Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 93 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 92 93
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by sezz
This is how dialog worked in DA2 and DAI. Companions would flirt with each other or even more only if they were not romanced by a player. This is not a new thing but somehow bg3 doesn't have it properly implemented.
I'm not against flirt between companions lol, I just despise Halsin/SH flirt banter(the way it plays out right now if you solo romance her). They just need to make it play if you romance both or rework it so she doesn't have her current response.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I have an answer for you: "Cause Reddit memes!"

stranger
stranger
Now the rose tinted glasses have come off, I see all the flaws Halsin has besides the overly sexual behaviour and issues pertaining to his romance. I'm on my 2nd playthrough, romancing Gale (so sorry for ever doubting you, Gale) and now, when the focus is not on Halsin or me eagerly awaiting his romance to finally come into play, I see what all the other players were talking about who didn't romance him.

He's really just an elaborate camp decoration. He's just... there. No new dialogue. Nothing to say, except during the Thaniel quest and the end of Act 2. We've been over this many times by now. I see why people were saying stuff like, "how did you even get the idea that Halsin is [adjective]?" and I see it now!
My poor little brain was fed so little content that I made up my own private Halsin. And then reality hit me and it was really shit. There's other gripes I have with this game that are bigger, so I'm glad that I can just ignore Halsin during my 2nd playthrough.

Still don't know why Larian hasn't addressed this at all by now. Seems odd.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Yatugul
Still don't know why Larian hasn't addressed this at all by now. Seems odd.
If they do decide to address feedback, and I hope they do!, it will take some time to record new lines, etc. Fingers crossed!!!

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Sheesh, I come home from work and you folks have set the thread on fire... hahaha
approvegauntlet

Last edited by Icelyn; 13/10/23 03:21 PM.
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
Im sure Halsin's VA would be happy to record new lines if he was asked.
Oh, I'm sure Dave would like to work with Halsin more.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
As far as I know all the VA have been called back in to do voice work. As far as feedback goes Halsin is the companion with the most issues as it encompasses everything.

- his level of involvement
- his romance
- his amount of content
- his lack of people using him
- his inappropriate behaviour
- his poorly handled trauma
- poor implimentation of poly and RA

I love Halsin so much, but basically there is not a single part of his character that is an actual success despite him being added as player feedback. Most people either don't care, ignore him, find him creepy or are dissappointed with the end result. From what is seen, a very small procentage is actually happy with his implementation. And those people usually argue about things they seem to have limited knowledge of or tru to justify toxic behaviour.

Originally Posted by Cowoline
As far as I know all the VA have been called back in to do voice work. As far as feedback goes Halsin is the companion with the most issues as it encompasses everything.

- his romance
- his amount of content

I love Halsin so much, but basically there is not a single part of his character that is an actual success despite him being added as player feedback. Most people either don't care, ignore him, find him creepy or are dissappointed with the end result. From what is seen, a very small procentage is actually happy with his implementation. And those people usually argue about things they seem to have limited knowledge of or tru to justify toxic behaviour.
If Larian really listen to players then... Ooooh, I'm hoping for the best. (please, Larian, please!)

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

- his romance
- his amount of content

As much as I want this Im also a bit apprehensive. I hope they make use the good stuff thats already there, thats what made us so sad after act 2 and its what made us all love him in the first place.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
In truth ity could be anything. And with Halsin I am only expecting very minor adjustments.

N
addict
addict
N
In truth ity could be anything. And with Halsin I am only expecting very minor adjustments.
Probably endings for now.
I'm not complaining though, I want my sweet farm Shadowheart epilogue.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Endings, hugs, more platonic and romance companion content in act 3 and some in act 2 to fill the gaps (and for Halsin, act 1 already tbh., Minthara gets it too). One can only hope.

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Endings, hugs, more platonic and romance companion content in act 3 and some in act 2 to fill the gaps (and for Halsin, act 1 already tbh., Minthara gets it too). One can only hope.
The lack of hug option in act 3 Shadowheart post House of Grief scene is criminal tbh, especially when she is romanced.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I have found an upside to Halsin being messed up: I am learning a LOT about trauma, trauma responses and more. I have made analysis enough to soon take a degree (kidding!)

Not going to spam here, but if anyone wants to learn what I have research and discovered about his hypersexuality: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=910404#Post910404

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
That's a very well done post Cowoline. It explains a lot of what Halsin seems to be going through. I just wonder why Larian couldn't do this research themselves or hire an expert like a psychologist or something? They could have avoided all this backlash.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Just saying, they probably need to remove the flirting banter between romanced Shadowheart and unromanced Halsin. I dunno if it's a bug or not but if it isn't, I don't know how to feel about that at all. Actually, you know what? I do hate it. Like if you play completely monogamous without Halsin in your party (which is what I did), your character would live without knowing that Shadowheart secretly wants to get into Halsin's pants and you're not enough to completely physically satisfy her. Some say ignorance is bliss, me personally, I don't think so. Like damn this sucks, I feel so played right now.

Last edited by Ehhhh123; 13/10/23 07:33 PM.
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Thank you! <3 Honestly, all it would have taken for the writer was to actually spend 30 minutes on google, YouTube and chatGPT. That would still have been a better result than this toxic nightmare.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I know the feeling. I romanced Halsin assuming he was in love with my character. Turns out, Halsin just needed someone to warm his bedroll until he had something better to do.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
The fact that Shadowheart could ever/even like the derpy fool that is Halsin... it is questionable...

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Same writer too

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Both SH and Halsin were retconned in act 3, or at least parts of it, to try and make the polyamory/group sex fit. What we got instead was just shallow and nonsensical.

In the SH thread, we've spent days analyzing SH's behaviors and dialogue to see if polyamory fits her in Act 3 and everything points to her wanting a monogamous relationship with the player only, without casual sex. Add on the fact that if you aren't romancing her, she shows no interest in Halsin at all, nor him with her. Plus she like hates him at the end of act 2 lol So no I don't think she is interested in him, canonically anyway. That's why the banter sticks out like a sore thumb because that isn't an optional side thing and is OOC. I don't see any other companion offering to join in with SH/Tav, because that would be weird (if you're in a monogamous relationship with SH)

And then there's Halsin, who becomes an entirely different person in like all of act 3.

I wish they would have put more thought and care into all of this, because it really shows. Seems like this game needed like 6 more months in the oven tbh.

Last edited by Backinstyle; 13/10/23 08:44 PM.
Page 57 of 93 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard