Originally Posted by iloverainbow
Tbh when they announced that there will be some characters that are open to being in a poly relationship, I would never have imagined that Halsin will be one of them. Did he imply anything of sorts in the EA? It could also be we didn't know much about him in EA as well so I don't know.
I guess Larian decided not to change anything in Act 1 since, I think, it was already filled with events and polished. Even though I had a short conversation with him there were no hints about his personal life.
The only reason for him being polygamous/polyamorous is his race. That's it. That's the only explanation I see. He doesn't really fit for this role if you look at what we have now in game. Again, I'm ok with his preferences since it's a racial lore but (again, as many people already said) the writer decided to make Halsin a mix of several... fetishes/non standard sexual preferences (with no strict logic) which ended up badly. If Halsin was only poly, he would have nothing against "relationships', but he also has this " free love/sex/no responsibilities" ideas which, combined with his odd poly scenario, turn him into I don't even know who.