Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 95 of 156 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 155 156
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I mean if the mods took a half hearted look through this thread it should be obvious theres only 1 MAAAYYBE 2 accounts who are actively trying to de rail and insult the ppl in here and then theres the responses to those insults.

You dont need to lock the thread, just maybe address the singlur issue of the one or two toxic ppl. Which im sure everyone here would be grateful for

Originally Posted by Walking Kole
Karlach has a very strong presence on YouTube and Twitter.

Tumblr too! I'd say she's second only to, well, Astarion on there. Although I may just be following the right people, having no algorithm will do that to you.

On the topic of the thread, I'd really hate to lose the place we can all vent and share news and theories at, just because we refuse to be baited into hating on Larian. Come on.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
It'd be wildly unfair for you to lock a 95 page active thread because like 2 people can't behave.

R
Rae Offline
R
Nobody will lock anything... Time to time is here a smaller beef, few posts and it is over, nothing more. I don't see almost any curse words, no highly offensive behavior. Of course there are exceptions, but in overal this is an oasis of calm smile.

Lets all focus back on Karlach

Originally Posted by Rae
Nobody will lock anything... Time to time is here a smaller beef, few posts and it is over, nothing more. I don't see almost any curse words, no highly offensive behavior. Of course there are exceptions, but in overal this is an oasis of calm smile.

And even if there were any insults, you delete the insulting posts and maybe put a warning to this person. You don't lock an entire ongoing thread. Anyway.

Originally Posted by Rae

This, please.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
The feeling when your creators won't let you come up with a brilliant solution to save Karlach in Act 3

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Hah. Excellent

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Zentu
Okay folks lets calm down, personal insulting is a no no as it attempting to provoke. This thread has already run it's course in my opinion so lets not give us a reason to lock it down.

Yeah whoever made you Mod should rethink their actions, so instead of removing the people from the Thread that are throwing insults around, you rather want this thread closed? The fact that you, since you started commenting in here, only said stuff AGAINST Karlach, makes me feel like you are actively trying to find a way to close this thread, because your favorite companion doesnt have the attention Karlach currently gets. And who even gives you the right to say a thread " has run its course" what kind of goofy thing is that to say? This is a discussion board - what in the hells is wrong with you?

Also, just for my own good feeling, I will report you to some higher ups or admins, whatever. You are proving me more and more that you are willing to use or even abuse your power to go against this thread.

Last edited by Drakaah; 20/10/23 12:29 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Okay folks lets calm down, personal insulting is a no no as it attempting to provoke. This thread has already run it's course in my opinion so lets not give us a reason to lock it down.

Dawg, why are you even here?

You clearly don't care about the threads content.
You don't contribute anything when you post.
You threaten to lock the entire thread.
You don't remove the toxic people who are derailing it.

Just go away and let someone else actually do the job of moderation.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I'm posting this because Reddit user redgoesfaster really brought a point in Nom's post on there:

"Mizora tells wyll if he chooses freedom his father dies - we still save his father after he chooses freedom

The emperor says we cannot free Orpheus because he will kill us - Orpheus does not kill us after we free him and is actually pretty chill

Ethel says we cannot save the child if we kill her - we kill her and save the child

Orin says she will kill our party member if we don't kill Gortash and hurry to her - we spend several weeks at a circus with an angry djinn and still save our companion without fighting Gortash

Mystra/Elminster AND Gale say Gale has to sacrifice himself to destroy the elder brain - we destroy the elder brain with Gale very much in tact

Omeluum says we can't save him and have to go for Ravengard - we save him and Ravengard (he even has a great ability making saving Ravengard easier)

Florrick insists all hope is lost and she has to die in her cell - we very easily convince her she's wrong and rescue her

There are a plethora of times through the game we are told something and prove it to be false. The fact that all the "Karlach's ending makes sense" stans parade what Dammon says (again a self defined APPRENTICE infernal smith) as absolute fact is such a silly hill to die on lol. That's not even going into the 5000 ways in dnd canon that we could save her. The fact is Karlach's ending just doesn't make sense, they could make it make sense and still insist on their shoehorned tragedy because angst=good story telling. But instead they lock it behind "one guy said this is how it have to be so this is how it have to be"."

Now add to this that said apprentice infernal smith later in Act 3 figures out a way to do it, to fix it, lines recorded and all but never made it into the released game - most likely because whatever we'd need for him to help her was actually in either Upper City or Avernus cut content - and you realise that this "we cannot fix her/can't fix her outside of Avernus" is very much bs also.

It's an active choice by Larian devs to pluck that out for whatever reason and it's the most jarring thing there is. Simply because we can do the opposite of what we're told we can, if we try hard enough. The devs said themselves, if players have a thought as to how to solve something and it's unconventional (see, crate stacking your way to 10th floor), it will still exist in the game.

Karlach's no engine fix is, once again, pure bullshit and an active dev choice to cut something that should have been there. For whatever (stupid Imho) opinion.

stranger
stranger
TBH, this thread will run its course if Larian decides to give Karlach a happy ending. Until then, it serves its purpose well - suggestions and venting about Karlach not given a chance to hang out with Clive happily ever after.

Even though your sentiment is quite offensive - threatening to close the thread because of a few people hurling insults - I'll still kindly ask fellow thread mates to try hard and not pick fights with you.

Last edited by SynnLee; 20/10/23 06:01 PM. Reason: Fixed sentence written in a hurry.

Erm, given that I've made this account for this purpose primarily... #JusticeForKarlach!
B
Banned
Banned
B
Keep your copium in high doses then, and in a moment of clarity please tell me why would they waste time and resources if 99% is more than happy with the game as it is?

Originally Posted by BitterSchizo
Keep your copium in high doses then, and in a moment of clarity please tell me why would they waste time and resources if 99% is more than happy with the game as it is?

If that were true, then why bother with any further patches at all, if 99% of the playerbase is happy? Sure, there are a bunch of requested features, but why waste time and resources adding them if they've achieved 99% satisfaction? Why is Minthara back working? Why waste money on new voicelines? Why waste money on epilogues when everybody's happy with the conclusions they've got? Why do any of the things Larian has promised to do?

The answer is that a game like this can be sold multiple times by introducing new eye-catching content. The best way to reel in new players is to expand the story, adding more meat and potatoes to the game. Most new players wouldn't be enticed by wardrobe changes and easier party swap-outs -- that's by and large for the existing playerbase. Far mor buyers would attracted by "New quests! New characters! New zones!" type of content. Everything that Larian does right now is to lay the groundwork for an expansion of the game.

Now, what type of new quests, zones, etc we get in such an enhanced edition is anyone's guess. We may very well only get a padded-out storyline for Karlach (a la Beast) that doesn't provide any different conclusions for her. But, if they do have the engine fix voicelines already recorded, then that means they were on the same wavelength as us, but for whatever reason had to drop that part of her quest. Given that information, and given the fandom's request to see that in the game, the likelihood of them adding what was cut back under a similar form is higher.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Fixing the game does not equal adding new content lol. Once there is little to no bugs they have no reason to waste more of their resources on a game thats already massive success, the obvious move is to move on to the new project just like Sven already did

They are derailing the thread and want to bait you lot with heated arguments. I suggest you avoid these 2 obvious posters and block them.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by BitterSchizo
Fixing the game does not equal adding new content lol. Once there is little to no bugs they have no reason to waste more of their resources on a game thats already massive success, the obvious move is to move on to the new project just like Sven already did

And just like Sven already said, they are not done with BG3 yet, but keep trying to spread your doomer aura in here if you try so hard to the edgy cringelord. Just like Larian did with DoS 2 (which was also pretty successful, not as enormous as BG3, but for Larian standards it was huge back then) and even then they released an Definitve Edition with changed things and added stuff.

Your entire mindset is kinda goofy nontheless. By that logic you'd also say they shouldnt release DLC's, because the basegame is successful enough, so why would they want like 30% (probs more, but in case you wanna be a goofy again and be like " yea no way so many people would buy an dlc" ) of the 5+ million copies sold in DLC sales as well, am I right? Larian doesnt mind wasting millions of dollars there as well.

But I can see that the sole reason for your account is to troll - so now I will just bid you farewell and block you

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Wether its DLC or a DE with extra content or both? and gods willing- a real karlach fix to her story, theres no way that larian wouldnt make s profit on it.

Right now they are adding in easy fixes and easy player feedback requests in patches and hotfixes, Epilogues will also be included before DE thats for sure. But we can see their going down the list of most requested. And karlach ending AND content is high on the list. That being said we cant take larians silence on the issue as a solid *they are ignoring us* as their whole shtik is not releasing rosdmaps or announcing plans early as to not pigeonhold themselves.
Keep the convo goimg keep up the social media requests abd comments. But honestly dont expect an announcment any sooner then like spring of 2024 IF anythings happening

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Folks, we need you to respect moderator guidance in thread. You are welcome to PM us or even report a moderator post if you disagree or have questions, but arguing or insulting moderators in thread is a quick way to get suspended and a terrible way to argue for an outcome you want.

And if you believe a thread is being derailed by specific individuals, please report their posts so we can take a look and potentially deal with them before a thread devolves.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
addict
addict
Z
I dont think Larian is done with it. I would be surprised if they will not do a dlc or an expansion. Ten cent own 30% of the company and they are famus for backstabbing and forcing the develoers to do micro transactions and dlc-s.
And if they are not applying usly they make a copy of the game. The funny thing is that they are usly making more profit from the copy.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Originally Posted by WildOrchid
Originally Posted by Rae

And even if there were any insults, you delete the insulting posts and maybe put a warning to this person. You don't lock an entire ongoing thread. Anyway.

Originally Posted by Rae

This, please.
Oh no, the biggest thread being locked because of one guy... Let's chilli out, that never happened in Larian's community before, right?

Last edited by Feris; 20/10/23 06:10 PM.
Page 95 of 156 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard