Originally Posted by Backinstyle
[quote=sezz]
She could have lightly flirted with him, like the others, before act 3 but she was too busy hating him in act 2. I wouldn't have cared much if she had flirted before tbh, as its clearly just for fun. But the timing in act 3, the way it involves a highly intimate moment between the two of you, just makes it awkward. They definitely need to get rid if that banter, as it just doesn't fit with the times.

You could read it as an enemies to lovers trope, but it isn't very well written and fleshed out in that case. How and when did that happen? (in the context of Tav also romancing Halsin I could see how Tav's influence might have brought them closer, but when Tav isn't interested in Halsin, when?, how?)

The banter could be meant to fit both exclusive and poly romance Shadowheart. With exclusive romance Shadowheart it might be supposed to be interpreted as that she is just joking with him (yeah, you would like that you horny furball, wouldn't you?), and with poly romance Shadowheart she is flirting with him. But it missed the mark with how most people would interpret it, especially in the context of the drow scene (yes, I would interpret it as flirting in both cases as well, just suggesting an alternative intention behind it).

Last edited by papercut_ninja; 11/10/23 08:26 PM.