Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
S
stranger
stranger
S
So, another update from the bug on my side. As we know, patch #3 fucked us well. In my case, it was after the Ansur fight, I went out and tried to go to Lower City and game crashed. Sadly, I can't go to older saves and have tried almost everything: re-install, deleting cache, re-doing some quest, searching all the dead bodies in Rivington and Wyrm's Crossing, and so on. So far, nothing has worked. This is a +1 for all of us who couldn't get any solution so far.

(I've sent save files to Larian, dump files (after a couple crashes, it doesn't generate any file)).

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yeah im in the exact same position as you are. Im so glad they are as responsive as they are with other issues, but its like theres not enough of us having this issue to warrant addressing it. If they at least acknowledged this issue and said they're working on it, id at least feel better. Ive been searching for the "dead but not dead body" everywhere and i cant find it. I think it happened in an area that after a while, theres only pouches instead of bodies, because ive searched EVERYWHERE. And im reluctant to start another playthrough because im afraid itll happen again.

D
stranger
stranger
D
++++++++++2

R
stranger
stranger
R
Still having the 33% loading crash going into lower city frown all tickets arent being responded to. Its been close to a month of this. So disheartening, as this game is fantastic.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
OK, I've now tracked down one cause of the corrupted NPC data - at least in the Blushing Mermaid. It's fully reproducible. It happens when:

- You have non-lethal damage on
- You knock out an enemy that has an effect that restores HP at the start of its turn - in this case, "Boon of Servitude"

I've sent Larian another - very detailed - bug report with this information, links to this thread, and to the many Reddit threads of people suffering from this bug. Hopefully it finally gets some attention!

R
stranger
stranger
R
Thank you! I cant find the NPC causing my issue, im almost positive its a body that's now a pouch. I havent done house of hope, iron throne, or blushing mermaid yet in my playthrough. Ive searched EVERYWHERE.

K
stranger
stranger
K
By trying out different save files I narrowed mine to House of Grief zone. I can't find any bugged bodies inside and outside ones are already pouches so I bet it was one of them

C
stranger
stranger
C
This bug made me create an account.

So I tried everything in this thread to no avail. We searched for corpses with hp. We tried to swap the savefile (game just crashes violently after 2-3minutes). I tried to change every aspect of my graphic settings.

Things specific to my playthrough:

- We are multiplayer
- only I have the problem and we are 3.
- As far as we can remember the bug started the moment I entered Lower City (crash at the first time entering) but wasnt noticeable afterwards for some time (probably because we played for a while and I had no reason to change areas).
- We didnt do much in Lower City fight wise - the fishmen at the Harbor are dead and Dolor lies dead at the Wine Tasting place. Both happened as far as we remember after I had issues. Everything checked multiple times.
- We tried loading savefiles before we entered Lower City - still crashes for me
- When we swap savefiles everything works fine for me until someone joins
- Only thing we did different in regard to Act 3 is that we tried to fight Gortash before the ceremony (we failed..) so we reloaded and did the Gortash dialogue and then went to Lower City
- We encountered a bug in Rivington with the Amulet and the laughing Monk. We looted the tomb before he could talk to his relative which broke the quest. It was the first thing I was thinking about. We will test if it changes anything.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We played through the game twice already before that so I was in Lower City before that. To me it seems patch 3 made me have this problem because I rarely had crashes before that. I can load savefiles from Act 3 just fine from other playthroughs.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I had to go a few save files back to find the exact point in my issue, but it happened in /during house of hope. I had to kill all the enemies (the rolling fire balls included) and then proceeded to finish the dungeon and quick travel works again smile

N
stranger
stranger
N
I bang one's head against a brick wall for a two weeks for this issue!

I noticed i had similar problems with other games: i discovered one of last Windows 10 update disabled virtual memory with no paging file.

I finally solved the issue in this way:

Open Settings.
Click on System.
Click on About.
Under the "Related settings" section, click the System info option.
Click the "Advanced system settings" option from the left pane.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under the "Performance" section, click the Settings button.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under the "Virtual memory" section, click the Change button.
Enabled "Automatically manage paging files size for all drives" option.
Rebooted PC

Now works like a charm!!!!!!

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by neovan

I noticed i had similar problems with other games: i discovered one of last Windows 10 update disabled virtual memory with no paging file.

Open Settings.
Click on System.
Click on About.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click the Advanced tab.
Rebooted PC

Wow, really?
Too bad I'm playing via GeForce Now, so no real way to test it here ...

M
apprentice
apprentice
M

Open Settings.
Click on System.
Click on About.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click the Advanced tab.
Rebooted PC

I'm extremely skeptical about this one given that PS5 users are experiencing the same bug - so it can't just be a Windows thing. And given the known root cause I can't imagine how changing memory management settings would fix it in any way.

Happy to be corrected if anyone else has success with this - but I seriously doubt we're talking about the same bug here.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yes I’m afraid it’s the same with me. Traced back over my steps and there are a lot of pouches from dead folks. I have been everywhere and there are no bodies matching what others have stated here. Sucks because I want to go back to the prison and do the Ansur quests.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by MojoBeast

Open Settings.
Click on System.
Click on About.
Click the Advanced tab.
Click the Advanced tab.
Rebooted PC

I'm extremely skeptical about this one given that PS5 users are experiencing the same bug - so it can't just be a Windows thing. And given the known root cause I can't imagine how changing memory management settings would fix it in any way.

Happy to be corrected if anyone else has success with this - but I seriously doubt we're talking about the same bug here.

Ai agree with the doubt as it is a bug on steam deck as well (Linux)

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same Situation here for me, on PC, I am in Lower City and can progress the game there, but can't get back to Rivington/Wyrm's Rock. I am hopeful and waiting for a patch fix so in the Meantime I guess I am killing Orin First.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same issue here. Any attempt to return to Rivington gets to 33% and crashes (I'm on PS5.)

I've only done some of the sewer section (haven't fought orin) haven't done ANYTHING in the actual lower city. None of the bodies down there (even checked all the cranium rats) are showing more than 0hp.

Judging from what others have posted, I'm assuming there's an NPC/watcher body somewhere in Rivington that is messing with my save, but I can't actually get back there to do anything about it.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Carbin Monoxide
Same issue here. Any attempt to return to Rivington gets to 33% and crashes (I'm on PS5.)

I've only done some of the sewer section (haven't fought orin) haven't done ANYTHING in the actual lower city. None of the bodies down there (even checked all the cranium rats) are showing more than 0hp.

Judging from what others have posted, I'm assuming there's an NPC/watcher body somewhere in Rivington that is messing with my save, but I can't actually get back there to do anything about it.

Yeah, it'll be a body in Rivington. I think the only thing you can do is to submit a bug report to Larian to add to the weight of people who need this fixed...

P
stranger
stranger
P
i signed up to the forum just for this. i entered the lower city and immediately the game started crashing during loading. i googled the issue and found this thread. read most of it. seems to be that some of you are able to fix it by finding non 0 hp corpses but in my case, i haven't yet killed anyone in lower city. i literally just entered it. what's causing this non-sense. i dont want to have to stop playing and waiting for a fix for god knows how long.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Made an account just to chime in.

Initially, I crashed the first time I entered Lower City. Reloaded, had no problem. I was able to hop between Rivington and Lower City without much issue. When I went to finish the main questline with Gortash, I crashed trying to fast travel from Lower City to Rivington. No worries, I just reloaded and ended up walking through the gate at Basilisk Gate. That worked just fine.

I can't get back to Lower City to continue the story. I am soft-locked out of the rest of the game because I can't fast-travel back to Lower City or even walk through Basilisk Gate again. I was able to reload a previous save where I was already in Lower City just fine. I load to 33% every time and then it stutters and crashes.

As far as I know, I don't have the non-lethal damage bug. I don't really use non-lethal damage toggles except in specific scenarios and I haven't used it at all in either area in Act 3. I've tried every fix I've seen online. I was hoping to finish a full vanilla playthrough before restarting and using mods. That seems unlikely as this bug hasn't been fixed yet. It's been like this since September 29th. There have been two patches and neither have affected the bug. I'd just reload a save and go back to Lower City to at least be able to keep playing that character, but I've finished everything that I can do in Lower City so...I'm just waiting for this to be fixed.

RIP I guess. smile

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by WitchOfRen
As far as I know, I don't have the non-lethal damage bug. I don't really use non-lethal damage toggles except in specific scenarios and I haven't used it at all in either area in Act 3.

It's not a bug with non-lethal damage. Rather, the game restores health to dead enemies. You then need to find the corpse that has >0 health and "kill" it again. As long as the "undead" corpse is there, you'll keep crashing.

Corpses (at least the visual models) get deleted after you've progressed a certain amount in the area, so you might be in a situation where the problem corpse is now invisible, making it impossible to resolve the situation (without reloading an older save).

Hoping they fix this soon as people shouldn't have to go corpse hunting to make the game work. It's a very common bug and it's been 3 weeks since it was introduced.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 11/10/23 05:48 AM.
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard