Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Good lord.

Truth be told I've only read 4 or 5 posts. I kept waiting for this thread to die but it seems to resurrect itself more often than Manshoon.

1. It's good that Larian listened to the fans. People wanted Halsin, they wanted Halsin to be romanceable and they got it. If just want Halsin to be a camp follower don't talk to him.

2. There are an infinite number of ways to approach polyamory. I have my own approach others have theirs. Poly is not a "fetish" approach to relationships. Some poly people are kinksters, some are not.

3. If you are dissatisfied with Halsin either ignore him or ask for more companions. I don't want to see him rewritten.

The problem is:

1. They didn't get someone romanceable, they got a fuck buddy instead.

2. Polyamory isn't explored much in media, so if all they show is ppl who are polyamorous as kinksters and nothing more, that's all ppl will see them as.

3. We literally can't tell Halsin to fuck off at the end of act 2. And ignoring problems doesn't solve them. I can never have Halsin in my party because he's too busy trying to sleep with my partner, which means I'll never get to know him further than that, because his horniness overshadows the rest of his character. I would have liked to be friends with Halsin, but most ppl won't tolerate someone trying to fuck their girlfriend. So that means his character is useless or outright antagonistic, for a lot of ppl. Why did they even bother spending money on creating him then?