Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ravenna_Ravager
Minthara deserves Origin Status just on principle imo. Buggy content etc... I'm working on a playthrough getting her rn. And imo she's just an overall deeper character than Halsin could ever be, Just at first bits of interactions even.

You are wasting your time, unfortunately. She has a lot of bugs and missing content, which Larian seems eagered to ignore altogether. Still nothing noteworthy for her in latest hotfix.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Man Minthara is awesome. Please Larian add a lot more content for her.

stranger
stranger
I second this!

The VA Emma Gregory did an amazing job! The performance is so engaging and reflective of the character.

As someone who was "shelled up" and hated showing weakness growing up, the character writing really gets it right from what I've seen so far, what's there feels very.... familiar haha, has me thinking back on old memories

My save with Minthara in the party was bugged with romance flagging so I took a break and watched a few clips of scenes from the game files & act 3 and wow, she has a lot of really, really good dialogue tucked away ranging from terrifying to melancolic to funny and goofy.

Some of the standouts being:

drow twins, moonrise, the clown, durge interactions, and the scenes about her upbringing
just to name a few

I'm gonna hold out on my current playthrough with her in my party in the hopes that some of the datamined things get added back in or we just get new stuff entirely; Emma Gregory was recently back in the recording studio, presumably for BG3 (no confirmation), and I don't think VA for DLC development would start this early? But you never know, DLC development can start before a game releases, and the game has been wildly successful, an expansion would do very well.

Crazy to think where the character started off in the first EA, hope we get to see more! Fingers crossed.

Last edited by LemonLime; 07/10/23 03:16 AM. Reason: Did strike-throughs instead of spoilers lol
apprentice
apprentice
Okay, then why do the developers themselves call it a romance? And about Halsin, I don't know not interesting character, never ran with him, always killed him

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am at the end of the game with my Minthara bae play-through. I haven't finished it yet because I hope that Larian fixes the romance bug.

veteran
veteran
MInthara's romance is pretty easy to dynamite by accident and then you get the whole "You are bold to seek me out, after sharing your affections with another!" silent treatment loop.

I think it would be better if she would interrupt us immediately and call us out, either while it's happening or right afterwards. Instead of waiting for a camp interaction, since the player can progress quite a ways before realizing and it's annoying to backtrack in Act III where there can be a lot of cutscenes and story progressions before grabbing a room at an Inn. I wasn't sure if it was a bug, but then realized it was the Rapture incident that got under her skin. Backtracking a few hours is always tough, when people would probably just reload sooner if Minthara put us on ice right after the interaction, the same way she might chime in for other plot related line delivery.

veteran
veteran
I love the idea that you didn't realise ... honest Minthara, it ment nothing I was just walking back to your bed roll when I tripped and Shadowheart was naked sunbathing, so my dick landed right into the spot

What are the odds?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
C
stranger
stranger
C
still a lot of bugs. yesterday i talked to Minthara without going to Underdark, and there is a dialog: I talked to Nere...

D
stranger
stranger
D
I finished the game on my Minthara play "lover" play through. Missing out on content because of bugs kinda made it feel like a waste of time. 80 hour waste of time. I would replay all of Act 3 again if it would work properly. I guess I can YouTube the scenes and pretend it happened for me.

apprentice
apprentice
Guys, I recently went through the game a second time and after killing Orin I decided to talk to the new companions opinion and who I hadn't heard from yet and of course Minthara, but instead of telling me how happy she was to take revenge on her, I had the dialog option to ask her why she went over to Gortash's side (WHAT?), and she started saying that strong minded and brave and while Elder Brain is raging and trying to free himself, Gortash is trying to keep things under control and set things right, and advised that we should go and apologize to him for destroying the Steelwatch Guards. WHAT? JUST WHAT? Is this some piece of cut content or what is this even? Where did I suddenly get this dialog from? Has anyone else encountered it? I don't understand how it appeared at all, all the way Minthara didn't show any displeasure and didn't say anything wrong, on the contrary, she even called me "my love" sometimes, there was no hint or suggestion that she would switch to Gortash's side, hell, I didn't even talk to him in this walkthrough. She didn't even go anywhere or leave, she was just on my team and after this conversation she stayed on it too. What the hell is this?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by CosmicMayhem
Minthara deserves Origin Status just on principle imo. Buggy content etc... I'm working on a playthrough getting her rn. And imo she's just an overall deeper character than Halsin could ever be, Just at first bits of interactions even.

You are wasting your time, unfortunately. She has a lot of bugs and missing content, which Larian seems eagered to ignore altogether. Still nothing noteworthy for her in latest hotfix.

Originally Posted by RingRong
Guys, I recently went through the game a second time and after killing Orin I decided to talk to the new companions opinion and who I hadn't heard from yet and of course Minthara, but instead of telling me how happy she was to take revenge on her, I had the dialog option to ask her why she went over to Gortash's side (WHAT?), and she started saying that strong minded and brave and while Elder Brain is raging and trying to free himself, Gortash is trying to keep things under control and set things right, and advised that we should go and apologize to him for destroying the Steelwatch Guards. WHAT? JUST WHAT? Is this some piece of cut content or what is this even? Where did I suddenly get this dialog from? Has anyone else encountered it? I don't understand how it appeared at all, all the way Minthara didn't show any displeasure and didn't say anything wrong, on the contrary, she even called me "my love" sometimes, there was no hint or suggestion that she would switch to Gortash's side, hell, I didn't even talk to him in this walkthrough. She didn't even go anywhere or leave, she was just on my team and after this conversation she stayed on it too. What the hell is this?

See the first quote above

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah yeah, yeah yeah... I know that, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this dialog.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by CosmicMayhem

Oof, regarding I'm still in it for her and I shall see it through.
She deserves it...

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
I love the idea that you didn't realise ... honest Minthara, it ment nothing I was just walking back to your bed roll when I tripped and Shadowheart was naked sunbathing, so my dick landed right into the spot

What are the odds?

I'd suggest the Polyamory mod on Nexus. The modder was one hell of a patient guy and tried to fix as many bugs as he could. He ended up finding out exactly just how broken Minthara's entire scripts, dialogues and storyline were. The thread for that mod has over 1000 posts at this point. It will always be the community that keeps producing what these game companies couldn't be bothered to fix.

Last edited by LordGMLP; 15/10/23 04:14 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by LordGMLP
Originally Posted by Ussnorway

What are the odds?

I'd suggest the Polyamory mod on Nexus. The modder was one hell of a patient guy and tried to fix as many bugs as he could. He ended up finding out exactly just how broken Minthara's entire scripts, dialogues and storyline were. The thread for that mod has over 1000 posts at this point. It will always be the community that keeps producing what these game companies couldn't be bothered to fix.
Got a list of all that? Just wondering for my own knowledge...
Hopefully justice is served.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Here you go. Check the sticky thread from the mod author first, noting how Larian is determined to break our poly-romances.

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1529?tab=posts&BH=0

apprentice
apprentice
Until Minthara is properly fixed I'm still going to use this gigachad mod. I refuse to commit a chaotic evil act just for the sake of recruiting my favorite follower, while losing on f-tone of characters or ignore a whole chunk of content and ruining the personal quest of one of companions.

One can easily unbrainwash Nere (and Stone Lord later on) in the same act if certain requirements met, yet the same can not be applied to Minthy? That's what I see as inconsistent writing + lack of player's agency. We can't even properly probe her mind until Act 2 at Moonrise. What gives?

Also, hat I utterly dislike about companions' interactions - not only reactivity and camp dialogues fall off after Act 1, they also lack any romance content. Pushing romance to Act 1's Gobbo vs Druids party utterly sucks and doesn't show a proper relationship progression. It feels more akin one-night stand than anything. Maybe I'm an old geezer that liked the linear progression of old RPGs like Dragon Age Origins that romance scene was something of a culmination, I dunno.

If there would be any character expansions, Minthara could really use an option for "good path" recruitment and a proper personal quest whenther it involves hunting down Orin or perhaps some Lolth assassins going after her due to her mommy being a petty monster and her turning away from the Spider Queen? It could allow us exploring her as a character, influence her mortality so it's not just the same old "MORE POWAH - LOOK AT ME I'M DROW SO I MUST BE EVIL". Lae'zel, Astarion, Shadowheart/Gale get to grow/degrade as Tav influences them, so... why not Minthy?

#JusticeForMinthara
apprentice
apprentice
Honestly, if she ever gets reworked as origin character - that would be even better. If we get characters who initially, arguably, even more evil than Minthara in her non-brainwashed state, she deserves to shine too. Instead she is utterly limited by that silly exclusivity and terrible misrepresentation in Act 1 given she's nothing but a meat puppet for the Absolute. Of course, most people would go "HA HA I KILLED HER - THROWN HER INTO CHASM - LOOK FUNNY!"

#JusticeForMinthara
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
What pisses me off was how (seemingly) easy it would be for Larian to fix some of the most glaring bugs or poor narrative choices made on Minthara. How hard is it to flip the flag so if you knocked her unconscious in Act 1 at Gobbo camp, she would later appear in Act 2 being judged at the Tower, instead of being left in perma-death state? Heck I accidentally killed Minsc before recruiting him in Act 3 (making Jaheira mad), but reloaded the save and retried non lethal. All went well.

Larian, if you can read this, take it for free and put it in your next patch please. We all know how lazy you went with 'fixing' Karlach's ending in Avernus, so what I just said is the least amount of work on your end.

Last edited by LordGMLP; 20/10/23 01:24 PM.
Originally Posted by LordGMLP
Larian, if you can read this, take it for free and put it in your next patch please. We all know how lazy you went with 'fixing' Karlach's ending in Avernus, so what I just said is the least amount of work on your end.
Let's be fair here the Karlach change was anything but lazy, that took a lot of effort to put together a new scene like that so fast, especially so soon after launch.

Minthara's problems are just... SO extremely weird by comparison to anything else though. The way modders are able to get her working how people expect her to just by editing flags it boggles the mind how Larian's been unable to. I know it's not their top priority it's just WEIRD that Hotfix 5 turned out to fix so little of what it advertised itself to and some mod that's been around longer than the Hotfix had already gotten it right. Having the newest change give her a brand new bug that seems to be purely tied to her approval rating is especially wild.

Page 34 of 39 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard