Originally Posted by Auric
Given her personality around people she thinks are attractive as early as Act 1, removing lines and interactions that again are dynamic based on the individual player, because the origins can be different versions of themselves based on what you choose to do, this kind of "remove content because I think only a specific version of the character should exist" is just wildly against the design paradigm the character development is based on. It is far simpler to just... not do the things you find objectionable as a player, so that the character based on your choices is the one that matches those values. That's why Halsin's interjections are a huge problem, while her reaction about Mizora is... honestly totally fine.
Which personality around people she considers attractive. The moments where she does some flirting with Karlach, or the moments where she's embarrassed about being attracted to PC, giving you a more wholesome dialogue option that gives approval compared to the straightforward dialogue option that just says "lol lets fuck" which.. does not. She also never does anything. Astarion and Lae'zel will fuck around if you don't romance them (implied to happen more than once, even), Wyll will have a cute chat with Lae'zel to her disappointment, Gale and Shadowheart do nothing and Karlach can't.

Originally Posted by Auric
I think some people may be reading the Mizora reaction wrong, honestly. It's not an excuse, and it if we wanna get into it, it actually does fit with Shar's training*. She's saying she understands your indulgence because she was trained to do the same, but still chastising you for pulling shit behind her back because you're supposed to be in a more serious relationship than that. It's a very forgiving stance yes, but definitely not the cheap excuse for her poly dynamic (or if I'm reading the posts wrong, whatever it's being called an excuse for) some are making it out to be.

*Like yes Shar wants everyone to be obedient and devoted to her above all but the gods mostly aren't able to take direct control over their subjects/worshippers like the Illithid can. To get entire communities, even brainwashed, to reject serious attachments and still be effective there's gotta be a lifestyle to support that. From Shar's perspective it's probably along the lines of sure, have casual sex, in fact do it as much as you feel like you need to as long as at the end of the day, you know when to stop and serve.
With the exception of the Mizora dialogue, it is never stated that that is how it is. It is stated multiple times that Shar doesn't want you to be distracted and that they therefore needed to find excuses or do it secretly just to have intimate moments with others, including throughout her entire Sharran act 3 story arc, which I admit isn't much because act 3 is shite, but it's more than a single optional dialogue that happens while she's out of character. There is also absolutely nothing in the House of Grief itself that hints at this being the case either, while there are memories she regains about torturing and infiltration lessons. Meanwhile her relationship with Nocturne is implied to have been entirely platonic. You think if it were encouraged, she wouldn't have a more vivid history with the one person she liked there? It's contradictory no matter how you put it, but at least if the game gave more hints at both then you could argue that it just depends on what she remembers. It doesn't.

I call the entire interaction out of character because so much as kissing Wyll makes her disappointed, and she forces you to choose on the spot. Or even just laying next to Karlach at night, where nothing actually happens. But the only thing she's upset about (if you can even call it that) regarding Mizora is that you didn't ask first. She doesn't even get angry if you tell her you'll do what you want. Absolutely none of the dialogue choices piss her off in the slightest. Why, then, can't you ask her about having an open/poly relationship with Karlach? Or any other origin companion, if she's suddenly fine with an open relationship now while she very clearly wasn't before? Again, if there were more hints than just this one interaction (and the Halsin shitshow), then it'd be more believable. But everything else hints at it not being the case, dating all the way back to act 1.

And I do not AT ALL buy the fact she didn't expect you to stay faithful. She spited her goddess, her only support at the time, just to devote herself fully to someone she apparently didn't even expect to be faithful?

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 11/10/23 01:29 PM.