Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
Z
addict
addict
Z
Here is why I think tactician is to easy part 25-26.

I have to say again Ansur is the best boss figth in the game the only one that was challenging. I needed to drink potions like it was an infusion. I needed to do some serious tactical combat to avoid the damage. Well I still think the AC of the dragon is still to low and its a little bit stupid that he kills his own summons . And it's really stupid if he fall's into the casm. But it was a fun fight and hou designed this fight needs to redesign all combat encounters in the game. Because the rest isn't fun challenging or in any shape hard.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Here's is why I think tactician is to easy part 27-28.

Little bit comment some ppl on this forum pointed out that the house of grief isn't possible solo. Well I don't find it so hard I just needed 1 necrotic resistance potion. But I don't wanted to fight 6 hours so I used a few explosive arrows.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 08/11/23 12:48 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Here is why I think tactician is to easy part 29-30.

Well Casador was a joke but I hoped to succeed the ritual I had bad luck. I think lthis is the most unlucky gameplay I ever had. I also found out that charlatan background have so few inspirational bonuses. Someone at this thread sayed how I will deal with Casador. Well like it was a zombie beating him with my positioned flail smile
BTW I am sorry i needed to change some settings because this was after a new hotfix and it setted back the mature slider to default...

Well for solo gameplay the games difficulty is easy but the dialogs and the luck of inspiration cut the game almost to half.

This is why I think challenge should not be based on a single character it should be based to 4. For example dialogue checks desisions are really challenging and punishing with solo gameplay. But the combat isn't.
So the combat difficulty of the game should be raised equally to the dialogue difficulty. I hope it makes some sense.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 08/11/23 01:56 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Here is why I think tactician is to easy part 30-31.

Feedback Raphael and Casador.
They need bigger armor class and bigger attack. I had around 32 armor class and after this figth almost nothing can hit this amount. It's literally unkillable and allmost all of the time I was hitting every single thing 80-90 %. This is a joke .
If I would go with dexterity instead of charisma I could easily reach 36 armor class w/o haste with just shield of faith.
That's technically means I could go with two handed weapon and mastery to do ridiculous amount of dmg like 2 d6+ 29 + 1d4 + 1d8 . And I don't counted poison or elemental wepon buff or the possibility to ascended as Astarion or smites as a single class. I wanted to show Ascended Astarion but I gad bad luck and you know I promised no save scuming.

Well I had really a different idea with my build but the bad luck defined where I went. So I became the mocking anti paladin vampire. But in the I kind a liked it.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 09/11/23 12:23 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z

I also want to mention that after patch 4 I had to push my self to finish this video series. Because the game is almost unplayable and that everyone will see.
But big YouTubeers are starting to see this as well. And also the difficulty problem.

Z
addict
addict
Z
This is why I think tactician is to easy part 33-35.

Orin and Sarevok the joke bosses of this game even a bane priest could do more damage to me. It's a complete joke from Bhaal chosen. I have to say how many times I needed to reload in Baldur's Gate 1 to beat Sarevok. It's a joke both of them don't have any armor class attack and resistance or saving trove .....

The Hag is another joke I could even dance in the middle and she whould kill her self.

Z
addict
addict
Z
This is why I think tactician is to easy part 36-37.

So the last 4 feedback video i captured after patch 4 the quality of the game drastically dropped. I tryed to make it somehow enjoyable but no matter what setting I used it was horrible.
I had to push myself multiple time to record it. I crashed multiple times so I needed to recapture a lot. Somtime I needed to wait minutes to load the textures. And the last 2 video is horrible elder brain and the big encounter before.

The cinematic elements are disgustingly not loading it felt like watching Gollum.

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Let’s stop posting more and more vids, at least unless someone asks. I think that you’ve made your position clear, ZOZO1006, but it’s got to the point now I’m getting complaints about spam.

Though if anyone is finding these vids useful and actually requests more, that will be a different matter!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Let’s stop posting more and more vids, at least unless someone asks. I think that you’ve made your position clear, ZOZO1006, but it’s got to the point now I’m getting complaints about spam.

Though if anyone is finding these vids useful and actually requests more, that will be a different matter!

Umm, I do watch Zozo and find these vids fascinating and I'm generally coming here to see if he uploaded more.

I wonder who finds it annoying... regardless, at least Zozo keeps this topic alive cause I do agree that Tactician needs an overhaul cause as of now this difficulty is a joke. Zozo further proves it.

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Thanks, Nicottia! As I said, if folk are finding the vids useful and interesting that’s a different matter.

I will say, though, that if others want change, it would be good to engage and comment so it looks less like one person just bumping the thread again and again. I’m guessing that Larian are more likely to make changes if there’s a wide audience calling for them, whereas one person isn’t going to make much of a difference no matter how often they post! That is, if this is an issue you care about, then it may be best not to leave ZOZO1006 to do all the posting smile

EDIT: Just reread that and wanted to make clear that final “you” was plural and a suggestion for anyone finding Tactician too easy, and not intended to be directed specifically at Nicottia!

Last edited by The Red Queen; 09/11/23 09:00 PM.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Z
addict
addict
Z
I just need to upload the last 2 final video where I beated the hole game w/o any bull.... after that I posted my feedback and I will not post anything more because then all those ppl hou want to prevent other likeminded gamers to have a higher difficulty cannot argue anymore. Because a casual player beated the game like it's intended no cheese no death prebuff multi class tadpole oweresting.

But its very interesting that you hou told me that I should pm you if I have some problem with harassment. Now you are not pm me with the issue. Instead you forbidden me to give my feedback in a feedback thread. Hmmm intresting moderation.
What did I do what is against the rules??? Especially in a feedback thread.???

enthusiast
enthusiast
I will say, though, that if others want change, it would be good to engage and comment so it looks less like one person just bumping the thread again and again. I’m guessing that Larian are more likely to make changes if there’s a wide audience calling for them, whereas one person isn’t going to make much of a difference no matter how often they post! That is, if this is an issue you care about, then it may be best not to leave ZOZO1006 to do all the posting smile

I did post on this thread at least once before, cause like so many others I do find tactician difficulty waaaaaaay too easy and I was also planning to record something, not solo like Zozo did, but more of a meme fight and post it here but I have not gotten quite there on my current save.

Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I just need to upload the last 2 final video where I beated the hole game w/o any bull.... after that I posted my feedback and I will not post anything more because then all those ppl hou want to prevent other likeminded gamers to have a higher difficulty cannot argue anymore. Because a casual player beated the game like it's intended no cheese no death prebuff multi class tadpole oweresting.

Well, know that at least one person wants to see how you finish the game solo (really looking forward to the Netherbrain fight). smile

Last edited by Nicottia; 09/11/23 09:40 PM.
Z
addict
addict
Z
Well it actually went really bad because I never used the emperor and I didn't know that he is entering the portal alone so I needed to abandon the red dragon. And runned to defend him. I could kill the dragon to but I always used Orpheus and he isn't so stupid to enter alone. And I don't wanted to fail it is what it is .

I just had so many f. Ups in this run I forget the hammer smile it was another nail In my coffin.

Tomorrow I will post it with my last feedback and how they can improve. If the moderators will allow the freedom of speech and posting videos.

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator

But its very interesting that you hou told me that I should pm you if I have some problem with harassment. Now you are not pm me with the issue. Instead you forbidden me to give my feedback in a feedback thread. Hmmm intresting moderation.
What did I do what is against the rules??? Especially in a feedback thread.???

I have already replied to your PM on this topic, which was of course fine. Whereas arguing in thread is not. But as you asked publicly I’ll also respond here that what is against forum rules is spam, repetitive posting or repeatedly bumping a thread. And I’m afraid that when I received a complaint about this thread and looked to see more than a page of posts from one person, that’s what this looked like to me and hence why I asked you to stop unless someone showed an interest.

Which Nicottia did, and which I had already acknowledged before your own post and PM. So yes, in light of that it’s fine to post your last vids. And as I also said in my PM, once you’d told me there were only going to be two more, I’d have said to go ahead anyway, even without an expression of interest.

I hope that clarifies, but if anyone has any further questions or comments about moderation please do PM me rather than discussing here and derailing this thread.

And, as an aside, I’m afraid that people can, and probably will, argue no matter what we post to try to make our own case smile That’s unfortunately just something we all need to live with on a forum like this.

Z
addict
addict
Z
This is why I think tactician is to easy part 38-39 final.

First of all I am sorry for the quality but it isn't my fault patch 4 breaking this game but this is another feedback. But I have to say I could bealry concentrate to the actual game because I was mad about the statter the enemy slow reaction. And the textures not loading. So I am sorry that this happened for the final figth but it's completely patch 4 fault.

Final conclusion enemy's are standing dumb because the don't have the tool's to anything with high armor class saves. No spells and abilities. And in the meantime I had 98% chance to hit almost all time.
So I think the main issue in the game that when the ai cannot deal with me they are dooing nothing. Because they don't have tools to do anything. For example don't have bless magical weapons or anything to boost they attack. I also think critical immune system is broken it should not exist in this game.

But the main issue is I don't need to rest 3 more party members tadpole prebuff ambush or ressurection save scuming cheese the game. Kind a imagine if I had tadpole prebuff rest and 3 more party member how uninteresting whould be for me to finish the game.

And it's still not challenging it just makes the game more boring to wait 300 turn to get 1 action.
Hell almost all the time I just used haste if I had or elixir of blood to speed up a little bit. Or I could make from this 40 run min 80 hours .
The game needs a harder difficulty.
And for those ppl hou are reporting me I ask 1 questions.
If had the opportunity to go to an ice shop and there are only lemon vanil and caramel ice. And someone in the line ask next time can we have chocolate too????
Why is that a physical pain for you????
Dos it hurt??? That someone can eat chocolate????
I honestly don't know what to say. And the fact that someone convinced the moderator is mind blowing.

So I proved I did it as a casual dad hou is dieing in every other game.

No death (only time I died it was because of a geometry bug) only rested when the game forced me no tadpole no respec no multi class no ambush no prebuff no cheese no broken item combination no exploit no barrels no save scuming. And I think It was a really unlucky run with a lot of bugs and I kind a did a lot of dumb mistakes but this is normal from the casual dad. So thx for the patience and I really hope some developers look on this issue and makes the game replayable for those ppl hou are not just here for the Bearsex.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 10/11/23 11:04 AM.
C
C
Thanks, Nicottia! As I said, if folk are finding the vids useful and interesting that’s a different matter.

EDIT: Just reread that and wanted to make clear that final “you” was plural and a suggestion for anyone finding Tactician too easy, and not intended to be directed specifically at Nicottia!
People complaining about people complaining about the game being too easy? That's a bit hypocritical judgemental my Red Queen.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Originally Posted by crst
People complaining about people complaining about the game being too easy? That's a bit hypocritical judgemental my Red Queen.

It would appear you did not whole read the post your referencing. Red Queen was commenting that just a few people discussing this was less likely to get a response than if a more diverse set of voices was heard on the topic. There was no judgement.

old hand
old hand
This is why I think tactician is to easy part 38-39 final.

First of all I am sorry for the quality but it isn't my fault patch 4 breaking this game but this is another feedback. But I have to say I could bealry concentrate to the actual game because I was mad about the statter the enemy slow reaction. And the textures not loading. So I am sorry that this happened for the final figth but it's completely patch 4 fault.

(deleted vids from quote)

Final conclusion enemy's are standing dumb because the don't have the tool's to anything with high armor class saves. No spells and abilities. And in the meantime I had 98% chance to hit almost all time.
So I think the main issue in the game that when the ai cannot deal with me they are dooing nothing. Because they don't have tools to do anything. For example don't have bless magical weapons or anything to boost they attack. I also think critical immune system is broken it should not exist in this game.

But the main issue is I don't need to rest 3 more party members tadpole prebuff ambush or ressurection save scuming cheese the game. Kind a imagine if I had tadpole prebuff rest and 3 more party member how uninteresting whould be for me to finish the game.

And it's still not challenging it just makes the game more boring to wait 300 turn to get 1 action.
Hell almost all the time I just used haste if I had or elixir of blood to speed up a little bit. Or I could make from this 40 run min 80 hours .
The game needs a harder difficulty.
And for those ppl hou are reporting me I ask 1 questions.
If had the opportunity to go to an ice shop and there are only lemon vanil and caramel ice. And someone in the line ask next time can we have chocolate too????
Why is that a physical pain for you????
Dos it hurt??? That someone can eat chocolate????
I honestly don't know what to say. And the fact that someone convinced the moderator is mind blowing.

So I proved I did it as a casual dad hou is dieing in every other game.

No death (only time I died it was because of a geometry bug) only rested when the game forced me no tadpole no respec no multi class no ambush no prebuff no cheese no broken item combination no exploit no barrels no save scuming. And I think It was a really unlucky run with a lot of bugs and I kind a did a lot of dumb mistakes but this is normal from the casual dad. So thx for the patience and I really hope some developers look on this issue and makes the game replayable for those ppl hou are not just here for the Bearsex.

First of all, I want to say I appreciate the work you've done and time you spent on making and posting these video's very much. There is no better way to show your point. Great job.

It's a lot to go through however, and from the start I was especially curious to see you handle the Githyanki patrol in chapter 1. This is one of the hardest encounters in the first part IMO, because, if they got the initiativeI had at least one member down before I even had the chance to act.
When I found the clip, your PC was already much more powerful than I would imagine. Where did you get these spears from that do so much damage ? Even La'zel whacking with the everburning sword didn't do so much damage in my plays. And I searched all of the surface, even Ethel's place before facing the Githyanki...
And then.... picking up a guy in armor and throwing from the scaffold. Really ? Yea well the game allows it, but really ? And then complain that it's not hard enough ? I think we can consider this a bug also, unless you drank a hill giant strength potion.

So I tried to backup in time to find out where you got these weapons and armor from and that's where things get difficult as it's very hard to trace back these kinds of things.
However, I came upon the fight in the marshes against the mud mephits.
Your PC jumped on a rock and none of the mephits nor Wood Woads could reach him. They just hung there while Astarion shot them down one after the other. That's clearly a bug you were abusing, right ? And how did you know that on that particular stone you'd be safe. So yea I think that there was some cheesiness involved here. Why didn't you descend from that rock and fight them in earnest to really measure the difficulty of the fight ?

I started my 2nd PT about 3 weeks ago, and when I came in this spot, I wanted to check this thing out and it was impossible for me to jump on that stone, so it looks like that bug was repaired meanwhile.

Please don't take this comment wrong. You showed in all honesty how the game becomes too easy. It's not an easy task to watch it completely , though I would really like to know how in the seven hells you got 32 AC, and it is difficult to skip and find the parts that show exactly where you got your power. But it does look like you made use of foreknowledge of bugs and weaknesses of the game, right ? So a new level of difficulty won't help much, unless these bugs and weaknesses are eliminated first. Like the mephit scene would just have taken maybe twice as long to shoot them all down from that unassailable rock if there was a hard level where they had intrinsically twice as many HP and higher AC and could do more damage, but still couldn't reach you anyway.

Z
addict
addict
Z
So to about the patrol I got the initiative because I used the suprise potion. And if i remember is used during this fight a hill giant potion mybe.
I used the returning pike at the begging of the game.

About the Memphits so is used protection from evil and they don't shooted at me because they had disadvantage and - 2 attack from low ground. And I exceed they hit chance.
In this game if you exceed the hit chance some monster enemies are just standing and some of them attacking.

About armor class. 1+ bard gloves +1 boots +1 balduran helmet + 1 figthing style +1 cape + 1 flail +3 shield +21 armor +2 shield of faith.
Originally I planned a different build with persistence armor.
But it just went everything bad and Damion died.

Than I had the idea to push my dexterity to 22. But along the run I promised here not to respec my character. So I needed another idea this is why in the end I when with vicious mockery.
And 24 charisma because that was the only option.

And if you wonder why I had such a huge dmg with that flail.
I dubble boosted my damage with charisma as an oath breaker. With arcane circlet and in the late game with the ring and vicious mockery. That is stand alone 14+ bonus damage on the top of +4 str. Just because I had no other options left.

Also I could do this without elixirs but the the amount of time it whould take to beat the game would be exponential.
And I also wanted to point out that I think all of them are broken not just giant str. Its to easy access.
I needed to choose lot of resting or potions and scrolls.
But i really don't wanted to smite all of my enemies then rest and repeating everything ower and ower. It whould be way more booring for me and for every single one hou is intrested.

BTW I really needed to finish the run. Because my wife is going back to work and we have a 2 year old at home so. Few weeks later I could not do this any more.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 10/11/23 09:53 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
First of all, I want to say I appreciate the work you've done and time you spent on making and posting these video's very much. There is no better way to show your point. Great job.

It's a lot to go through however, and from the start I was especially curious to see you handle the Githyanki patrol in chapter 1. This is one of the hardest encounters in the first part IMO, because, if they got the initiativeI had at least one member down before I even had the chance to act.
When I found the clip, your PC was already much more powerful than I would imagine. Where did you get these spears from that do so much damage ? Even La'zel whacking with the everburning sword didn't do so much damage in my plays. And I searched all of the surface, even Ethel's place before facing the Githyanki...
And then.... picking up a guy in armor and throwing from the scaffold. Really ? Yea well the game allows it, but really ? And then complain that it's not hard enough ? I think we can consider this a bug also, unless you drank a hill giant strength potion.

So I tried to backup in time to find out where you got these weapons and armor from and that's where things get difficult as it's very hard to trace back these kinds of things.
However, I came upon the fight in the marshes against the mud mephits.
Your PC jumped on a rock and none of the mephits nor Wood Woads could reach him. They just hung there while Astarion shot them down one after the other. That's clearly a bug you were abusing, right ? And how did you know that on that particular stone you'd be safe. So yea I think that there was some cheesiness involved here. Why didn't you descend from that rock and fight them in earnest to really measure the difficulty of the fight ?

I started my 2nd PT about 3 weeks ago, and when I came in this spot, I wanted to check this thing out and it was impossible for me to jump on that stone, so it looks like that bug was repaired meanwhile.

Please don't take this comment wrong. You showed in all honesty how the game becomes too easy. It's not an easy task to watch it completely , though I would really like to know how in the seven hells you got 32 AC, and it is difficult to skip and find the parts that show exactly where you got your power. But it does look like you made use of foreknowledge of bugs and weaknesses of the game, right ? So a new level of difficulty won't help much, unless these bugs and weaknesses are eliminated first. Like the mephit scene would just have taken maybe twice as long to shoot them all down from that unassailable rock if there was a hard level where they had intrinsically twice as many HP and higher AC and could do more damage, but still couldn't reach you anyway.

This kind of sounds like, "I see you can beat it using your tactics, but can you beat it using my tactics?"

Regarding the Mud Mephits, for instance, using the terrain effectively isn't a bug. It's being smart about how you're engaging the enemy. Also, it's not a bug. If you couldn't get on that stone, it was probably because your strength was too low. I occasionally have characters misty step there during that fight. Not always, but sometimes.

A big part of the game (from a tactical point of view) is reading what the equipment does and figuring out how to use it effectively. Some things synergize well. I would say that's more paying attention than relying on exploits and bugs.

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard