Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Jbs
Whenever I see the request of "more levels, plz", I first think of cheap carrots and even cheaper rewards, like a slot machine. Lowest common reward denominators. I just can't help it anymore. smile

Well I am the OP and was asking what the rationale was and also just offering my perspective on how BG3 is playing out for me. Some replies here offered me good perspective I hadn’t considered.

But I thoroughly enjoyed how DOS1 and DOS2 leveled and assumed that BG3 being another Larian game might be similar. I knew there was a cap at level 12 but I assumed we’d keep leveling up to the end of the game and hit level 12 much later.

I didn’t realize that with the DOS franchise that I was playing a slot machine full of cheap carrots…
Divinity RPG system wasn't the best there is compared to other system.

Abstract hit chance. Abstract skill improvement. Abstract damage calculation. Also AP-based combat. Not the best.

The only *good* thing about it I think is the tag system, which make your non-Sebille non-lohse playthrough still feel unique. Moderately.

Also power creep. Every time you level up you risk making your weapon obsolete.

In BG3, it's *very* possible to use Phalar Aluve, a +1 Finesse longsword to the end of the game.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
addict
addict
I have reached level 12 in two of my three playthroughs. I don't mind the level cap. But I keep seeing a barrage of golden numbers lighting up on my screen: experience points. It feels strange to keep gaining experience without any effect. Could there be some minor rewards for the experience surplus? Or could the display of experience gains be turned off, past the level cap? The message I am continuously getting now is: Hurray! You won something! But you are never ever going to be able to make use of it!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard