Originally Posted by Kearnen
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I don't think the Emperor is a well loved figure so I hold out hope the end game can be improved.

Just chiming in to say that the Emperor has some fans and I am one of them. I didn't play in early access and knew close to nothing about the story on my first playthrough. My opinion of the dream visitor changed many times as I progressed through the game and in the end I found myself unable to betray him.
I played an all around good character, so I actually struggled with the choice a lot since keeping the Emperor alive and well meant giving up on the future of the githyanki. But I just couldn't bring myself to betray an ally who was there for my character for so long. Not to mention that I had zero faith in Orpheus being even a tiny bit interested in our survival. So Orpheus became a snack and my good hero's reputation got a stain on it, but I genuinely think it was the only outcome I could be happy with.

Me too and there are others as well. But the hate he receives is sometimes quite irrational. Not that people need a reason to dislike or hate a character, that is fine, but sometimes there are even made up stories about him as if there was a need to justify how people feel about him. Based on postings on reddit it seems people who took the Emperor ending are more satisfied with the outcome than people that went with Orpheus
and then are forced to have someone turn into a mind flayer or have Lae'zel leave with Orpheus.

I played EA and I disliked daisy. I don't see the appeal. Daisy was obviously evil and so not tempting at all for my good playthroughs (and I don't play evil).

And it is kind of ironic if people are praising Daisys seduction attempts and then be heavily offended by a shirtless Emperor who is open for romance (if you did not try to kill him before), although in contrast to Daisy he might actually be sincere with his feelings (at least according to the dev notes in the game files).

Anyway, I am glad they added him and replaced Daisy, but the late rewrite shows and I hope in a new edition they will try to add more content to him and to address some of the issues (time line e.g. is really a mess).