Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 83 of 157 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 156 157
G
stranger
stranger
G
I tried other playthroughs, but as soon as i come near Act 3, i just dont care anymore. I dont want to hear her hearthbreaking speech anymore, because i know now...that i CANT do anything.
Just nodding, and thats it.
Started some MP runs with friends, those will take months to even get to the end of act 2, so thats...something

Originally Posted by Enerif
In order:
-Get to download that shit
-Post here and everywhere else to make sure everyone knows
-Go make a coffee
-Have a meltdown
-Shakily get back to my pc and make the same exact tav I always make
-Replay everything thoroughly like a madman down to every last minute detail
-Get to crying (of happiness one would hope)
-Get a shirt that says I love my girlfriend with the goofiest karlach face I can find
-Get a Karlach tatt
-Finally sleep like life matters again

Oh wow, sounds like something I'd do too.

Newbie here and I'm sad about Karlach.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
That speech is BAFTA-worthy, in terms of delivery and emotional trauma delivered to the players. But it's also so effin tragic, because this isn't TWD, it isn't TLoU or any other game set in a realistic world with realistic consequences. It's a world where dragons walk among people, where gods fiddle with mortals' issues big or small, where magic is a norm and where death is nowhere near the end of the journey. It's heartbreaking because she's survived a decade of loneliness, of physical deprivation, of emotional and physical trauma, of mutilation and slavery; all whilst losing her parents, whom she wished a better life when working for Gortash. It makes me so URGH so mad because that speech is seriously the best most deep of any of the game, and there's lots to compare it to, but I really want to be able to give her everything she deserves.

Because she didn't deserve any of it. She didn't do anything wrong. She wronged no gods, she ill-willed nobody. She's an actual angel in a body made to resemble a devil and she goes against the current of everything anyone could think for her. She deserves to live, she deserves our try. AND GODS BE DAMNED WE'LL GET IT!

F
Banned
Banned
F
If by some divine intervention anything will ever be added, likely new save because old one won't work anymore

D
stranger
stranger
D
Im willing to sacrifice all of my saves and start from zero if that would give us a happy ending for karlach.

#JusticeforKarlach

Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
That speech is BAFTA-worthy, in terms of delivery and emotional trauma delivered to the players. But it's also so effin tragic, because this isn't TWD, it isn't TLoU or any other game set in a realistic world with realistic consequences. It's a world where dragons walk among people, where gods fiddle with mortals' issues big or small, where magic is a norm and where death is nowhere near the end of the journey. It's heartbreaking because she's survived a decade of loneliness, of physical deprivation, of emotional and physical trauma, of mutilation and slavery; all whilst losing her parents, whom she wished a better life when working for Gortash. It makes me so URGH so mad because that speech is seriously the best most deep of any of the game, and there's lots to compare it to, but I really want to be able to give her everything she deserves.

Because she didn't deserve any of it. She didn't do anything wrong. She wronged no gods, she ill-willed nobody. She's an actual angel in a body made to resemble a devil and she goes against the current of everything anyone could think for her. She deserves to live, she deserves our try. AND GODS BE DAMNED WE'LL GET IT!

Amen!

A Karlach playlist by Samantha herself just dropped, shared for those of us who do not dwell on Twitter much wink

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
It's crazy to think she dropped it today as I've been working on my own playlist to draw to. Sam posting hers made me push the final few songs in so here's my little tribute to all fellow Karlach lovers and friends here and on Discord that I've met thanks to this amazing character (*cough* and her fate *cough*)

https://spotify.link/mTl0Er4zMDb

stranger
stranger
I'm in the camp of "the game is unplayable while Karlach is unfixable." I think it'll be a long enough time before we get a good ending (if we do) that I'll completely start over and it'll be like a new experience, so my plan is to start from the nautiloid again.

And then I can finally do all the other runs I wanted to do, too! I'd love to also romance the other characters to see all their content, but I can't while Karlach has her current ending choices. It's like... you want me to play a game where her endings suck AND no one is in love with her?? Pass.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Preach

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
It is completely valid to not finish a game because you disagree with the ending/s, btw. People walk out of theaters, people leave TV series mid-season, people put books down before the last pages. While the devs do have all the right to treat their story as they like, the consumer has the power not to consume said product.

So if you don't want to finish the game while Karlach's endings are as they are, it's all fine. I did that too.

Oh, and it is completely okay to voice your disagreement as well. It's up to the devs now to do what they want with that information.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I agree with you, I have a few saves going and all pause sometime in early Act 3. I wont finish them until I know what can be done and changed by the devs, so we just gotta put our heads together and keep the fire burning and hope they respond like they've been doing thus far.

R
Rae Offline
R
Yeah same here. I'm in my second playthrough in Act2 playing as slowly as possible.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I'm nearing Act 3 on my third playthrough and already feeling icky in my stomach. I've watched some videos of Origin Karlach romances with other Origins and it's safe to say it wrecked me all over again.

It feels so off, for her to have to die. All she wants is to live and she's scared and heartbroken over how quickly her life is about to end, and there's literally cats with wings, cheese-eating elder wizards and space people riding dragons in this world.

Like how??? Is this meant to make sense???
And everywhere you look there's people going "oh but she's supposed to be a tragic character hoo, she's terminal and death doesn't discriminate between the good and the bad haa"

As a occasional GM it just ticks me off so hard. I don't even wanna know the amount of time it'll take to implement a better questline into all the variations of the game. Even with a veey very late act 3 solution, she'd need dialogue with all other Origin VA's and whoever else, so all hands on deck again. Plus mocap. Plus writing and all the rest.

I'mnot saying it's impossible. I firmly believe in Larian wanting to do good by their players and this being top requested feedback. But I also think we won't see it til next year.

Originally Posted by Wargbane
I'm nearing Act 3 on my third playthrough and already feeling icky in my stomach. I've watched some videos of Origin Karlach romances with other Origins and it's safe to say it wrecked me all over again.

It feels so off, for her to have to die. All she wants is to live and she's scared and heartbroken over how quickly her life is about to end, and there's literally cats with wings, cheese-eating elder wizards and space people riding dragons in this world.

Like how??? Is this meant to make sense???
And everywhere you look there's people going "oh but she's supposed to be a tragic character hoo, she's terminal and death doesn't discriminate between the good and the bad haa"

As a occasional GM it just ticks me off so hard. I don't even wanna know the amount of time it'll take to implement a better questline into all the variations of the game. Even with a veey very late act 3 solution, she'd need dialogue with all other Origin VA's and whoever else, so all hands on deck again. Plus mocap. Plus writing and all the rest.

I'mnot saying it's impossible. I firmly believe in Larian wanting to do good by their players and this being top requested feedback. But I also think we won't see it til next year.

When Swen said that they're bringing all the voice actors back, I imagine they'll be recording lines for a wide manner of things at the same time, including a potential extension of Karlach's quest.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Felt like sharing this clip of endgame dialogue. My understanding of the scene is if you choose Karlach as your origin character and romance Minthara (strange moral combo what with how normally it's one or the other but very fun nonetheless), and after the final battle you talk about what's next. As someone who very much shares Minthara's sentiment, it's REALLY well delivered.

Originally Posted by rdslatez
Felt like sharing this clip of endgame dialogue. My understanding of the scene is if you choose Karlach as your origin character and romance Minthara (strange moral combo what with how normally it's one or the other but very fun nonetheless), and after the final battle you talk about what's next. As someone who very much shares Minthara's sentiment, it's REALLY well delivered.

Minthara is basically all of us. Such a strong scene, love it.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Even if it isnt til next year ( im of the same mind ) im more then happy to wait. I think if we get what i hope- Which is uppercity or avernus section or both added. And karlach questline revamped or atleast beefed up and a few extra companion interactions romance or otherwise. Then i doubt it will be ANY sooner then a De or game of the year edition. And you know what? Im F@#king DOWN fir it. The wait would all be worth it for that. If they need to charge a dlc style price tag aswell then ill pay it. Id rather not cause i feel what i listed is whats needed to fully complete* the current state if the game. And give us an ADDED dlc after. But ill do it Larian ! Just let me save her!

#JusticeforKarlach

F
Banned
Banned
F
They already did that before or somewhere around patch 2, unless they're planning on doing that second time, or maybe even more, it's an old news because we know it didn't change anything.

Originally Posted by Norrec69
Even if it isnt til next year ( im of the same mind ) im more then happy to wait. I think if we get what i hope- Which is uppercity or avernus section or both added. And karlach questline revamped or atleast beefed up and a few extra companion interactions romance or otherwise. Then i doubt it will be ANY sooner then a De or game of the year edition. And you know what? Im F@#king DOWN fir it. The wait would all be worth it for that. If they need to charge a dlc style price tag aswell then ill pay it. Id rather not cause i feel what i listed is whats needed to fully complete* the current state if the game. And give us an ADDED dlc after. But ill do it Larian ! Just let me save her!

#JusticeforKarlach
Then pray you won't end up with bullshit like Phantom Liberty aka the prime example why we should never hope for DLCs that expand main story

Last edited by Feris; 11/10/23 07:53 PM.
R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by rdslatez

Wow, I never saw this cutscene. This is really emotional. That's how love cutscene should looks like. Not like Karlachs monolog in Avernus when romanicing Tav, where I feel like they are strangers who barely know each other.

Page 83 of 157 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard