stranger
stranger
P
Day 10, give it up for day 10 of being unable to play bg3 frown

C
stranger
stranger
C
I am trying for days now with no solution. Its pretty frustrating honestly. Its only Lower City. Meanwhile other saves work just fine. I have to stay in the sewers now like a comic book villain.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I'm starting to wonder about more creative ways of getting Larian's attention because we've had exactly one response to this across everyone who's reported it, and that was to say they thought it was a mod issue - which, very obviously, it isn't.

What do we do? Tweet at the devs? Start sending this to tech journalists?

Any ideas?

P
stranger
stranger
P
definitely tweet under everything they share. this is stupid at this point. all we're asking for is acknowledgement. it's not much.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi! First post over here!

Same issue with our party (3 players, me as host), one of my friends is having the same issue in Lower City, we finished on Rivington and just swap zone to Lower City, since this moment, he is getting constant crashes and T-Pose bug being totally unavailable to play, we didnt fight much and we are getting the same issue. We even check "Dead not dead corpses" but nothing, tried to load previous file but same error, we tried to do Long Rest just in case game have to cleanse corpses or something but nothing changed. We are stuck for now because my friend can't load the game anymore, we've been loading the whole afternoon and nothing, at this point is not a bug it's a generalized problem and its been since last patch anyways, my friend will try to unninstall and reinstall tomorrow but...

Hope all these reach Larian as soon as posible, its so sad that a game with a high chance of getting a GOTY will lose like this all its options...

EDIT: Workaround in page 10.

Last edited by michu_zh; 13/10/23 09:24 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
???????bug???
?????????????????????????????????bug?????????????????/?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??bug????????????????????????????NPC???.???????????????????????hp??????????????npc????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????npc?????????????????npc????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????npc???????????????????????npc??????????????????????

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by dyx95
???????bug???
?????????????????????????????????bug?????????????????/?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??bug????????????????????????????NPC???.???????????????????????hp??????????????npc????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????npc?????????????????npc????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????npc???????????????????????npc??????????????????????

this is not the case for everybody. i had just entered the lower city when the loading crashes started. so i can safely say that i didn't kill anybody there. and i checked the npc's i killed in the wrym's crossing map. there's none with the above 0 hp.

X
stranger
stranger
X
I am currently encountering the same challenges in act 3 following the Ansur battle and the destruction of the Flaming Fist Foundry. Regrettably, I am uncertain of the precise location or circumstances that trigger this issue. It is disheartening to consider the possibility of having to restart the game after investing approximately 120 hours.

I have attempted various widely recommended solutions such as disconnecting from the internet and adjusting the quality settings, particularly the frame rate. Additionally, I came across a suggestion on YouTube regarding modifying the buffering settings, which I have yet to try.

Ideally, a forthcoming patch will address this issue in the near future. However, this bug may dissuade potential gamers from making a purchase.

It is certainly a cliffhanger.

Considering the context, it is important to acknowledge that Baulder's Gate 3 is a huge game. The team behind its development, including the skilled individuals in areas such as artistry, voice acting, and marketing, deserves recognition for their considerable effort. Especially with such a viral fanbase.

I'm curious which projects are receiving the highest level of attention on the Larian Development Team's list of tasks as we wait. Hopefully, we will receive further information and more regular updates soon.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Day 11, give it up for day 11

K
stranger
stranger
K
Got this bug spent 2 days to find the undead corpse but all became pouch or 0 hp .

Havent do Foundry or Blushing Mermaid …. What to do now i dont wanna redo entire Tactician mode run

Crash when i go back wyrms’s rock from lower city trying to
Kill Gortash left

Last edited by Kuronishi; 12/10/23 09:31 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????npc????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????bug??????npc????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

C
stranger
stranger
C
I've been playing a pre Act 3 save to try and replicate this bug and in my testing it seems that the watcher fight on the bridge in Rivington is the problem, at least for me (PS5). The self destruct move is really janky. The fight in general around that area had a lot of visual bugs (NPC's flickering/teleporting, just generally glitching out) and just felt like the console was struggling to process everything going on.

I snuck past instead, activated the fast travel point and this seemed to work. I know a lot of people have issues getting into the Lower City after leaving, but as for Rivington, that fight seemed to be the main culprit, at least in my experience.

Hope that helps people that are going back to an earlier save. Unfortunately, my Dark Urge/tactician save is still a no go until this bug gets fixed.

Last edited by Carbin Monoxide; 12/10/23 12:35 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Carbin Monoxide
I've been playing a pre Act 3 save to try and replicate this bug and in my testing it seems that the watcher fight on the bridge in Rivington is the problem, at least for me (PS5). The self destruct move is really janky. The fight in general around that area had a lot of visual bugs (NPC's flickering/teleporting, just generally glitching out) and just felt like the console was struggling to process everything going on.

I snuck past instead, activated the fast travel point and this seemed to work. I know a lot of people have issues getting into the Lower City after leaving, but as for Rivington, that fight seemed to be the main culprit, at least in my experience.

Hope that helps people that are going back to an earlier save. Unfortunately, my Dark Urge/tactician save is still a no go until this bug gets fixed.

this is also not it in my case. i didn't kill that steel watcher or any of the guards there. some goblins threw a rock at the steel watcher then ran away. i was able to just waltz in after that.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Just as many other users i created account because of this crash problem. Already got 135 hours in game, killed Gortash and cant go back to Lower City. Damn. Cant find any bodies with non zero hp, looked everywhere.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I'm having a similar crash at 33%, except it happened in act 2 and not 3. I am stuck in mountain pass and I cannot travel to another region, if loading is required it's over. I've tried to go back to older saves but as it looks, all of my act 2 saves are corrupted. I haven't had the courage to look through the act 1 saves as I'd need a few hours to progress again to act 2 and witness if yes or no, these ones are corrupted as well. I'm frustrated enough with the idea of losing nearly 90h of gameplay, I cannot imagine what it feels for those of you who are well into act 3, with +100h ingame.

Let's pray we're getting answers to our tickets soon. frown

Last edited by Bordesius; 12/10/23 07:50 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Adding to this list of people who have created accounts to weigh in -

In my case, I'm playing multiplayer. My characters (and/or machine) seem fine, but the other player crashes every 2-3 minutes in the lower city. Completely unplayable for us so we've given up for now frown

Sometimes, when the second player loads, they also get a weird bug where only the terrain is visible (characters and minimap are not), but the game is still running and they can move around. Not sure if that's separate or related, but seems to only happen on our lower city saves. They're on a Mac M1 for what its worth.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Also adding to this. Im sooooo annoyed. How can this not be yet fixed since the problem started happening since 24th September?????

I'm on my first play through and i can't progress or finish because of this 33% Lower City Crash on PS5. 200hrs+ in and its now unplayable. I too had to go to Starfield, but im so angry at this. I paid the full premium price for early access and now it doesnt work. Its a game breaking defect. I want a full refund by Larian. There was nothing defective about my $$$ paid to Larian. Has anyone been able to get a refund?

BTW, I also went dead NPC searching. Found a 7/100 dead NPC (One of the 3 masked emenies with the Captain) in the Hag's lair at the Mermaid. The game doesnt allow you to reduce this stupid dead NPC it down to Zero health, or store it at camp, or to get rid of it entirely, if this is whats causing the issue. I'm also furious that i had to go dead NPC searching to try to fix this. Even fininding it, it didn't work. This is entirely BS.

Gaming is supposed to be fun. This is just rubbish and bitterly disappointing. Agian, 3 weeks and counting....

I want a full refund....

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I can't believe this is STILL an issue, even with so much information gathered by the community and served to Larian tech support on a silver platter.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Add me to the pile, I guess.

If the going theory is that this is caused by a dead body somehow having >0 HP, my situation must be unusual. I had just finished House of Hope, and I loaded back in to the Lower City after that without a problem. Now, between doing that and now (where I can no longer load out and back in to the lower city), I have literally not killed anything or engaged in combat at all. Now, if I go back to before I entered the House of Hope initially, I travel to Wyrm's Rock, then back to the lower city without a problem. Dunno how something in House of Hope could have broken the lower city zone. I suppose I'll just go through all of House of Hope, and see if I avoid the problem on the second try... This sucks a whole lot of ass though.

Last edited by KelLorien; 13/10/23 05:12 AM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@KelLorien

Data I gathered did exemplify that it's critically important in the House of Hope you leave nothing standing, including the meteors. Not saying you didn't torch the lot on your run, just saying that 'if' you didn't, make sure you do. The meteors not being killed is a cause of this glitch that can be consistently reproduced.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard