Print Thread
Page 72 of 93 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 92 93
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Noelle666
Originally Posted by AmayaTenjo
None of us have an issue with Halsin shooting his shot. Again, him being open to a threeple situation is not the issue. The problems come about after you tell him no whe romancing SH and/or Astarion, or when you solo romance him.
Yes, nothing against poly things, but these poly things need to be updated/rewritten to fit healthy polygamy/polyamory. So, I guess, it would be ok to probably get rid of his "fluid" thing. Or this "fliud" thing also needs to be updated.

This I think would help a lot. Just drop the fluid and strict non manogamy thing. He can still shoot his shot, he can still be part of an existing "romance" but if he only wants Tav as he SAYS SO HIMSELF then he only wants Tav and we dont need that whole iT gOeS aGaInSt NaTuRe bullcrap

veteran
veteran
But its also really difficult to not bring up the "poly" thing because they wrote it in such a way you cant seperate it from the character, or his sexual deviancy.

Again, I've only seen the Halsin romance via youtube and I don't really have a problem with it. It is the best representation of ENM relationships possible? Obviously not. Does he seem unlike any poly people I've met. NO. I've dated someone attitudes very much like Halsin minus the nature references . . .

Now I understand why some people see him as sex pest and that should be removed. Do I want the SH flirting removed? No.

BUT what I want more than that is for people like @Icelyn to be happy. My read on the EA Halsin thirst was that people were looking for someone with more of a 'daddy' feel and less of a nature boy feel.

What doesn't help that cause is using words like 'deviancy' and 'degeneracy'. My friendly recommendation is for advocates to avoid using them for both practical and for ethical reasons. Practically if makes you less effective advocate, ethically some us who are actually poly feel like you are calling them deviants.

Best to avoid smile

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by TheOracle
I've been encouraged to make a thread on poly using this commentary. I don't think it'd be a good idea. Given I'd just be repeating what has been said here and on the SH thread thousands of times already. We can discuss this for fun, but the forum has already given their view of this, all we can do is wait on larian to do anything about it. they are certainly aware of it at least.

oh, and I want to express my admiration for Michieltjuhh, I've never seen analysis so articulate and concise over a fictional videogame romance, as I saw on the other thread, very well done! smile

though I will make a separate thread if that's wanted (as long as the mods are okay with it) I won't participate in any discussion, and again sorry if this is off-topic, I don't want to step on any toes here

Haha, thank you, not sure if that's meant to be a positive or if it means I've spent too much time thinking about it though. shadowheartgiggle

Your reddit post was excellent as well. Unfortunately it'll probably not gain too much traction as it's a relatively niche problem and only one aspect of Halsin's overall issues (his entire romance and general act 3 writing). But it's good people still talk about it.

I doubt patch 4 will bring any big changes to Halsin, but I have hope that the future holds some (and, by proxy, changes to those his writing affects).

L
L
Please help, I can't find this information anywhere. How do you mute a user on this forum?

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Liarie
Please help, I can't find this information anywhere. How do you mute a user on this forum?
I assume you're trying to mute the same person I already muted so I will gladly help you. Click their name, go to view profile, then ignore is on the bottom.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
Haha, thank you, not sure if that's meant to be a positive or if it means I've spent too much time thinking about it though. shadowheartgiggle

Your reddit post was excellent as well. Unfortunately it'll probably not gain too much traction as it's a relatively niche problem and only one aspect of Halsin's overall issues (his entire romance and general act 3 writing). But it's good people still talk about it.

I doubt patch 4 will bring any big changes to Halsin, but I have hope that the future holds some (and, by proxy, changes to those his writing affects).

It's positive lmao, myself and I'm sure most people in this thread and the other have spent an unhealthy amount of time contemplating these characters. I don't expect it to go anywhere either, just wanted to write down my thoughts, and then figured I might as well make it an open letter lol

oh, and I absolutely have to know where SH says she wants a family with kids. I don't know what the male version of "screaming ovaries" is, but this fictional character is giving me that. do you have a video of it? Might have to play the game all over again because it seems I missed a lot of dialogue

Last edited by TheOracle; 24/10/23 06:59 PM.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B

It's positive lmao, myself and I'm sure most people in this thread and the other have spent an unhealthy amount of time contemplating these characters. I don't expect it to go anywhere either, just wanted to write down my thoughts, and then figured I might as well make it an open letter lol

oh, and I absolutely have to know where SH says she wants a family with kids. I don't know what the male version of "screaming ovaries" is, but this fictional character is giving me that. do you have a video of it? Might have to play the game all over again because it seems I missed a lot of dialogue
I have video of it. Basically you have to go almost the entire game without asking her "What do you think of all that's happened to us so far?" and if you can manage to do that when you ask her sometime in act 3(I don't know when exactly), this is the response you'll get.
https://i.imgur.com/mA2Lsxo.mp4

Last edited by Bigli; 24/10/23 07:03 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
What doesn't help that cause is using words like 'deviancy' and 'degeneracy'. My friendly recommendation is for advocates to avoid using them for both practical and for ethical reasons. Practically if makes you less effective advocate, ethically some us who are actually poly feel like you are calling them deviants.

Just echoing this. And requesting that folk use the post report functionality to let us know of language that fails to show appropriate sensitivity to the fact that this topic has implications for peoples’ real lives. That way we can put a stop to it before it gets the thread locked.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

Just echoing this. And requesting that folk use the post report functionality to let us know of language that fails to show appropriate sensitivity to the fact that this topic has implications for peoples’ real lives. That way we can put a stop to it before it gets the thread locked.

Duely noted, I will no longer use those terms

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Bigli

I have video of it. Basically you have to go almost the entire game without asking her "What do you think of all that's happened to us so far?" and if you can manage to do that when you ask her sometime in act 3(I don't know when exactly), this is the response you'll get.

How do they expect anyone to not ask her that though? I always asking the companions everything I can even if it repeats. Everytime I go to camp, long rest, or change areas I talk to them to see if theres anything new. Its how I got Halsin's dialogue about his feelings about leaving the grove.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B

How do they expect anyone to not ask her that though? I always asking the companions everything I can even if it repeats. Everytime I go to camp, long rest, or change areas I talk to them to see if theres anything new. Its how I got Halsin's dialogue about his feelings about leaving the grove.
I don't think you're expected to but rather that it's bugged. Once you ask her that question it turns into something else and locks you out of asking it for the rest of the game.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
One can only assume it's a bug. There's no reason that it would update while only available a single time (and it can be asked the moment you meet her on the beach). It turns into the other repeatable question which answer doesn't update, so they probably just messed something up.

For what it's worth, while Halsin has the same writer and thus also a similar dialogue option (great addition, other companions should really get this too), I don't think Halsin has this issue, since his 'permanent' dialogue doesn't have a one-time different version upon meeting him.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
One can only assume it's a bug. There's no reason that it would update while only available a single time (and it can be asked the moment you meet her on the beach). It turns into the other repeatable question which answer doesn't update, so they probably just messed something up.

For what it's worth, while Halsin has the same writer and thus also a similar dialogue option (great addition, other companions should really get this too), I don't think Halsin has this issue, since his 'permanent' dialogue doesn't have a one-time different version upon meeting him.

I really do wish he had more to say, I was so surprised he had NOTHING to day about Gale when we met with his grandad, The Creche and Lae'zel, or the myconids.

N
addict
addict
N

Good post!

Who made this one though ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...nd_shadowheart_problem_more_mature_take/

Last edited by Netav; 24/10/23 09:36 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Pretty amazing..
Just take a look the dude says evrything..haha

Last edited by Thorvic; 24/10/23 10:07 PM.
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Netav

Good post!

Who made this one though ?

That would definitely solve the SH issue

T
stranger
stranger
T
Lmao two walls of text on Halsin, merely a few hours apart, he didn't even get downvoted to oblivion as mine did.
With how much noise this issue seems to be generating, they might fix it just so people will stop bugging them about it at this point

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Lmao two walls of text on Halsin, merely a few hours apart, he didn't even get downvoted to oblivion as mine did.
With how much noise this issue seems to be generating, they might fix it just so people will stop bugging them about it at this point
Both were downvoted pretty heavily. Reddit is very pro poly and they will not allow anything that opposes their views on relationships. If you made the opposite post praising Halsin/Shadowheart's poly aspects it would shoot up to the front 100% guaranteed.

L
L
Both were downvoted pretty heavily. Reddit is very pro poly and they will not allow anything that opposes their views on relationships. If you made the opposite post praising Halsin/Shadowheart's poly aspects it would shoot up to the front 100% guaranteed.

Well, hopefully Larian doesn't take Blizzard's route and cater to the vocal few.

old hand
old hand
I just realized that Halsin's VA does one of the guards outside Moonrise's main entrance. Crap, I'll never be able to unhear Halsin welcoming me to Moonrise now. crazy

Page 72 of 93 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard