Print Thread
#905912 01/10/23 08:55 AM
B
BG3NF Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Is there a way to generate new merchandise with a merchant in the game? I haven't discovered a method yet but I've heard that you can refresh their stock if you have a high affinity level. Is this right? I'm curious about why certain NPCs on the map are designated as merchants when it seems possible to trade with other NPCs who are seemingly just wandering around the world. It can be a bit cumbersome to approach every NPC to determine who is available for trading. Any tips?

journeyman
journeyman
Merchant inventory refreshes after long rests and level ups, some stock won't appear until you get a high enough level, eg: better generic armor and potions, higher level scrolls.
You won't find new unique items by refreshing merchant inventory unless it's due to being hidden by level requirement but I don't know of any.
Some merchants relocate and get new unique items doing so, eg: Dammon, Roah Moonglow.

apprentice
apprentice
It is apparently possible to trade with MOST NPCs, even those that aren't merchants, by clicking the Trade button while in dialogue with them. I have forgotten to look for this every single time though so I have yet to try. wink

[Linked Image from coloden.com]
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Items in a trader's inventory can also be altered (not referring to the unlocking the ability to be able to trade) by quest or dialogue as well. This works both ways in a few rare cases. And KyaSapphire is correct. It is easier to spot when in dialogue mode with an NPC. There are by default a set of buttons to the lower left (on PC anyway). Those that you can trade with will have one that allows you to open a trade window. There is also a button to switch to a party member that is not in the dialogue. Useful if the conversation is not going in your favor, and your companions may need to prepare for the inevitable. Or perhaps one of them wants to explore what is behind curtain number 1, while the NPC is engaged. Maybe similar to what one parent was doing, while the other was setting expectations meeting your first date.

Link Copied to Clipboard