Next Thread
Print Thread
#905987 01/10/23 12:32 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I know there was a hotfix to restore all her dialogue, but ever since I rescued her in Act 2, she has surprisingly little to say. I can ask her about my companions--and that's about it. She doesn't comment on other story beats like the other companions, doesn't seem to have any dialogue interactions with the other characters and is just generally silent. I started a new run specifically to recruit her, but I'm halfway through act 2 and wondering if I need to stop until another fix comes out---unless this is just generally how she plays as a companion (?)

veteran
veteran
I am wondering the same thing. I may have to start a new run after the patch maybe? Did you start your run before or after that patch that fixed her?

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
I would love to get a definitive answer from Larian about this. I've been holding out on a Minthara run just because I heard much of her content was missing.

Now I'm wondering if there was much content to begin with. Or maybe there's still an issue blocking what's there?

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I am wondering the same thing. I may have to start a new run after the patch maybe? Did you start your run before or after that patch that fixed her?

I started the run after the new patch.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Terrikus

I started the run after the new patch.

Hmm, ok yeah I think maybe they meant mostly chatter and occasionally responses to things happening like the other characters do. Minthara sits in the same bucket as halsin, she was never meant to be a companion originally and so doesn't have the same depth of writing that any of the origins or Minsc and jaheira have.

Blackheifer
veteran
veteran
...she was never meant to be a companion originally...

I'm not sure that's true. She was always coded differently. Whenever you looted her corpse (even in the earliest days of early access), her armor disappeared from her body, as it does with a companion, which is to say as it does not with a non-companion.

To my understanding, she was always meant to be a potential companion, at least as far back as we can reasonably look.

veteran
veteran
most of the evil play options is what got cut

yes Larian put a few lines back in but thats not the same as putting all of them back... the real issue is having to data mine means you aren't play testing so its hard to tell what "should" be happening but in general Minthara sees sex as one thing and her heart as another so while one is 'easy' the other takes time wink

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
That's how I see it too !

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
A couple other things I've noticed. While she's a little more chatty in act 3--seemingly innocuous things break her romance.

Ask her to use

Astral-touched tadpole

and she'll act if you cheated on her.

Turn over the githyanki egg in Baldur's gate? For some reason, she also acts like you cheated on her. I have no idea how and why stuff like this is triggering.

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Terrikus
A couple other things I've noticed. While she's a little more chatty in act 3--seemingly innocuous things break her romance.

Ask her to use

Astral-touched tadpole

and she'll act if you cheated on her.

Turn over the githyanki egg in Baldur's gate? For some reason, she also acts like you cheated on her. I have no idea how and why stuff like this is triggering.

Some sort of Drow fettish?

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Even

Becoming a Bhaal Assassin

gets the line "You are bold coming to me after sharing your affections with another."

Is there nothing that won't break this character?

Last edited by Terrikus; 07/10/23 11:59 PM.
stranger
stranger
There is no greater proof of your PC's affections than by you enduring the bugs.

Each time that he slew, Hurin cried: 'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!' Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive.
veteran
veteran
I've reloaded from Wyrm's crossing so many times now. I restarted from Patch 3 with a Durge, and then again after the hotfix with a Gurge.

In either case it seems to bug out after the dream visitation. I tried it with different characters around and the different dialogue responses, accepting, rejecting, having Jaheira to watch over us, not having Jaheira to watch over us etc, all still result in the "You are bold" loop. Private matters still show nothing if you click that option. She's done just about everything there is to do as a sidekick and still weighs in, but there's something still conflicting with her, on the Durge runs at least. I haven't found a way around the Durge dream stuff that seems to bust her. Backtracked pretty much to Rivington restart like half a dozen times. Had to table that run, and return to a Tav till they get it sorted.

I agree with others, that the Minthara bugs have been an endurance fest. My Durge is basically a time traveler now in my head canon, with the special ability "rewind the tape" lol.

Hopefully when they fix her, they can do so in a way that doesn't require going back to the Shadowlands again, cause I've done that so many times already hehe. I'd like to get her through the 3rd Act.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 10/10/23 09:11 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard