Originally Posted by victorvnv
I disagree with the OP.

The game teaches you that sometimes what’s good for you isn’t good for the many and vice versa .

Sometimes you have to make hard choises and for me I always chose power over morale.

I let my buddy be the winner and ascend especially given the fact that I myself am the uncrowned prince of House Baal.

So it’s a fitting for a dark urge to have at least some powerful Allies who also chose power over goody two shoes choises and Astarion is perfectly made for this

The child of Baal, the ascended vampire and the daughter of Darkness sounds like an excellent team.

If you only get rewarded for being nice there won’t be any point in ever doing anything good.

Plus in real life it’s the same thing, you have to sometimes screw the others and chose what’s good for you else you are just going to be one of the many

Sir/Madam, you are missing the point entirely.

Because YOU didn't choose the so called "good" ending that turns Astarion into a better person (morally), while he remains a pretty "powerless" spawn and therefore you didn't see the atrocity of a joke the docks scene turned Astarion into, doesn't mean that Larian didn't drop a ball there.

Look, we aren't asking for Astarion to be magically resistant to sunlight, we aren't asking for him not to start scorching at some point, what we are asking for is some reaction from our MAIN CHARACTER (who could possibly be in romance with Astarion) and for our companions to not start cracking underhanded jokes a'la "POOR ASTARION, BOO WILL BRING YOU A SUNFLOWER" . It's completely tone deaf!!!

What we are asking for is for our MC to rush to his help, drop a cloak over him, conjure water, cast darkness, anything!

Last edited by Nicottia; 09/10/23 06:22 AM.