Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Originally Posted by fylimar
Or have SH a whitty reply like she had with Wyll - that would make sense, especially seeing, how she and Halsin didn't really got along in act 2. He had become a Mary Sue: suddenly everybody loves him. Astarion should not like him, neither should Lae'zel or Shadowheart, Karlach, Wyll and Gale should be on good terms with him and probably Jaheira, since they were old working buddies.
Yeah, she could say she'd rather go make sand castles with you alone if you chose that dialogue option. Or if you chose the other one, she can just say she needs your full attention so she can properly learn to swim. Or just have him not ask that creepy ass question in the first place, because it sets a horrible precedent for his character regardless of how witty Shadowheart's reply is.

In addition, remove his self inserting during the drow scene entirely and the Halsin situation for Shadowheart is partially solved already. At least the unavoidable part, the rest needs work but isn't as high priority. Rather have them work on making Halsin an actual romance companion first, not just a one time meme with no consequences.

I luckily never got the drow scene, since I'm not interested in that kind of content. I think, I asked the drows something quest related (I was searching for the flying elephant or something like that), if it was even the same drow, I don't remember. But my little halfing girl has only eyes for Shadowheart, she is a romantic. And Halsin wasn't even in the group - by that time I didn't know, how creepy he was, but he simply has nothing to bring to the table in act 3. Jaheira on the other hand had her next quest right on the other side of the SHaress Caress, so that was a no brainer.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who