Originally Posted by Marielle
The Nightingale mod perfectly showed me how wonderful Larian's efforts were for all the other players. I was very touched by some of the kisses, they fit perfectly and expressed what I wanted to express through romance and tenderness for Astarion. These kisses in the original are meant for Gale. He is allowed to be loved. I am supposed to look at Astarion with the expression of a terrorized victim, with resentment, disgust, and pain. To clench my fists and not touch him. If anyone can do a worse job in terms of romance than this, they will deserve a medal and a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.

They are all very cute, and all shows romance and happiness. I ended up just using the Happy mod for the AA kisses. I think if they had nailed the expressions in the AA kisses in Patch 6 it could have been amazing. Personally I would not have wanted any of the other ones if they made the AA kisses right.

Originally Posted by Zayir
Originally Posted by KiraMira
The player character says it clearly with the silent scream of terror and the hate/contemnt/disgust at the end of EVERY ascended kiss animation.

My character looks at Acended Astarion as a lover, a master, someone she can trust, someone that would protect her with his life. She would never make those faces when kissing Astarion.
It's character assassination - of the player's character. And the story around them. Tav turns 180 degrees in these scenes. You can choose dozens of positive, happy, consenting lines, you can love your partner, but Larian suddenly decided to allow only negative emotions, when you want to kiss in patch 6. Whatever is responsible for it, for Tav's behavior and faces, there was no understanding or knowledge of the story, not even an idea of what a roleplaying game is, and not even knowing, what a "kiss", Tav asks for, is meant for.

100%. You said it perfectly.

Originally Posted by Zayir
Yes.. well those faces were intentional by whomever, the question is, what was the reason. No idea about a role-playing game, no idea about the story, rewriting a story, making fun of people on Valentine's Day, misunderstanding in the workflow, misunderstanding of kink or BDSM. If it was just accidently putting wrong facial expressions, it could have been fixed hotfixes ago. But if they would state this, I'm not here to refute that as long as they correct this mistake. That's the important thing.

The expressions where intended from those that put this thing togheter yes, but I'm having a hard time thinking this is what Larian the company intended. It feels like a botched job, more than malicious intent. I agree as long as it is corrected in the next patch I will probably forgive and forget. Well.., not entirely forget.