Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 55 of 93 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 92 93
apprentice
apprentice
There was brothel scene in DAO too. I guess Larian got inspired by it. Thought it was cringe too, at least Zevran knew Isabella before. Ihmo Halsin strange combination of Zevran, Iron Bull and Oghren. Older Zevran with Iron Bull body and mind of Oghren.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Thanks everyone for the upvotes, it's much appreciated! I have no idea how effective discord will be compared to the direct approach to Larian, but I figure the more the merrier. Maybe the more we annoy them, they'll actually do something about it... who knows lol

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Netav
To be honest, if he hit only on SH and she responded the way she did, I wouldve been way more mad. This way I can at least "take a shot" myself for her.

No, for me it is specifically the level of creepiness, that he ignored my No. I mean he shouldn't hit on someone in a relationship anyway, but especially not, if he already got a No from one part of that relationship.
I mean, I like Shadowheart and loved her romance and I know, that should I romance her again, Halsin will not be in the team (he probably will never be in the team anymore)

Last edited by fylimar; 12/10/23 06:35 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
...... Halsin is a mix between Solas and Oghren... yikes!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Cowoline
...... Halsin is a mix between Solas and Oghren... yikes!

Yes, plus a bit of Skadge for good measure.

Doctor Who
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by fylimar
To be honest, if he hit only on SH and she responded the way she did, I wouldve been way more mad. This way I can at least "take a shot" myself for her.

No, for me it is specifically the level of creepiness, that he ignored my No. I mean he shouldn't hit on someone in a relationship anyway, but especially not, if he already got a No from one part of that relationship.
I agree. If they, lets say, reworked this banter to hit only on SH(without MC), I would be way more mad. I just want this banter be removed if you are not in active romance with Halsin and SH.

Originally Posted by sezz
There was brothel scene in DAO too. I guess Larian got inspired by it. Thought it was cringe too, at least Zevran knew Isabella before. Ihmo Halsin strange combination of Zevran, Iron Bull and Oghren. Older Zevran with Iron Bull body and mind of Oghren.
Well, I disagree, he's not that stupid as Oghren.
In Act 3 it is a mix of Zevran and Isabela (mostly Isabela, because Isabela says "That's it? What about sex?" in DA2). Even Zevran is not that lusty. There is a scene in clinic of Anders where you meet Isabela and Anders says something... I don't really remember what but it was obvious there was something about infections. I cannot find this scene on YouTube, so I don't want to lie, but there was something like that. And also her banters with Aveline about her sexual life with husband, etc. I don't like her.

veteran
veteran

I agree. If they, lets say, reworked this banter to hit only on SH(without MC), I would be way more mad. I just want this banter be removed if you are not in active romance with Halsin and SH.

Or have SH a whitty reply like she had with Wyll - that would make sense, especially seeing, how she and Halsin didn't really got along in act 2. He had become a Mary Sue: suddenly everybody loves him. Astarion should not like him, neither should Lae'zel or Shadowheart, Karlach, Wyll and Gale should be on good terms with him and probably Jaheira, since they were old working buddies.

Doctor Who
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Noelle666
In Act 3 it is a mix of Zevran and Isabela (mostly Isabela, because Isabela says "That's it? What about sex?" in DA2). Even Zevran is not that lusty. There is a scene in clinic of Anders where you meet Isabela and Anders says something... I don't really remember what but it was obvious there was something about infections. I cannot find this scene on YouTube, so I don't want to lie, but there was something like that. And also her banters with Aveline about her sexual life with husband, etc. I don't like her.

I think Halsin is mixed with Iron Bull and Solas, Oghren seems a bit of a reach for me. And I only remember Isabela mentioning Anders using lightning magic at the brothel.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Or have SH a whitty reply like she had with Wyll - that would make sense, especially seeing, how she and Halsin didn't really got along in act 2. He had become a Mary Sue: suddenly everybody loves him. Astarion should not like him, neither should Lae'zel or Shadowheart, Karlach, Wyll and Gale should be on good terms with him and probably Jaheira, since they were old working buddies.

If I remember correctly Halsin said hes never actually met Jaheira, just that they were both on the front lines when fighting Ketheric Thorm, on opposite ends of the battle field.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Noelle666

No, Isabela and Zevran are much more wholesome and healthy - they are both sexual active, but they do commit fully, if you romance them. There is nothing about this level of toxicity. Yes, you have the brothrel scene, but you have to initiate it - I had never anything about that in my games.

Doctor Who
N
addict
addict
N
I would like this the most obviously.
Edit: Was talking about whitty reply obviously.

Last edited by Netav; 12/10/23 07:06 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I would like this the most obviously.
I guess none of them should like Halsin, since he told that Underdark is an easy way to Moonrise Towers.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Yeah, she could say she'd rather go make sand castles with you alone if you chose that dialogue option. Or if you chose the other one, she can just say she needs your full attention so she can properly learn to swim. Or just have him not ask that creepy ass question in the first place, because it sets a horrible precedent for his character regardless of how witty Shadowheart's reply is.

In addition, remove his self inserting during the drow scene entirely and the Halsin situation for Shadowheart is partially solved already. At least the unavoidable part, the rest needs work but isn't as high priority. Rather have them work on making Halsin an actual romance companion first, not just a one time meme with no consequences.

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 12/10/23 07:14 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Yeah, she could say she'd rather go make sand castles with you alone if you chose that dialogue option. Or if you chose the other one, she can just say she needs your full attention so she can properly learn to swim.

Remove his self inserting during the drow scene entirely and the Halsin situation for Shadowheart is partially solved already. At least the unavoidable part, the rest needs work but isn't as high priority. Rather have them work on making Halsin an actual romance companion first, not just a one time meme with no consequences.
There was a suggestion to add extra dialogue option at drow scene with halsin/sh which I found funny. Something like add the dialogue option after Halsin's phrase about nature's gifts : 1.Go for SH 2.Go for Halsin 3.Go for drows. I guess not everyone is into writer's certain fetish...

Last edited by Netav; 12/10/23 07:32 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
This should be caught during review process. Idk how no one saw it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Yeah, she could say she'd rather go make sand castles with you alone if you chose that dialogue option. Or if you chose the other one, she can just say she needs your full attention so she can properly learn to swim. Or just have him not ask that creepy ass question in the first place, because it sets a horrible precedent for his character regardless of how witty Shadowheart's reply is.

In addition, remove his self inserting during the drow scene entirely and the Halsin situation for Shadowheart is partially solved already. At least the unavoidable part, the rest needs work but isn't as high priority. Rather have them work on making Halsin an actual romance companion first, not just a one time meme with no consequences.

I luckily never got the drow scene, since I'm not interested in that kind of content. I think, I asked the drows something quest related (I was searching for the flying elephant or something like that), if it was even the same drow, I don't remember. But my little halfing girl has only eyes for Shadowheart, she is a romantic. And Halsin wasn't even in the group - by that time I didn't know, how creepy he was, but he simply has nothing to bring to the table in act 3. Jaheira on the other hand had her next quest right on the other side of the SHaress Caress, so that was a no brainer.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Sheesh, I come home from work and you folks have set the thread on fire... hahaha

If they, lets say, reworked this banter to hit only on SH(without MC), I would be way more mad.

Wait, so... you think it would be worse if Halsin was very clear about respecting the MC's "No" and only asked about something with SH alone? Like, if the Halsin scene at camp was sort of reversed, so he initially approached SH instead of you and asked her to go talk to you about it, which resulted in a conversation where you could express your lack-of-okayness - that would be horrible?

Its almost if she treats Halsin no more than a casual sex thing for a player(or both).

Well, yes. That's how almost the whole game starts treating Halsin in Act III.

Last edited by Tarlonniel; 13/10/23 12:01 AM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Sheesh, I come home from work and you folks have set the thread on fire... hahaha

If they, lets say, reworked this banter to hit only on SH(without MC), I would be way more mad.

Wait, so... you think it would be worse if Halsin was very clear about respecting the MC's "No" and only asked about something with SH alone? Like, if the Halsin scene at camp was sort of reversed, so he initially approached SH instead of you and asked her to go talk to you about it, which resulted in a conversation where you could express your lack-of-okayness - that would be horrible?
Not that person, but yes. I can headcanon a lot of stuff away about her interactions with Halsin and how you can go an entire playthrough without her even mentioning him but this would absolutely ruin her romance for me in an irredeemable way.

old hand
old hand
Ah, if it's a matter of not being able to ignore/headcanon things away as easily, I get that. Has no one made a "mute Halsin" mod yet? I feel like there's demand for one. Maybe a "Pre-emptively reject unwelcome advances" mod which could also have toggles for the Emperor and Mizora...

Page 55 of 93 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard