Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Well, hopefully as advertised hotfix 10 did fix the follow issue with Shadowheart, but it seems to have made Halsin worse frown He now no longer starts following my party again on reload. On the plus side, this has made it possible to send a save game showing the problem to Larian so I have now submitted a bug report. On the minus, this takes having him in the party from inconvenient to unplayable. Ah well, there was a hotfix for Shadowheart, so hopefully if the Halsin bug is now replicable there'll be one for him, too!

EDIT: Hmm, actually Halsin wouldn't follow my party in Owlbear shape, but after he turned back into an elf he started following again. I'll keep him in the party for a bit longer to try to work out what's going on!

Last edited by The Red Queen; 09/11/23 11:46 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Well, hopefully as advertised hotfix 10 did fix the follow issue with Shadowheart, but it seems to have made Halsin worse frown He now no longer starts following my party again on reload. On the plus side, this has made it possible to send a save game showing the problem to Larian so I have now submitted a bug report. On the minus, this takes having him in the party from inconvenient to unplayable. Ah well, there was a hotfix for Shadowheart, so hopefully if the Halsin bug is now replicable there'll be one for him, too!

EDIT: Hmm, actually Halsin wouldn't follow my party in Owlbear shape, but after he turned back into an elf he started following again. I'll keep him in the party for a bit longer to try to work out what's going on!
I have the opposite problem where Halsin will not follow in elf form. Restarting the game, reloading from a hard save, having Halsin leave and rejoin the party all do not work...

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by fightinfilipino
I have the opposite problem where Halsin will not follow in elf form. Restarting the game, reloading from a hard save, having Halsin leave and rejoin the party all do not work...

I just had this, too, at the beginning of Act 3, and tried the same things as you. Only using wildshape made him start following again. And he continued to do so even after he then turned back into an elf, though probably not for long on recent form.

The good news is that I have had acknowledgement of my bug report from Larian, and they asked me a couple of follow-up questions, so that suggests it's being looked into.

EDIT: Just played around a bit more, and interestingly turning into his personal Cave Bear form didn't make him start following, whereas turning into an Owlbear or Polar Bear did. (I somehow can't feel its right to make him turn into something that's not even slightly a bear smile).
EDIT AGAIN: No, ignore me. The Cave Bear does work to make him start following again, it's just that he happened to be standing in the back room at Arfur's in Rivington when I was playing around with this, and it seems as though the Cave Bear form won't fit through the door!

Last edited by The Red Queen; 11/11/23 06:08 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
I also had the bug where Halsin stopped following in elf form. Changing into and then back out of owlbear form fixed it.

A
A
It's definitely not wildshape that causes the bug to start; I've never used wildshape with him. I'll have to try putting him into wildshape and then back to see if it fixes it.

Save/reload has not worked for me; neither has killing him.

EDIT: Wildshaping him into Cave Bear and back fixed the issue, at least temporarily.

Last edited by Asri; 12/11/23 04:53 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I got a message from Larian support yesterday saying "The team is aware of Halsin not following the party after combat and it will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix or patch." I guess we just have to hope that it's going to be an imminent hotfix or patch!

Last edited by The Red Queen; 12/11/23 04:42 PM.

veteran
veteran
I got a message from Larian support yesterday saying "The team is aware of Halsin not following the party after combat and it will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix or patch." I guess we just have to hope that it's going to be an imminent hotfix or patch!
approvegauntlet

Does Halsin have any barks for you? Wondering if I should report or if it is a known bug?

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Icelyn
approvegauntlet

Does Halsin have any barks for you? Wondering if I should report or if it is a known bug?

Now you say that, I don't think he does. Definitely worth reporting.

I'm also still playing around with the not-following bug. I think he only starts following again now if I *both* save/reload and use wildshape.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I think it has something to do with your conversation with halsin it seems to be broken.

veteran
veteran
i found for me that turning him into a bear and back helped but anytime you load a save it breaks him again

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard