Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 82 of 157 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 156 157
Instagram story for Theo, Emma had a tweet about motion capture at the same studio (do not remember where peeps saw the photo at, also likely Insta)

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
F
Banned
Banned
F
You sure? The last thing he posted related to BG3 was from july

Instagram stories do expire after 24 hours, but also it was just him in the motion capture gear with the same company logo as in his announcement as Wyll back in the day. No caption, so it's technically not necessarily BG-related (as I mentioned twice), it just COULD be. It could also be some other project, it could also be old stuff.

We won't get any actual news for a while either way, even if they are doing something, so why not poke the little things. That's what they're posted for anyway.

Last edited by tarraxahum; 08/10/23 03:21 PM.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Any announcments prior to the new year will be a mircale. But a man can dream. Any updates on their twitter or social media is still good to mention as it keeps us motivated!

#JusticefirKarlach

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
It is a bit of a weird feeling. I mean, I'd really want to play the game, but I can't bring myself to do it as long as the endings are what they are. Somewhat frustrating.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Same.

I'm replaying Witcher 3 for a bit of a more feel-good story lol.

old hand
old hand
I know how you feel. But Act 3 is crazy glitchy right now anyway. Like on my Shadowheart romance save, the romance dialogue options and the cutscenes are so, so bugged. And characters are talking about events that haven’t even happened yet. I think patch 3 broke some stuff. So don’t feel too bad about waiting. I think it’s pretty clear that the game needs a lot more work. You could always play up to the end of Act 2 again.

Also, I absolutely love NomTheBurrito’s meme. Nice work

Edit: And I agree that there seems to be very little content where the player connects with Karlach through her tadpole, in contrast to a character like Shadowheart. That’s, I think, likely attributable to Karlach just being a less developed character who was added in later, and it’s a testament to the need to develop her character further. Having more tadpole interactions is low on my list of changes I’d like to see made with Karlach, but it would be a nice touch.

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 08/10/23 06:26 PM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My curious question of the day is this: what will you do once a patch drops and tells us that yes, Larian has in fact heard all the fan pleas and edited Act 3/added an engine fix questline/happier ending for Karlach? Will you replay a game from a certain point, run a new game, play as Karlach, scream abput it online?

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Well for me personally, I stopped playing in the beginning of Act 2 once I heard what Karlach's ending was like, so I didn't get very far anyway. I assume that by the time the devs get around to patching in a better Karlach ending they'll also have added other content in areas that people have complained about, so I'll probably just start over and experience all of it at once rather than getting it piecemeal as it comes out.

old hand
old hand
I think I would immediately, ecstatically, start a new game and pick up Karlach as a companion early. I’d go through the whole experience of playing the game, enjoying her as much as possible. As I would like to be doing right now! But the end would be really hard to swallow after getting that invested. But yeah, I would definitely start from the beginning. She has really nice content in Act 1. And then irl, I would be free to fully indulge my love for the character, and do something silly like buy a Karlach plushie, something like that. If her endings were better, she would be one of my favorite characters hands-down from the games I’ve played. It would be nice to be able to fully indulge that joy without an element of bitterness! (That’s the whole problem right now. The joy is tainted by bitterness.) What a lovely dream, huh? What about you? What would you do?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos

My curious question of the day is this: what will you do once a patch drops and tells us that yes, Larian has in fact heard all the fan pleas and edited Act 3/added an engine fix questline/happier ending for Karlach? Will you replay a game from a certain point, run a new game, play as Karlach, scream abput it online?

In order:
-Get to download that shit
-Post here and everywhere else to make sure everyone knows
-Go make a coffee
-Have a meltdown
-Shakily get back to my pc and make the same exact tav I always make
-Replay everything thoroughly like a madman down to every last minute detail
-Get to crying (of happiness one would hope)
-Get a shirt that says I love my girlfriend with the goofiest karlach face I can find
-Get a Karlach tatt
-Finally sleep like life matters again

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Oh man, reading these made me smile so hard. Really hoping for us to be able to experience this sometime. Also hell yes team I would totally get a Karlach-related tattoo!

apprentice
apprentice
I'll start the company from 0 from the beginning

Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos

Oh I definitely will run to replay the whole game anew with the same original Tav as I did the first time (I have a duckling syndrome in my game characters anyhow).

Unless the changes will be easily old-save compatible from a certain plot point, in which case, I might boot up the old save 'cause I am nothing if not impatient. And THEN replay the whole game anyway, likely.

Although the urge to check this thread or any other place online to fish for spoilers will be STRONG. Might even give in to it. You know, to be SURE something changed this time. And to be SURE that I won't accidentally screw it up! laugh

Originally Posted by Enerif
In order:
-Go make a coffee
-Have a meltdown
-Get a shirt that says I love my girlfriend with the goofiest karlach face I can find
-Get a Karlach tatt

I don't know. I don't think you're committed enough. Not a single mention of you doing your daily prayer at your Karlach shrine.

Originally Posted by Vincke Game God
I'll start the company from 0 from the beginning

Swen, I didn't know you were such a big Karlach fan to re-found the whole company out of excitement.

Personally, I would take a week off work, tell my family and friends to count me as dead for that week, and then lose myself in her story.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
In order:
-Go make a coffee
-Have a meltdown
-Get a Karlach tatt

I don't know. I don't think you're committed enough. Not a single mention of you doing your daily prayer at your Karlach shrine.

SOME THINGS ARE PRIVATE

R
Rae Offline
R
[quote=NomTheBurritos][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

In order:
-Go make a coffee
-Have a meltdown
-Get a Karlach tatt

laugh

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I would have to just restart a full playthrough but more importantly, it would allow me to do AALLL the other playthroughs i currently have planned but not willing to do atm with how karlachs story ends.

#JusticeforKarlach

Page 82 of 157 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard