Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 69 of 93 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 92 93
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Dave was a guest at Neil's stream yesterday, it was interesting to listen to him answering questions about his work and about Halsin.
Will check it out! approvegauntlet

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Netav
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Originally Posted by Liarie
I think a lot of that has to do with how wonderful the voice actor's performance is. I really hope they call him back in to do some more lines to set Halsin right.
Yeah, I also hope for that. Voice actor also is a creator of the character, he made this character real. But not only with voice - all of VAs actually played their characters thanks to motion capture.
Dave was a guest at Neil's stream yesterday, it was interesting to listen to him answering questions about his work and about Halsin.

*some slight off topic*
I decided to wander around again and go to Astarion topic and, boy oh boy, I'm starting to have a feeling all of our companions have problems, especially with their romances and epilogues. So, I hope, since we have such feedback, Larian will work with this.
I'm dying of anticipation for the next patch(which should be soonish, right?). At least remove(put extra flags) SH/Halsin banter(and disapproval at brothel) and
let me hug her after house of grief
. And I will believe that they are listening to some reason.
Hard to have any faith in changes when feedback regarding Shadowheart/Halsin is actively being censored.

old hand
old hand
Please don't bring your beefs over other threads into this thread.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Please don't bring your beefs over other threads into this thread.
Where else am I supposed to bring it up? The issue regards Shadowheart and Halsin and since we're not allowed to have a thread about Shadowheart anymore so this is the only remotely relevant thread. Not to mention they've started removing feedback about it from their Discord as well. Notice how you can view it but you won't find it on the feedback list and it won't let you upvote it either.
https://discord.com/channels/98922182746329088/1164251549682372759

Last edited by Bigli; 20/10/23 09:28 PM.
old hand
old hand
If you have complaints about moderation, direct them to the mod team or to Larian. The Karlach thread just got a talking to about this. Please drop it.

R
R
My dudes you managed to shut down the SH thread, leave the nice Halsin people alone. No need to lock this thread also.

edit. I understand the frustration but relax. wink

Last edited by Rotsen; 20/10/23 09:32 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Thank you, Tarlonniel and Rotsen.

Bigli, you are welcome to PM me if you want to discuss how you can share your feedback without falling afoul of forum standards.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Question for the druid players

Its been mentioned before that "marriage" is kind of not a thing for druids, how true is this? Is it antithetical to their teachings or is it like, most just dont because theyre too focused on druidry?

I see it being used as an explanation for Halsin not wanting an actual relationship with Tav and I think its a load of BS but I also dont know much about established DnD lore

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I'm no D&D expert, but I think Jaheira is proof enough that that's not at all the case, considering how she is portayed in BG3.

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 21/10/23 02:45 PM.
old hand
old hand
There's nothing about marriage being incompatible with druidry.

Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
Question for the druid players

Its been mentioned before that "marriage" is kind of not a thing for druids, how true is this? Is it antithetical to their teachings or is it like, most just dont because theyre too focused on druidry?

I see it being used as an explanation for Halsin not wanting an actual relationship with Tav and I think its a load of BS but I also dont know much about established DnD lore
I think the writer wanted to play somehow with Halsin's animalistic nature, which ended up as not very good justification for him not being fond of relationships (bears are not really polygamous and he is an elf, after all).
I'm not a DnD player too, but yes, we know Jaheira, she was married and there was no problem with that. So, I think, if you are a druid and want to be with someone and even marry this person, nothing stops you. Relathionships is a natural thing.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by The Red Queen

Bigli, you are welcome to PM me if you want to discuss how you can share your feedback without falling afoul of forum standards.
Ok, I PM'd you and you read it but did not respond. I've gone through the proper channels and was ignored so what else can I do but complain publicly at that point?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Bigli

Ok, I PM'd you and you read it but did not respond. I've gone through the proper channels and was ignored so what else can I do but complain publicly at that point?

I would remind you that we are volunteers and also need to sleep and have lives. I have seen your PM and was intending to reply to it but have not yet had chance. But one thing you very definitely don't need to do is complain in a thread where it is off topic. At the very least you could create a separate thread if you wanted to call something out publicly, though frankly I'd just counsel a bit of patience.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
I would remind you that we are volunteers and also need to sleep and have lives. I have seen your PM and was intending to reply to it but have not yet had chance. But one thing you very definitely don't need to do is complain in a thread where it is off topic. At the very least you could create a separate thread if you wanted to call something out publicly, though frankly I'd just counsel a bit of patience.
Patience is a virtue, and I too agree that this isn't the right place for it, but I have to play devil's advocate for a second and say that to be fair they did get told they'd get banned if they created a new thread with the topic they'd like to (continue to) discuss in mind. So lack of patience aside, the options were slim!

old hand
old hand
Please drop the subject here, folks.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
So back to the subject

Halsin is best husbando

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
So back to the subject

Halsin is best husbando
As soon as he actually wants to be one!

He's still just slightly confused right now. Must be all the rocks thrown by the goblin kiddos.

Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
So back to the subject

Halsin is best husbando
As soon as he actually wants to be one!

He's still just slightly confused right now. Must be all the rocks thrown by the goblin kiddos.
Oh, that's sounds interesting. Goblin kids definitely had a lot of time and rocks. Little bastards.
But yeah, I agree, still the best husbando.

old hand
old hand
Best solution: never finish the game! Defeat Orin, rescue the prisoners, disable the Steel Watch and then just... live in Baldur's Gate forever, with Halsin, and Karlach, and everyone alive and happy and together. wink

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Its kind of sad that thats a legit way to atempt a happy ending with Halsin

Page 69 of 93 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard