Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm going to attempt booting an older version of the game following this guide: https://steamlists.com/baldurs-gate-3-how-to-revert-to-an-older-game-version/

For anyone interested, here are the commands with the IDs for the Sept 7 build (the one right before patch 3 on Sept 22)

EXEs (54 MB):
download_depot 1086940 1419652 1020606397334369694

GAME files (102.893 GB):
download_depot 1086940 1086941 6675686295679725197

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by ShakeZula
I'm going to attempt booting an older version of the game following this guide: https://steamlists.com/baldurs-gate-3-how-to-revert-to-an-older-game-version/

For anyone interested, here are the commands with the IDs for the Sept 7 build (the one right before patch 3 on Sept 22)

EXEs (54 MB):

GAME files (102.893 GB):

don't. your saves won't work.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hello,

I've been getting the same problem (crashes loading lower city at 33%). I had just killed Gortash and was on my way to fight Orin.

I DID SOME TESTING AND I FOUND OUT WHAT CAUSED THE CRASHES FOR ME.

It was the Steel Watch trying to arrest me.

If the Steel Watch is trying to arrest me on sight, the game would crash at 33% when trying to load the lower city.
If the Steel Watch is chill, no crash.

Plz test for yourselves, load the latest save you have where the steel watch is not trying to get you and travel to rivington and back to lower city to test.
I lost like 10 hours but I'll deal to save the 100 I put in already.

I'm not sure yet how to kill Gortash without making the Steel Watch angry but I think with this info I can trial and error my way to the end.

Last edited by BarberofSebille; 15/10/23 08:35 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by BarberofSebille

If the Steel Watch is trying to arrest me on sight, the game would crash at 33% when trying to load the lower city.
Are you sure it's not a dead steel watcher with positive HP? That's been the confirmed cause for a lot of people. Seems like a bit of a coincidence that it happened after fighting a bunch of steel watchers!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by pluviophile
Originally Posted by ShakeZula

EXEs (54 MB):

GAME files (102.893 GB):

don't. your saves won't work.

Yeah my plan was to manually edit the save versions with this tool: https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib - it has worked for people previously.
But I can't get the lsx files to convert back to lsf - getting a "key not found error" - I'm thinking the tool isn't quite up to date.

At this point it'd be quicker to just replay from before house of hope (confirmed house of hope is the cause) - or just wait for the next patch.

E
stranger
stranger
E
So I started a new character. Now in Act 3 again. I killed the Ironhands so I had to fight the Steel Watch.
I killed the first Steel Watcher in Rivington. I also killed Gortash in the castle with all other enemies and SWs. The entire Wyrm's Rock is dead. The dragon, SWs, guards, everyone.

Then I move on to Lower City. It went fine. I went back to Wyrm's Rock. Fine.

So I'm not sure what the issue was in my previous game, but no issue from killing Gortash and SWs right after the ceremony. Granted it's the toughest fight. I don't need to go to Iron Throne or SW Foundry anymore.

I'm playing in Story Mode. I'm gonna continue LW, and fast travel back to Wyrm's Rock after a major fight.

L
stranger
stranger
L
so I'm like 90% certain this is the same thing (my conditions and symptoms don't match up EXACTLY but they're extremely similar). so I've already beaten the game and never run into the loading screen crash issue before (so this is happening on my second playthrough on a new character) other than from the main menu if mod loading messed up but this is definitely something in-game because it now fails specifically at going into the Lower City from Wyrm's Rock (note I was literally trying to zone in for my first time on this playthrough so this character hasn't actually even "successfully" been in there yet)

However, where my issue diverges is that, like I said, I have not done a single thing in Lower City yet, I had just finished Gortash's coronation (i.e. not the final showdown) in the keep, all the main big baddies are still alive. and no matter what I try to do with my settings and/or in-game conditions, when I try to zone in to Lower, the loading screen progress bar proceeds and then fails in the exact same way every time but NOT at 33%. Without fail my loading screen chills at 33% for a bit, then 67% for not quite as long, then it says it's at 100% and i can actually hear the sounds from the new zone starting in but I never get any sort of visual, it just CTD's every damn time.

this is on the Steam version, and it does the exact same thing for both Vulkan and DX11. has anyone else experienced my "version" of this? Like maybe it only does 33% on PS5? it's stupid because there aren't actually that many battles/potential for hiccups in that very first act 3 zone yet I've triple checked them and found nothing other than "properly" dead bodies and/or giant blood stains with a "pouch" on the ground where the body had been

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by lolDayus
so I'm like 90% certain this is the same thing (my conditions and symptoms don't match up EXACTLY but they're extremely similar). so I've already beaten the game and never run into the loading screen crash issue before (so this is happening on my second playthrough on a new character) other than from the main menu if mod loading messed up but this is definitely something in-game because it now fails specifically at going into the Lower City from Wyrm's Rock (note I was literally trying to zone in for my first time on this playthrough so this character hasn't actually even "successfully" been in there yet)

However, where my issue diverges is that, like I said, I have not done a single thing in Lower City yet, I had just finished Gortash's coronation (i.e. not the final showdown) in the keep, all the main big baddies are still alive. and no matter what I try to do with my settings and/or in-game conditions, when I try to zone in to Lower, the loading screen progress bar proceeds and then fails in the exact same way every time but NOT at 33%. Without fail my loading screen chills at 33% for a bit, then 67% for not quite as long, then it says it's at 100% and i can actually hear the sounds from the new zone starting in but I never get any sort of visual, it just CTD's every damn time.

this is on the Steam version, and it does the exact same thing for both Vulkan and DX11. has anyone else experienced my "version" of this? Like maybe it only does 33% on PS5? it's stupid because there aren't actually that many battles/potential for hiccups in that very first act 3 zone yet I've triple checked them and found nothing other than "properly" dead bodies and/or giant blood stains with a "pouch" on the ground where the body had been

Yes, one of the players in my MP playthrough is having this exact issue. Sometimes it does load in but the textures/minimap is all messed up and then it crashes as well.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Walkland
Finally found the solution to my crashing, posting it here in case anyone else has a similar problem. Mine was different, in Cazador's palace there's that dead girl that has the sapper curse cast on her, I had dragged that corpse out of the room using a spell so that I could loot the stuff inside the room. That body with the curse had killed the vampire girl on that floor, but she was bugged as dead but with full hp. I hadn't noticed and then went and killed Cazador. Just throwing it out there so folks know it could also be somebody in Cazador's mansion. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks a lot! You've just save my playthrough. Exactly same case.

L
stranger
stranger
L
well I guess I'm either gonna have to just wait until a patch (this has been an issue with no official acknowledgement for like a month now?) or maybe try to find what's bugging out my game. do the "nonzero" corpses despawn like regular ones after a long rest? because if that's the case then my run might just be screwed. but if it isn't, does anyone who's had luck finding their bugged NPC wanna share any tips on locating it? like does it show up on the minimap or is it even highlighted in any way? the only thing I can think which I've already tried was mod my movement speed way up but that didn't help all that much really, it's not that big of a zone

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
well I guess I'm either gonna have to just wait until a patch (this has been an issue with no official acknowledgement for like a month now?) or maybe try to find what's bugging out my game. do the "nonzero" corpses despawn like regular ones after a long rest? because if that's the case then my run might just be screwed. but if it isn't, does anyone who's had luck finding their bugged NPC wanna share any tips on locating it? like does it show up on the minimap or is it even highlighted in any way? the only thing I can think which I've already tried was mod my movement speed way up but that didn't help all that much really, it's not that big of a zone

They do despawn. Your only hope when that happens is to reload an older save (either from before the fight or before you long rested). They acknowledged the bug for the first time last week so hopefully the upcoming patch will include a fix (whenever that is). Tracking the bugged NPC down can tricky since it can happen to any enemy. You can look through this thread to see some of the more common enemies that were affected.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 17/10/23 08:47 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Person in my group gets this in the lower city too sometimes (along with crashing every 3-5 mins in lower city). No characters or minimap are visible (although game runs for a while).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Morrison Cole; 18/10/23 04:43 AM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
yep some of my players have the same issue

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by michu_zh
(The guide posted on page 10 about having the guy who is crashing host)
I know a lot of people are having separate issues with this current iteration of the game but I wanted to at least let you know that this worked for me. Gave the save to my buddy, he loads and plays fine. We go back to me hosting, game just completely bricks for him the moment he joins. No clue why, but this seems like a definitive fix if you're having the issue where only one person is crashing in multiplayer as opposed to the body bug people are having in here. Hope you boys get a fix soon.

Last edited by DregsWins; 19/10/23 02:24 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=911649#Post911649

Yes, pretty sure I'm having the exact same issue. Let me knkw if you find a solution please.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by MojoBeast
Originally Posted by BarberofSebille

Are you sure it's not a dead steel watcher with positive HP? That's been the confirmed cause for a lot of people. Seems like a bit of a coincidence that it happened after fighting a bunch of steel watchers!

My second playthrough crashes upon sleeping (invisible loading screen?) having killed only not-Dribbles and his allies and a few Steel Watch in Wyrm's Rock, so I definitely think there's an issue with the metal pricks as my doomed 33% trip to the iron throne on playthrough 1 also coincided with a slaughter at the foundry. Not very easy to pick up their bodies, either...

F
stranger
stranger
F
First play, On ACT 3 (confronted Rapha, solve the water mistery sub, etc). I found a way to kill the dragon under Wyrms Crossing. Went back and afterwards CANT TELEPORT, WALK OR LOAD anything that puts me back inside Lower City or BG city. It's been like this for months. KINDLY fix this, its really frustrating. Specially since i love this game so much.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Not sure if anyone else already knows this, but Larian finally responded to my bug report! Apparently it is a known issue:

Thank you so much for your report and for all your support! The team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating it

O
stranger
stranger
O
Hello. It's seems like some people have the problem since one month. I just had this, and i don't wantr to reload a past save. Do you think the next patch will come quickly ?

That is very sad for ppl who have this bug since one month.

Hope they do it quickly.. I want to play the game !

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by OneSpread
Hello. It's seems like some people have the problem since one month. I just had this, and i don't wantr to reload a past save. Do you think the next patch will come quickly ?

That is very sad for ppl who have this bug since one month.

Hope they do it quickly.. I want to play the game !

Patch 4 is currently being play tested. I'm guessing it will come out late next week. I'm hoping it will fix this and the other mountain of issues introduced by patch 3.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 21/10/23 10:06 PM.
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard