Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by Dagless
Bethesda went into the F76 launch with more goodwill than they went into the Starfield launch with. This time around they had eroded that "benefit of the doubt" and goodwill to the point that people were fed up.

The negative reviews - in part - are a condemnation of Bethesda as a whole and their past failure.

Maybe true, as I understand it, the most egregious problem with FO76 on launch was the complete lack of NPCs with stories, dialogue and reasons for you to care about anything in the world.

Yeah, F76 on launch was also a buggy nightmare. The No NPC's thing was a really bad design decision though.

I came back to F76 a few years later and tried to play it co-op but it just wasn't designed for that either it seems. F76 didn't know what it wanted to be and that's one of the reasons it failed despite incredibly good sales numbers. It also had ALL the exploits and trolling.

If they had focused on making it a solid Co-Op Fallout game that could also easily be played single player then it would have worked great.

I'm glad you like Starfield and I hear Ng+ is interesting at least.

It probably helps that I didn’t have particularly high expectations, so I’ve been pleasantly surprised by a fair bit. Mainly I was expecting a lot more go somewhere, kill a bunch of guys, return for reward type missions. What I got was probably more time talking to characters and deciding if their problems were worth my time than shooting people.

Also the fact that money actually matters for most of the game makes a big difference for me (even after maxing out the commerce skill). One disappointment I had when I first played Skyrim was I wanted to play as a thief, but by the time I found the thieves guild, I basically had no need of crime anymore and just did the quest line for fun.

I know many people don’t like losing all their stuff in NG+, but for me it meant having something to work towards again. I role played it basically as having a bit of breakdown when [redacted story reason] put me back at the beginning. So my previously upstanding character went off the rails, getting involved in gangs, drugs, smuggling, doing shady work for a shady corporation, etc. Before eventually crawling back to all the goody two shoes at constellation.

Last edited by Dagless; 29/09/23 11:49 PM.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Yes, but Bethesta will support Starfield at least five years, will Larian do the same thing with BG Saga?

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/09/bethesda-ready-to-support-starfield-for-at-least-five-years

Last edited by Palatinus; 30/09/23 11:36 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by Palatinus
Yes, but Bethesta will support Starfield at least five years, will Larian do the same thing with BG Saga?

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/09/bethesda-ready-to-support-starfield-for-at-least-five-years

That’s an arbitrary comparison. Nintendo isn’t supporting Tears of the Kingdom with any post-launch DLC. So what?

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail

Lets be fair Bethesda has to support the game for 5 years as it will need 3 years to actually make the game great, like every other Bethesda game. Larian might not provide direct support for 5 years but could also, in that same frame have developed and release a couple of adventure packs expanding the BG3 eco system indirectly.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Originally Posted by Zentu

Lets be fair Bethesda has to support the game for 5 years as it will need 3 years to actually make the game great, like every other Bethesda game. Larian might not provide direct support for 5 years but could also, in that same frame have developed and release a couple of adventure packs expanding the BG3 eco system indirectly.

I dunno, imo Larian is actually going to need quite a lot of time to make an act 3 that even comes close to act 1 in quality. If they ever do that at all.

addict
addict
Played Act 1 like for a literal thousand hour and still feels Act 3 has the most of interesting content compared to other acts.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dext. Paladin
Played Act 1 like for a literal thousand hour and still feels Act 3 has the most of interesting content compared to other acts.

Yeah, I acknowledge that Act 3 needs some polish, bug fixes and better balance but there is a fuckton of content in there. I am still finding new things, and I haven't even looked into every nook and cranny yet. Also, the 3 patches they released have gone a long way to addressing issues.

Originally Posted by Zentu

Not just that but Larian will have resolved the current issues with Act 3 within the year and at no additional cost to the players.

meanwhile Bethesda already has plans for paid DLC within the next year, and then they will release a new edition of the game within 5 years and it will still be trash - the game has been out a month and they released one tiny hotfix. That studio has got to have the lowest productivity per Developer that I have ever seen.

But yeah, fingers crossed for additional adventure packs/modules for Bg3.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 05/10/23 11:02 AM.

Blackheifer
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Aaand, Starfield has fallen to "Mixed" on Steam - which means it has passed the crucial 31% negative review mark in the last 30 days. Ouch!

In good news CD Project Red has spent $120 million redeeming itself and it has paid off. Cyberpunk is an amazing game now.

I always knew Cyberpunk 2077 was redeemable, where I will say right now that Starfield is NOT redeemable. Cyberpunk has/had a good bone structure, great art, writing, dialogue, VA, core physics, and gameplay.

See below video of a comparison between these two:

Ugh, the writing in Starfield is SO boring!

Blackheifer
W
veteran
veteran
W
I’m very interested in playing Cyberpunk. I’m glad I waited. I’m still neck deep in Armored Core 6, but I’m definitely getting CP2077 before the year end.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
I’m very interested in playing Cyberpunk. I’m glad I waited. I’m still neck deep in Armored Core 6, but I’m definitely getting CP2077 before the year end.

Oh, it's an incredible game now. Like night and day since it was released. The entire world is way more responsive, with much better reactivity, and the new revamped combat/perks system makes combat more interesting and challenging.

Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen a company work this hard to make it's game better.

Blackheifer
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by euph
The Golden Joystick Awards are up for voting. Their twitter (or X or whatever Elon wants to call it today), looks something like this:

BG3
BG3
BG3
BG3
BG3
other game
BG3
BG3
BG3
BG3

Rinse and repeat.
Go back to the steam forum with your other cult members

C
stranger
stranger
C
The characters and writing are terrible, boring, basic bitch overused tropes.
Endless fetch quests, that lead to more fetch quests. I hope you love those loading screens.

Still an enjoyable game, but not ground breaking by any means.
If it wins, it's because the competition was weak

Last edited by Chris19aza; 11/10/23 12:49 PM.
addict
addict
About BG3, AFAIK Larian Stuidos is known to make a "definite edition" of their games that has more content and all bug fixes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Too bad STARFIELD still sold well.

I won't even bother pirating this trash, let alone paying money for it, but Hodd Towards made some millions again.

Good news: they will probably fart out a TES 6 in 10 years or so. Bad news: it will be the same buggy mess as always, but without amazing Jeremy Soul music to create the atmosphere and set the tone.

We all just have to admit that Skyrim was the last decent effort of this studio and move on.

S
stranger
stranger
S
BG3 is an overrate steaming pile of poop.

Way too many bugs, to many annoying features, characters are boring and just there to tick boxes.

I hope it wins nothing.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ladydub
Too bad STARFIELD still sold well.

I won't even bother pirating this trash, let alone paying money for it, but Hodd Towards made some millions again.

Good news: they will probably fart out a TES 6 in 10 years or so. Bad news: it will be the same buggy mess as always, but without amazing Jeremy Soul music to create the atmosphere and set the tone.

We all just have to admit that Skyrim was the last decent effort of this studio and move on.

Honestly I am not sure how well Starfield sold. Bethesda refuses to release numbers on copies sold versus (what they think) are Gamepass subs over the game. Gamepass is honestly the better deal but since it requires a regular supply of new games to play represents a larger investment per se on the side of the developer.

They claim 6 million players but I have no idea what that means. Bethesda isn't honest, Todd Howard is actively dishonest.

Here is an AI generated Honest Conference of Starfield, very funny.

Blackheifer
addict
addict
No Man's Sky is a much better game - despite the bugs and wonky colors.
Err ... I dont even think these two games are very compareable.

NMS is a super weirdly designed, basically historically grown game with many odd interfaces.

For example derelict freigthers work according to completely different rules than the rest of the game.

You have basically three main game elements in NMS:
- Improving your equipment, including your spaceship(s)
- Creating bases, including your freighter
- Explore a rng generated, in practical terms limitless space and find the best resources in it (outpost locations, spaceship types, multitools)

Many things make no sense, like you can have up to three multitools but can never store them anywhere, they always stay on your person.

There are some quests but they are sort of super strange.

Is NMS a good game ? I dont know, ultimately there is no real goal to this game. You just at some point lose interest playing it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by SkipRat
BG3 is an overrate steaming pile of poop.

Way too many bugs, to many annoying features, characters are boring and just there to tick boxes.

I hope it wins nothing.

Gz you win the “lamest comment on the forum” award, yikes

I spent 166 hours on my playthrough and encountered 1 bug in act 3 when gale commented on something that didn’t happen yet.

Oh and they nerfed gloves of power without updating the tooltip.

Act 3 performance is ok btw, it’s just your cheap ass pc is lame.

And you know what’s boring? You. Sit down and keep quiet pleb laugh

REKT

Last edited by ladydub; 12/10/23 02:33 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
I really don’t know what to make about all of these complaints about bugs. I encountered 2 visual bugs and one bug where Wyll mentioned returning to his uncle whom I hadn’t rescued yet, and that’s it.

I do love this criticism that characters are boring and generic. Before launch the characters were too over-the-top. XD

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I mean comparing Bg3 characters to Starfield characters the differences could not be more stark. Starfield characters are SO boring, just vanilla, nothing going on upstairs, glurgy, dull. It's the Nickelback of video games. I managed to make it through Sarah's character Arc and just wanted to abandon her on an airless moon afterwards. I kept turning down her romance Arc because I found her so vapid.

I can't prove it but I suspect the dev;s just used GPT4 to write characters for them and threw a bunch of generic tropes at the AI engine and had it spit out every significant character in the game.

The dialogue is so uninspired, so dull, and just contributes nothing. Also terrible VA's.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 12/10/23 09:07 PM.

Blackheifer
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard