I dislike the Emperor (moreover the guardian) because of the forced ‘sorry I can’t tell you everything yet’ shenanigans that are basically prevalent until the start of Act 3. It feels forced and doesn’t flow narratively (there are a bunch of other instances with other characters and scenarios that suffer in this regard as well). This is amplified by the fact that when he finally reveals himself his ultimate excuse is ‘you wouldn’t have trusted a mindflayer’… which is just such a cop out because it’s forcing an opinion on the PC in a game where agency is pretty standard, add to that we have an entire quest line with trusting Omelumm well before we meet the Emperor.

Daisy on the other hand is another can of worms. So overt in its attempts to seduce you that anyone with a brain can see it’s a trap. I supposed at least you could have had the dichotomy of resisting that temptation or purely giving into it.

I don’t think either of them work narratively because plot ‘mysteries’ are incredibly hard to pull off in a game of this size and scope. Daisy simply has the benefit of the doubt because we only ever saw him/her in Act 1. The tadpoles were a lot more insipid and worrying in EA compared to what we got in the full release of the game though, so I guess Daisy makes a bit more sense in that case.

Last edited by Moongerm; 18/10/23 10:50 AM.