
Fact is I cannot choose the patch that I am playing on.
And the game became unplayable now.
How the 9Hells can this happen after playing a game continuesly for a month?

I cannot ask the question hou is responsible for this??
I am supporting with my purchases Larian for more then 20+ years.
If no one else, I think I deserve the right to ask this question. Because previously the games were buggy to but never I had to say "this is unplayable".

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Arcturus
Just one question. Is the saving bug which kills saving after trading fixed? Haven't played the game since Hotfix 6.
up

O
stranger
stranger
O
I don't get why some people struggle so much with the game. Are there bugs sure. Are they worse than other games out there no. Just because someone's super duper new pc struggle to run the game properly doesn't mean the game is borked. Ill put it like this. My pc is from 2016. I don't have an ssd so I do get the cinematics loading in slow but the slow hd setting helps a bit. So no big deal not a bug for me. I do have lag in BG itself and only in the lower city till everything have loaded in but then its silky smooth. My mod total stands at almost a 100 mods now and I played through the game now 5 times since release. Not once have I had any of these major bugs people are talking about. Any problems I had was fixed by updating my mods. example with the mirror and inproved ui. The only issues other than that was some cinematic glitch and the nudity thing which was fixed. So this whole notion of the game being in an unplayable state is nonsense.

I can understand if you playing on a console as that is something completely different. I can't comment on that.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by euph
A phone requiring updates to firmware or whatever does not equate to a non-working phone and certainly not to all the phones of that model. (I have never owned a mobile phone).

An IT without a mobile phone? Sorry, don't believe it. I had to have one already back in the 90's.
I said I'd never owned one not that I'd never used one.

I build my own PCs and while individual components may break I can't think of any 'bugs or glitches' off-hand.
Never had bugs? Sorry, don't believe it. I build my PC too, and find everything from firmware bugs to DOA, or even just Windows being Windows and bugging out because it feels it.[/quote]
I've never experienced a firmware bug at home or at work. A DOA component is a (singular) DOA component which in any case may have been damaged in transit.

Computer games are not 'tech' - they utilise technology.
And I take it you think we're still using the same "tech" that was used on a ZX Spectrum. rolleyes
Because entire engines haven't been built from scratch to make a game... yeah... you sound really convincing... rolleyes suspicion[/quote]

Your comment about Spectrum is moronic.
We were using the word in a specific sense but as a general definition of technology I grant that computer games are 'tech'.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by LainaLou

lul
Starting a post with "people like you" and expecting anyone to respect anything you have to say.
Interesting you picked on Phoenix and not the many other commenters posting similar sentiments. I wonder why. Hmmmm I just wonder what it could be...

Why don't you tell us all why that could be as I haven't an igloo about what you are talking about.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Osculim
So this whole notion of the game being in an unplayable state is nonsense.

Whether you can understand it or not is irrelevant. Just because you have not had any problems does not mean that many, many others have not had problems. Larian have 'fixed' well in excess of 2,000 bugs (I stopped keeping tracks weeks ago).

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Moderators, please ban Beechams and ZOZO1006. I speak on behalf of the majority. Thank you.

You pretentious plonker. Show us the evidence that you speak for the majority.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Let's all accept that, given the plethora of different setups and configurations and the complexity of the game, we're going to have different experiences of the number of bugs. Some of us may not come across game breaking bugs, others clearly have.

And just as clearly Larian are working through the backlog of bugs, and some are taking longer to fix than others. We can all help with that if we wish and have the time by submitting bug reports and savegames using the Report a Bug functionality on the launcher, to help diagnose the problems.

But sniping at one another definitely isn't going to help, and repeated abrasive and rude behaviour to other forum members despite multiple warnings or failure to read and comply with moderator requests is going to result in timeouts. Beechams will already be taking a break. Please, let's have no more!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Osculim
So this whole notion of the game being in an unplayable state is nonsense.

Whether you can understand it or not is irrelevant. Just because you have not had any problems does not mean that many, many others have not had problems. Larian have 'fixed' well in excess of 2,000 bugs (I stopped keeping tracks weeks ago).
Exactly as Red Queen said different configs will have different results. Sometimes people should at least make the effort to look at their pc's and try and figure out why things don't work. It's not always bugs. Anyway that is all I have to say about that. Regardless I do hope you get your problems sorted Good luck

Z
addict
addict
Z
I gues you are not familiar with Geforce Now.
Its impossible to send save games from cloud gaming.
They should really test this out by them self. Anyway I don't like to be a Guinea Pig.
And ppl don't know what they are asking. It's ultra hard to record video and make screenshot from a TV. Because that is the reasonable way of reporting bugs.
I could do it but as I posted it before.
I send my steam deck to repair they will send me a new one but its around a week that it's coming back from Belgium.

And again I am not really asking for fix. I ask that they test it out and roll back to patch 3.
I tryed my best to record it with the help of my wife on phone.
So don't judge the quality.

For me this is unplayable bug I cannot start any combat.
Every one can say what ever they want this is wortst then early access quality.

On a personal note I want to say something. This is some kind of a new trend that games have this specific type of soccer fans. Rushing to defend the bugs harassing ppl hou have problems with the game. And those ppl hou want positive changes.
For example in our country there is one soccer team that is ultra bad mostly they are just loosing. But they have huge fanatic fan base. And those fans a willing to beat kill every one that is critical to they favorite team. This why the team is never improving.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 09/10/23 09:09 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I gues you are not familiar with Geforce Now.
Its impossible to send save games from cloud gaming.
They should really test this out by them self. Anyway I don't like to be a Guinea Pig.
And ppl don't know what they are asking. It's ultra hard to record video and make screenshot from a TV. Because that is the reasonable way of reporting bugs.
I could do it but as I posted it before.
I send my steam deck to repair they will send me a new one but its around a week that it's coming back from Belgium.

And again I am not really asking for fix. I ask that they test it out and roll back to patch 3.
I tryed my best to record it with the help of my wife on phone.
So don't judge the quality.

For me this is unplayable bug I cannot start any combat.
Every one can say what ever they want this is wortst then early access quality.

On a personal not I want to say something. This is some kind of a new trend that games have this specific type of soccer fans. Rushing to defend the bugs harassing ppl hou have problems with the game. And those ppl hou want positive changes.
For example in our country there is one soccer team that is ultra bad mostly they are just loosing. But they have huge fanatic fan base. And those fans a willing to beat kill every one that is critical to they favorite team. This why the team is never improving.

I think, critisism should always be ok, I had some performance drops in the Gauntle of Shar since the new patch, so I hoped those things get prioritized over hair color of npcs or cat fur (or not fur). I guess the problem was, that some user were really impolite.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard