Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 84 of 157 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 156 157
the hell you're talking about Phantom Liberty is an awesome DLC nope not going there it's pointless

Instead can I offer y'all a fanart of the tavern ending that Samantha suggested 'cause the idea has been living in my head rent-free so I finally did something about it

(great time to remember that Twitter hates accounts that rarely post, SIGH)

a slightly better resolution in case twit decides to eat the quality

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Brilliant work!! I really hope they implement something of the kind, if not post-Avernus then post-Act 3. Also really hope Sam reacts to it with more than a like, would love for you to get some good vibes back for bringing this lovely idea to life!

Edit: there it isss!

Last edited by NomTheBurritos; 11/10/23 10:52 PM.
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
YES YES YES YES YES

Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos

Love the fact that I opened this forum before I did Twitter and immediately went "wait there WHAT is O_O" Welp, a very good morning to me then!

And thank you <3

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by tarraxahum

Love the fact that I opened this forum before I did Twitter and immediately went "wait there WHAT is O_O" Welp, a very good morning to me then!

And thank you <3

i assume you are talking about a response from Sam towards the karlach.tavern picture? can you quote/summarize her answer? i dont use twitter, so i cant see the replies. thanks

#JusticeForKarlach!
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Of course! They quote-retweeted it with a *chefs kiss* as caption

F
Banned
Banned
F
Jesus you're pathetic. Be it Phantom Liberty, Broken Steel or whatever. DLC should never expand (or rather finish) the main story, it's just disgusting practice and you all hoping for it makes me lose whatever left I had of faith in this community

Last edited by Feris; 12/10/23 12:40 PM.
Aw thank you! I'm proudly pathetic, nice to be acknowledged <3

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Again PSA announcment, just ignore Feris, ppl. do not engage he is not worth your time or energy.

Of course! They quote-retweeted it with a *chefs kiss* as caption

Thanks for answering by the way!

That one heart-on-fire emoji is incredibly appropriate for Karlach I'll say (apparently I can't paste it here, the forum disagrees)

B
Banned
Banned
B
Because someone dared to acknowledge that DLC's that actually finish the story is the worst practice right after microtransactions? Well now I see why gaming industry is so garbage nowdays

Sometimes I see people posting some unused or rare lines that they dig up, with devnotes and all, and some of them make me wonder. Like apparently someone dug up Gale at one point having romance-specific phrases in combat and such? Curious if there's something like that for Karlach in there, too.

Question here being - does anyone know WHERE people read all that?

(I just miss romance-specific barks. Tav's Voice 8 (which mine uses) gives out SUCH a sorrowful yell when Karlach goes down that for a time I was convinced it's a romance thing, but apparently not, we just love Karlach that much (good))

I read the entire thread (yes i'm that crazy lol) and read lots of interesting suggestions/theories etc. I'm pretty much in agreement with most of you, I just want to be able to help my girl. Larian IS capable of writing a good story for each character. The only oddity in this is Karlach, which is why it doesn't add up considering the way they write meaningful stories and gives the player options on how each companion's story should go. It's entirely up to the protagonist.

>Let them succumb to the past? Done
>Let them decide for themselves? Done (except Wyll for some reason, he's the only companion that we have to make the choice for him with the pact scene.)
>Help them overcome their past? Done.

We can't even do that with Karlach bc all of her endings are either doom or gloom. Even if they made Tav go with her, it's still not a good ending because we are right back to where she fought tooth and nail to escape from.

Yay...

R
R
Wait a second! I recognize that name :O Is that THE WildOrchid? Number one Judy Álvarez fan. smile If so, nice to see you here.

I haven't posted in this thread (I think I didn't, just lurked) because everything has already been said. But I do hope they fix Karlach and give us an option for a happier ending. So here I am throwing my support/voice in.

Originally Posted by Rotsen
Wait a second! I recognize that name :O Is that THE WildOrchid? Number one Judy Álvarez fan. smile If so, nice to see you here.

I haven't posted in this thread (I think I didn't, just lurked) because everything has already been said. But I do hope they fix Karlach and give us an option for a happier ending. So here I am throwing my support/voice in.

Omg lmaooo, yes that's me. shadowheartgiggle Small world huh.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rotsen

Don't worry if what you want to say has already been said, keep the discussion going by all means, it's good to keep this thread healthy!

enthusiast
enthusiast
I wish Gortash was a more cinematic enemy.

Orin was in a necropolis filled with blood and skulls. She made Daddy Khorne very proud.
Ketheric... need I say anything?

Gortash? Upstairs private office. WHAT??

This guy should have been in Throne Room, with soldiers, attendants, supplicants, nobles and servants all around. Maybe some of Karlach's old colleagues should be there for more interaction.
An epic fight with an Astarion like scene for Karlach. She is unloading a decade worth of slavery and pain on this guy.

Because Gortash didn't get what he needed, Karlach's arc seems anticlimactic in my opinion.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Eddiar
I wish Gortash was a more cinematic enemy.

Orin was in a necropolis filled with blood and skulls. She made Daddy Khorne very proud.
Ketheric... need I say anything?

Gortash? Upstairs private office. WHAT??

This guy should have been in Throne Room, with soldiers, attendants, supplicants, nobles and servants all around. Maybe some of Karlach's old colleagues should be there for more interaction.
An epic fight with an Astarion like scene for Karlach. She is unloading a decade worth of slavery and pain on this guy.

Because Gortash didn't get what he needed, Karlach's arc seems anticlimactic in my opinion.

It's like something got cut somewhere along the way...

Originally Posted by Eddiar

I was fully expecting a full on wrecking his shit scene for her, like Astarion and Aylin get, yeah. But I suppose the lack of epicness for him overall involved an anti-climactic death, too. Shame, with all the build up she deserved to stomp the bastard before the futility of it all dawns on her.

Karlach's monologue afterwards really carries the whole scene. And it does so really, really well, but like, come on.

R
R
Originally Posted by Enerif
Don't worry if what you want to say has already been said, keep the discussion going by all means, it's good to keep this thread healthy!

Oh trust me when I say If I went into it I could say/write a lot. Think I made that clear in the Shadowheart/Halsin/Astarion threads. hahaha

But I'll say this in regards to Karlach. Ever since EA I was interested in experiencing her story. (I still remember that theory about her being a paladin/or was it a fallen paladin in the service of an archdevil) Hell my first playthrough/MC went with Karlach only to end up with...well you already know how it ends.

Three things that come to mind at the moment that I would like to see changed or improved: (that aren't the ending/fixing her engine, that one is obvious)

- I might be in the minority here but her use of the word 'motherfucker' kinda takes me out. No one in the whole game uses it and its just sticks out like a sore thumb. Fuck and other expletives she uses are fine.

- Gortash and his whole involvement. I would really like to see this part of her story expanded. I mean Shadowheart gets a whole temple with Viconia and Shar, Astarion gets a mansion/crypt and Karlach gets a hallway that you just walk into. Disappointing to say the least.

- I would like for her personal quest to be fully fleshed out, getting random pieces of iron and talking to Dammon just isn't enough for me. It rather pales in comparison to the other companion quests.

Page 84 of 157 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard