Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
S
stranger
stranger
S
Same thing, I'm stuck in the Mountain Pass. Loads to 33% after the Gith encounter and then CTD when going back to Act 1. I can go to the Shadowlands and continue, but when I try to go back to Act 1 from there it still crashs.

So far both of my playthroughs (and basically my whole experience with the game) have been totally ruined. First because of bugged/missing Minthara content, that no Patch ever fixed for my savegame. And now this gamebreaking bug. I wanted to take the Underdark route this time...

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by KelLorien
Dunno how something in House of Hope could have broken the lower city zone.

My guess is that the game is broken into multiple regions each of which can have multiple maps. Perhaps for some reason the House of Hope map is part of the Lower City region, whereas the Iron Throne is its own standalone region.

stranger
stranger
i'm sorry for my english. in my case i was able to fix it, not in the way we all would like. i usually save a lot and fortunately i found where the bug occurred, in Raphael's house, but i couldn't find any dead body in bad condition, so i had to repeat the mission, and it worked, the game no longer crashes. i can only tell people to save manually very often, especially when they go to areas where they can have a fight, before and after each fight. this way you will find when the game breaks much easier.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Joined to say my party is having the same issue. We have 4 players in our MP playthrough, and after getting to lower city it has become pretty much unplayable for 2 of the 4 players. Crashing on fast travelling to camp, crashing when joining after the progress bar hits 100%, the same graphical glitch where the terrain is loading in albeit a little messed up, but the characters are t-posing and the minimap is black. We all did clean installs, changed the host, deleted all the files from /appdata prior to re-install, updated drivers, changed settings, you name it. It's two weeks of a game night that we haven't really been able to do anything. None of us have installed any mods of any kind.

Last edited by frostysauce; 13/10/23 03:12 PM. Reason: no mods
P
stranger
stranger
P
Day 12, give it up for day 12

K
stranger
stranger
K
Checking back to confirm that re-doing the House of Hope area "fixed" the problem. Which is to say, I can travel back and forth between Wyrm's Rock and Lower City now. No idea if it's possible to recover the original save, but at least I didn't lose too much progress doing this.

I sent my save file in the support ticket when the problem is occurring, so hopefully someone will take a look for the sake of others who don't have this option.

Last edited by KelLorien; 13/10/23 07:59 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by PaulNixon
Day 12, give it up for day 12

It's actually day 22 lol. This bug was introduced on September 22nd.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 13/10/23 08:24 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Hi all - positive development for everyone waiting for updates! Just received this:

"Thank you for all the information you sent on the report, the team is aware of this issue and it should be corrected in a future hotfix or patch. To stay up to date on fixes, please stay tuned to our community pages."

Thanks everyone who sent reports and save files - looks like they're on it now.

M
stranger
stranger
M
First of all this was tested for Windows PC Players

Ok so my friends and I just figured out a few causes and a workaround for ppl playing in a party with more friends, first of all, the guy that is having trouble in our party is the one with lower pc specifications (Just in case someone wants to know), so we tried almost everything to find out the problem with the crashes in Lower City (We are getting those crashes even at the beginning of the zone):

WorkAround A.K.A Solution while Larian tries to repair this: So we managed to solve this problem by our own, it's not the best solution, but at least we can play together and continue the story at this point. It's very easy to do so give it a try.

The solution is simple, use your last save file to make another party member the host (Preferably the guy with the crashes, it works) , new host needs to disable Steam Cloud first (Upper Left in the client Steam -> Parameters -> Cloud -> And disable the Activate Steam Cloud option) so you can use your personal saves only, now, the old host has to look for your last save (File wont be corrupted so you can choose the one that's actually crashing, the Lower city one in this case) from this Windows Path 'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames' (Remember to complete the UserName with your actual PC User name), then the new host has to clear the 'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames' and add that save file from the old Host ( If you got any more saved files of your own, i suggest to save that folder first in another place of your computer instead of clearing the whole folder) if you dont have that folder you can just begin a new adventure and just save one time to automatically create one.

Then, the new host loads the save file and invites all people, just try to teleport/move to other zones to see if everything is fine!

We tried 2 other things that may work for someone!

1st Possible Solution: We noticed that, the game crashed twice because of an Avast warning (It seems that at some point some files were missing because antivirus just deleted it or put it in quarantine) So just in case try to disable Avast, AVG... to see if that fixes your problem ---- This didnt work for us, worked like 10 minutes, then big crash again.

2nd Possible Solution: Missing or corrupted file (For this, we just reset the Baldur's Gate folder just in case some file was corrupt) ---- We tried several different ways and sometimes it worked, sometimes just made it even worst. We just cleared cache, verified corrupted in-game files in Steam and lastly reset the Baldur's Gate 3 folder (Careful with this option as you can delete your settings, saved files etc... i will suggest making a backup folder of it if you wanna try, to your own risk!)

X
stranger
stranger
X
Seems like uplifting news. I haven't had any luck yet on my original save. The post above gives some things to try. smile

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'm on PS5. I noticed the problem before going into House of Hope. I opened the portal. Instead of going in, I was gonna go kill Wyrm's Rock dragon to get the Sword. It crashes at 33%.
I haven't done Iron Throne, Steel Watch Foundry, Bhaal Temple and Saravok's temple. I've only killed 5 Steel Watchers. The first one when entering Wyrmway. Very first SW we see in the game. 4 in Baldur's Mouth. 2 above. 2 below. I went back to see if they have more than 0 HP. They are all dead dead. I can't go back to Wyrm Rock.
I'm checking back places for undead dead enemies. Shar Temple, Szarr Palace, Wizard tower, Minsc's hideout, the grease enemies in Undercity, and firework workshop. I killed Lora (the pirate, but her DB is gone with no pouch. I don't see any other anymore. Most in LowerCity are already pouches.

"Aid the Underduke" is also bugged. I've talked to 9Finger but the quest won't Complete. I've tried killing them all but still won't work.

I have played and finished the game 2 times already with no problem. I'm 1 Trophy away from getting the Platinum Trophy. I don't have Previous saves anymore. Just 1 main save. I'm hoping they'll fix it. A lot of people are having issue with this.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by michu_zh
First of all this was tested for Windows PC Players

Ok so my friends and I just figured out a few causes and a workaround for ppl playing in a party with more friends, first of all, the guy that is having trouble in our party is the one with lower pc specifications (Just in case someone wants to know), so we tried almost everything to find out the problem with the crashes in Lower City (We are getting those crashes even at the beginning of the zone):

WorkAround A.K.A Solution while Larian tries to repair this: So we managed to solve this problem by our own, it's not the best solution, but at least we can play together and continue the story at this point. It's very easy to do so give it a try.

The solution is simple, use your last save file to make another party member the host (Preferably the guy with the crashes, it works) , new host needs to disable Steam Cloud first (Upper Left in the client Steam -> Parameters -> Cloud -> And disable the Activate Steam Cloud option) so you can use your personal saves only, now, the old host has to look for your last save (File wont be corrupted so you can choose the one that's actually crashing, the Lower city one in this case) from this Windows Path 'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames' (Remember to complete the UserName with your actual PC User name), then the new host has to clear the 'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames' and add that save file from the old Host ( If you got any more saved files of your own, i suggest to save that folder first in another place of your computer instead of clearing the whole folder) if you dont have that folder you can just begin a new adventure and just save one time to automatically create one.

Then, the new host loads the save file and invites all people, just try to teleport/move to other zones to see if everything is fine!

We tried 2 other things that may work for someone!

1st Possible Solution: We noticed that, the game crashed twice because of an Avast warning (It seems that at some point some files were missing because antivirus just deleted it or put it in quarantine) So just in case try to disable Avast, AVG... to see if that fixes your problem ---- This didnt work for us, worked like 10 minutes, then big crash again.

2nd Possible Solution: Missing or corrupted file (For this, we just reset the Baldur's Gate folder just in case some file was corrupt) ---- We tried several different ways and sometimes it worked, sometimes just made it even worst. We just cleared cache, verified corrupted in-game files in Steam and lastly reset the Baldur's Gate 3 folder (Careful with this option as you can delete your settings, saved files etc... i will suggest making a backup folder of it if you wanna try, to your own risk!)

I'm glad it worked for you but your write up won't fix this issue. the game is broken. so antivirus, steam file verification, having low specs etc are not going to help anyone who is on this thread. i have a 12900 and 4070, no mods, no antivirus, file verification done multiple times etc but i am unable to load my saves in lower city. i had no problems whatsoever up until i loaded into that zone.

Last edited by pluviophile; 14/10/23 06:04 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I didn't do Blushing Mermaid quest. I'm letting the Hag lives.
I first found the issue before House of Hope. I was gonna kill the dragon for the sword. First traveled to Wyrm's Rock and it crashes.

Haven't done Steel Watch foundry, Iron Throne prison, Bhaal's temple or any Orin quest.

I've only killed 5 Steel watchers. 4 in Baldur's Mouth and the very first one in Riiving Ton.

E
stranger
stranger
E
For me it discovered the problem before going into House of Hope. I opened the portal, but want to kill the dragon first. I fast traveled to Wyrm's rock and it crashes.
Now I only need to kill Big G to finish the game.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I think I found the problem for me. Regarding it beeing a dead NPC witch hitpoints left: It's the Lava Elemental at the Forge. It seemed to have healed as I killed it. https://i.imgur.com/XeAMzwb.jpg

But I can't target it, or damage it with AOE. How do I get rid of it?

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Stinker666
I think I found the problem for me. Regarding it beeing a dead NPC witch hitpoints left: It's the Lava Elemental at the Forge. It seemed to have healed as I killed it. https://i.imgur.com/XeAMzwb.jpg

But I can't target it, or damage it with AOE. How do I get rid of it?
See if you or one of your companions can pick it up - you might need to offload some stuff in your inventory because it depends on your carrying capacity.

If you can, go to camp and put it in the Traveller's Chest.

S
stranger
stranger
S
No Dice. The thing weighs 600kg. Even Karlach and Lae'Zel, both with 19 strength and used enlarge on, only get 288 capacity.

Edit: But I can 100% confirm that's the issue. I loaded an autosave just before killing the Lava Elemental, and from there I can travel between Act 1 and 2 no problem.
Means I have to rekill the Goblin Leaders and do the entire Mountain Pass again... oh well.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Stinker666
No Dice. The thing weighs 600kg. Even Karlach and Lae'Zel, both with 19 strength and used enlarge on, only get 288 capacity.

Edit: But I can 100% confirm that's the issue. I loaded an autosave just before killing the Lava Elemental, and from there I can travel between Act 1 and 2 no problem.
Means I have to rekill the Goblin Leaders and do the entire Mountain Pass again... oh well.

If you're on PC, install one of the carry capacity mods like "Carry Weight Increased - Up To Over 9000".

Alternatively, reload an earlier save from before the fight (if you still have one).

I'm hopeful they'll fix this in the next week or two, though.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 14/10/23 08:37 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by MojoBeast
Hi all - positive development for everyone waiting for updates! Just received this:

"Thank you for all the information you sent on the report, the team is aware of this issue and it should be corrected in a future hotfix or patch. To stay up to date on fixes, please stay tuned to our community pages."

Thanks everyone who sent reports and save files - looks like they're on it now.

Praise Shar. I parked my first playthrough when I couldn't leave the Iron Throne, then got to Baldur's Gate with a second character only to have the game crash when they go to sleep following the Mizora contract & Emperor lamenting cutscenes (where you can offer them a hug). All they've killed in Act 3 are some Steel Watch on the roof of the Fortress, so I'm honestly not sure if it's the same bug as the 33% one or just the game hating the sight of my Dragonborn's face.

Incredibly frustrating to spend well over 150 hours without being able to see the end of the game. It's the only thing stopping this from being a 10/10 in my hypercritical book.

Last edited by DBS101; 15/10/23 12:48 AM. Reason: I have been waylaid by commas and must defend myself
S
stranger
stranger
S
Commenting for more traction - I ran from the enemies in the house of hope to fight Raphael asap. They all disappear when Raphael appears. Now just walking into Wyrm's Crossing and back crashes the game.

Problem is I did House of Hope before fighting Orin and before fighting the entire House of Grief. I'll drop the game before I replay those sections - the fights were fun but they took a long time.

Larian, I hope you can write something to stop the hard crash on these bugged save files else I won't be finishing the game :'(.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard