Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 65 of 93 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 92 93
Originally Posted by JeyFrey
Not sure where I read about that but someone said that Halsin and SH had a rather bad connection in act 2 - something like Halsin trying to teach SH something? Anyone care to explain in detail?
I heard they have kind of tense interaction during Gauntlet of Shar. I want to check this out myself, but I have a long road to this point with my second character. But, thankfully, I think I found a stream where both Halsin and Shadowheart are in player's party, so maybe I'll watch it later if my curiosity takes over me.

E
E
Originally Posted by Liarie
Here's a question for all of you folks who have solomanced Halsin -- if one stays monogamous with him, and doesn't visit brothels or entertain devils, the only letdown is the end? I'm not giving this the thumbs up, I'm just wondering if I should risk it at all.

When I soloromanced him, I didn't really notice anything particular other than the ending that stood out to me in regards to him hitting on other companions. I did also visit the brothel with him just to see what people were talking about and then rolled back to before. As much as I dislike the brothel scene, having soloromanced Halsin I didn't really find any of it particularly odd at the time. It was Tav who asked Halsin if he was up for it, and he said yes, and they went in and spend a couple of minutes with the drow where the drow were basically just watching, and then it was over. Obv, the revelation that came out of it about SA and all was not suited for that particular situation (still standing in the room with the drow).

But if we skip the part with the brothel, most of my issues still lie with the ending, and the fact that he refuses to call it a relationship, and how it sort of seems he's pushing the player towards being with others.

When he says (with an emphasis on the word I): "I only want you. But I won't hoard you to myself. Let others know the pleasure of being with you." To me that felt icky. It felt like he was pushing my character towards sleeping with other people, as if he had some fetish where he wanted to watch, or just know that he had scored with someone attractive enough to entice other people too. I don't know. Probably reading too much into it, but it really bothered me that I wasn't able to tell him I didn't want to be with anyone but him.

Add to that how he sort of doesn't do anything in ACT 3 and it was the perfect letdown for me. The only thing to do with him in ACT 3 as a LI was to ask him for a kiss and enjoy the short line he gives you when you approach to talk to him. Other than that, it was the same dialogue over and over and over again until he finally left you in the end.

To clarify: I also don't really pay attention to many of the "in world" banter that happens unfortunately. I'm the kind of person who tend to move the camera far from my group to find where I'm going and click in advance, so often times, the companion voices end up so far away or low in volume that I don't catch what they're saying. So I haven't come across any inappropriate behavior from Halsin here.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Hmm. I don't know if I should open this can of worms, but... if you're romancing Halsin + Astarion and you kiss Astarion out in the "open world" with Halsin in your party, Halsin makes a comment. Unfortunately I can't remember what the comment was. I wonder how, uh, voyeuristic it sounded, and if he has a similar thing reacting to Shadowheart/Tav. (Astarion will also react to you kissing Halsin; and Gale will react if you'd been romancing him earlier in the game, then broke up! I couldn't believe it...).

I'm not going to say I'm certain here, but I have some memory of Halsin commenting on Tav kissing Astarion (while also romancing Halsin), and I think Halsin just said something about nature and love and wonderful. Not in a creepy way, but more like "Finding true love is certainly one of nature's most wonderful gifts".

Last edited by EMar; 17/10/23 08:27 AM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Theres so little content for Halsin they are going to have to animate some cutscenes and record new dialogue regardless if they decide to address any of this.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
If I squint, I think I see what they were going for. And I don't think they were too far off from achieving it. But a couple of really baffling choices make me wonder if they ran out of time, or some memo didn't get passed around, or (as I've said elsewhere) in Act III they just generally started slipping from writing people into writing video game characters. One of those is much harder to do than the other and many, many players will be satisfied with the easier one.

Oh, please elaborate! What do you think you see?

R
R
Here, because I like you guys biggrin

I saw it, now all of you have to see it. hahaha

[Linked Image from abload.de]

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
If I squint, I think I see what they were going for. And I don't think they were too far off from achieving it. But a couple of really baffling choices make me wonder if they ran out of time, or some memo didn't get passed around, or (as I've said elsewhere) in Act III they just generally started slipping from writing people into writing video game characters. One of those is much harder to do than the other and many, many players will be satisfied with the easier one.

Oh, please elaborate! What do you think you see?

Asking for my thoughts on Halsin, eh? pulls out a six volume novel biggrin There's a bit to unpack, I'll write up something at work today and get back to you.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Awwwwww yis

Im genuinely looking forward to your thoughts

Awwwwww yis

Im genuinely looking forward to your thoughts
I am also curious.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Rotsen
Here, because I like you guys biggrin

I saw it, now all of you have to see it. hahaha

This made me howl with laughter at work by the way

Last edited by AmayaTenjo; 17/10/23 01:15 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Hey, if Larian wants to be the game company remembered by its horny games complete with bestiality, I guess that's their choice, right?

Hopefully, if that is the case, WotC won't give them any more licensing contracts.

Here's a question for all of you folks who have solomanced Halsin -- if one stays monogamous with him, and doesn't visit brothels or entertain devils, the only letdown is the end? I'm not giving this the thumbs up, I'm just wondering if I should risk it at all.

No, you will get a "delightful" conversation about relationships. About his former lovers and what he want to share yours heart and body with all camp.
He sleep with whom he want and where he want, there is no relationship. Right now he only want you, but who knows what he want tomorrow. If you don't like it, don't eat. That's such a real love.

Last edited by Laras; 17/10/23 02:16 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Originally Posted by JeyFrey
Not sure where I read about that but someone said that Halsin and SH had a rather bad connection in act 2 - something like Halsin trying to teach SH something? Anyone care to explain in detail?
I heard they have kind of tense interaction during Gauntlet of Shar. I want to check this out myself, but I have a long road to this point with my second character. But, thankfully, I think I found a stream where both Halsin and Shadowheart are in player's party, so maybe I'll watch it later if my curiosity takes over me.
Here's the interaction.
Halsin: Shar's armies of destruction arose from within these halls.
Shadowheart: Those who do not listen to the reason of Lady Shar's words must instead feel the keenness of her blades.
Halsin: You sound like a student - reciting words for a test without considering their meaning.
Shadowheart: I've considered them plenty. Besides, Lady Shar favours actions over words. Try it out, sometime.

With the power of foresight, we know that that kind of pushing her leads to her turning on you, so she'd definitely turn on Halsin who she doesn't seem to respect based on the epic burn at the end (the man did let Thaniel rot for at least 100 years, after all). If they entered the Shadowfell without Tav, only one would come out alive.

Originally Posted by Laras
Hey, if Larian wants to be the game company remembered by its horny games complete with bestiality, I guess that's their choice, right?

Hopefully, if that is the case, WotC won't give them any more licensing contracts.

No, you will get a "delightful" conversation about relationships. About his former lovers and what he want to share yours heart and body with all camp.
He sleep with whom he want and where he want, there is no relationship. Right now he only want you, but who knows what he want tomorrow. If you don't like it, don't eat. That's such a real love.
Yep. All you get is an open "relationship" (he's not poly, because poly is a form of relationship and he doesn't believe in one) where you only have him as partner. He will still not consider it anything more than that and as far as I know the dialogue doesn't really change except that you don't have to ask someone else to also be okay with it first.

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 17/10/23 02:57 PM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Yep. All you get is an open "relationship" (he's not poly, because poly is a form of relationship and he doesn't believe in one) where you only have him as partner. He will still not consider it anything more than that and as far as I know the dialogue doesn't really change except that you don't have to ask someone else to also be okay with it first.

I've said it earlier, they ended up making Halsin an fboy. All them sweet nothings he spouts out, then he's like "Oh well gotta get milk now" at the end. Fantastic romance right there.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Originally Posted by EMar
When I soloromanced him, I didn't really notice anything particular other than the ending that stood out to me in regards to him hitting on other companions.

Did he hit on other companions when you soloromanced him?

This only triggers when you romance other companion and you want to have a three way with him no?

Last edited by iloverainbow; 17/10/23 03:03 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Ehhhh123
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh

I've said it earlier, they ended up making Halsin an fboy. All them sweet nothings he spouts out, then he's like "Oh well gotta get milk now" at the end. Fantastic romance right there.

Its so dreadfully heartbreaking. Im a sucker for sweet nothings.

I thought I felt used when Astarion talked about how I was easy to seduce (I actually yelled out loud EXCUSE ME?!) I diddnt realize at first it was a casual thing for him to sleep with me. So I genuinely felt a little hurt by that.

But Halsin calling us his heart, and all the romantic anticipation he builds in act 2 just to have it build into nothing...gods it hurts.

Its like Larian slapped me in the face and called me stupid.

Last edited by AmayaTenjo; 17/10/23 03:43 PM.
veteran
veteran
and Gale will react if you'd been romancing him earlier in the game, then broke up! I couldn't believe it...
This would be fun reactivity if they hadn’t left out a solo romance path for Halsin completely! They have time for this special case but not to put in a path/reactivity if Halsin is the only romance?

Originally Posted by iloverainbow

This only triggers when you romance other companion and you want to have a three way with him no?
If you romance Halsin and only him he has no interest in other companions. If you romance somebody else before romancing Halsin and trigger his romance then yes, there are options for "poly" romance.

I thought I felt used when Astarion talked about how I was easy to seduce (I actually yelled out loud EXCUSE ME?!) I diddnt realize at first it was a casual thing for him to sleep with me. So I genuinely felt a little hurt by that.

But Halsin calling us his heart, and all the romantic anticipation he builds in act 2 just to have it build into nothing...gods it hurts.

Well, you kind of expect such words from Astarion because all of his nature tells you "This guy wants you for pleasure but he doesn't love you". And only much later, as far as I know, he admits he has feelings towards Tav.
As for Halsin - same here. =( Every time he says "My heart" and "Come here to me" before kiss just melts my heart (Dave, you are devil in a good way, you voiced him perfectly), I want to hug him and not let go. At the same time I remember his "relathionship" phrase which kills me.
Many of us hoped him to be the same in romantic relathioships as he is shown in Act 2: adult, responsible, gentle, a bit shy, maybe even sensitive and he kind of showed it in his love confession and intimate scene ("I am almost scared to touch you" and all that stuff).
I still have hopes Larian would listen.

Last edited by Noelle666; 17/10/23 04:46 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Noelle666
[
Well, you kind of expect such words from Astarion because all of his nature tells you "This guy wants you for pleasure but he doesn't love you"

I mean I knew that, like I KNEW it, but he still managed to trick me lol I cant help it when the guys say such pretty words

Even Gales confession after the first fight in the shadow lands, as awkward and cringy as it was (Astarion and SH were RIGHT THERE) it still kinda made me swoon.

With Halsin its just 100x worse because I liked him the most

E
E

Yes, this, exactly! It sure was a slap in the face, and boy did I feel stupid for falling for it all.

Originally Posted by iloverainbow
When I soloromanced him, I didn't really notice anything particular other than the ending that stood out to me in regards to him hitting on other companions.

He didn't hit on anyone else when soloromanced. It was all my Tav and wonderful words and then just: "bye, gotta go, see you another day, maybe."

Last edited by EMar; 17/10/23 07:32 PM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
He didn't hit on anyone else when soloromanced. It was all my Tav and wonderful words and then just: "bye, gotta go, see you another day, maybe."

I'm telling you, dude's an fboy. He's practically following the entire playbook.

Last edited by Ehhhh123; 17/10/23 08:34 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

Bruh this makes his whole I dont do relationships thing so much worse

Page 65 of 93 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard