Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
M
stranger
stranger
M
5.2 million copies sold on steam @ $89.95 AUD alone.... that's roughly 467 million Australian dollars... Surely some people can be employed to help fix bugs, address the promises that have been made and help deliver information to the paying customers; and there be plenty of money left over for a bed made of cash for the main devs to sleep in? just seems like they are "taking the piss" at this stage with not giving any update at all as to promises made and game breaking bugs that are being constantly reported by people on steam... Unfortunately for me this is the first impression Larian has made as I have no prior experience with them as a company...

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Not to defend Larian's lack of communication but this is kind of their MO. Radio silence for a few months and then suddenly there will be a 10 gb patch that's like "btw we fixed 1,000+ bugs and also added some content, thanks for playing!". They don't really talk about what they're doing aside from some unofficial confirmations on twitter and maybe a community update once in a while. If it makes you feel better though in my experience the wait has usually been worth it.

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Please refrain from personal insults, attacks and do not respond if it happens. Contact a mod for it to be dealt with.

stranger
stranger
You have to remember that Sony/Steam wants a patch/hotfix/change to go through their change control before releasing it (makes sense) which seems to take a bit of time to go through the pipeline.

Seems like Larian is forced to forego any proper DevOps or change control. The days of doing these large, bulk changes/hotfixes are over, but Larian cannot release 1000 individual hotfixes to Sony/Steam as they finish each one, so Larian is stuck having to submit the 1000 changes under 1 change control submission to Sony/Steam.

Who knows what type of cost is associated with these change submissions, I assume submitting 1 large change is cheaper than submitting 1000 small changes.

If Larian used their own launcher and BG3 were only available on PC? The current issues (such as Act 3) would be getting worked on, submitted, and applied daily as Larian would control the pipeline.

Since Larian relies on 3rd party platforms to host/launch their game, they have to follow the rules to release on those platforms.

This excuses the wait for changes/patches/hotfixes, but does not excuse the radio silence.

A vital key is the relationship between PR and the community manager, who then relays (what PR has approved) to the community to keep them updated.

A note explaining the patching process and mentioning a few upcoming changes to generate excitement, would alleviate most of this sourness coming from the community and build a great relationship for current and future product releases.

EDIT: I just checked.

The Community Manager here, Salo, hasn't logged in since Oct 6, 16 days ago....

Even if we play Devil's Advocate and assume Salo has 3 or 4 weeks of vacation to use; where is their coverage? I'm sure there's someone who can jump on and take over while Salo takes their well deserved break...

Last edited by Xzero; 22/10/23 01:41 PM.

Where's my Baldur's Gate 3 Xbox Collector's Edition?
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Confess despite 442 hours invested (I know this is nothing in comparison to many people) and 2 characters on the go at the moment, I've still not finished the game because I'm anxious about Ending Disappointment. I thought I should also start new character to take advantage of the bug fixes etc, but didn't want to burn out because I LOVE the game.

I'd really appreciate an update about what's coming in the future to (maybe?) soothe my End Game Anxiety (first world gamer-problem alert, but I hope you get what I mean wink ) and to reinvigorate my urge to play.

However, I'm still excited for the future of the game. ^^

J
J
Originally Posted by Xzero

Even if we play Devil's Advocate and assume Salo has 3 or 4 weeks of vacation to use; where is their coverage? I'm sure there's someone who can jump on and take over while Salo takes their well deserved break...

Maybe they just gave up and started working on DoS 3 or BG4. The lack of communication in their own forums is disturbing.

I remember, when Wo Long Fallen Dynasty was released. The community wasn't exactly happy, the game was suffering from severe bugs and many mechanics were kinda clunky. Team Ninja reacted not only by patching stuff, but also by providing a complete release time line until the end of the year with every major fix, changes, DLC and so on. That's customer service, dear Larian.

Last edited by Jones76; 23/10/23 09:18 AM.
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Jones76
Originally Posted by Xzero

Maybe they just gave up and started working on DoS 3 or BG4. The lack of communication in their own forums is disturbing.

I remember, when Wo Long Fallen Dynasty was released. The community wasn't exactly happy, the game was suffering from severe bugs and many mechanics were kinda clunky. Team Ninja reacted not only by patching stuff, but also by providing a complete release time line with every major fix, changes, DLC and so on. That'ts customer service, dear Larian.
Larian always neglected the forum. To much criticism here. Reading the stream of praises and simping on Reddit is much more fun.

T
addict
addict
T
"Larian always neglected the forum. To much criticism here. Reading the stream of praises and simping on Reddit is much more fun."
Thats kinda the reallity indeed since last update they went Silence and i even saw in some other posts people saying that the Sven i beleave the Head of the Stuff even went on vacation..
so Yeah the Game its Not Finished not even Fixed and they broke even more since 3.0 so..
i Really dont beleave that this game will ever get a Fix for Act 3 or the Endings and they probably will just Move On with there lives after recieving so Much Praise from a Bunch of People that not even Beat the Game to actually see the Shit Show that act 3 and the endings are.. Shame Larian.. Real shame.
and indeed i dont Trust nor Beleave in Anything they say anymore about this game.

Last edited by Thorvic; 24/10/23 09:41 PM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Thorvic
"Larian always neglected the forum. To much criticism here. Reading the stream of praises and simping on Reddit is much more fun."
Thats kinda the reallity indeed since last update they went Silence and i even saw in some other posts people saying that the Sven i beleave the Head of the Stuff even went on vacation..
so Yeah the Game its Not Finished not even Fixed and they broke even more since 3.0 so..
i Really dont beleave that this game will ever get a Fix for Act 3 or the Endings and they probably will just Move On with there lives after recieving so Much Praise from a Bunch of People that not even Beat the Game to actually see the Shit Show that act 3 and the endings are.. Shame Larian.. Real shame.
and indeed i dont Trust nor Beleave in Anything they say anymore about this game.

Never finished the game eh ? Over 900 hours later and not one major gamebreaking bug. In any of my 6 playthroughs. Now I can understand peoples pc are different and then there is consoles so bugs may creep up but this game is way more polished than a lot of other games out there. And what is this about endings people. The game was made with its endings period. Where have you ever seen any company change endings just because someone out there don't like them. This is not a pick your happy meal at the drive through. People just want to complain about everything. Patch 3 broke absolutely nothing sorry not sorry. Does act 3 need polish sure but its hardly worth the constant whining. One thing I can agree on is that there should be more interaction with the community. They are way to quiet with information.

T
addict
addict
T
Yu Get Pretty lucky Then becouse in the 11 times i beat the game the only ones i never find any bug was in Lounch and 2.0, after 3.0 a BUNCH of stuff just went broke and in the worst way possible like even animations when speak..
(kinda pretty crazy like people speaking with me in telepathy haha becouse they are looking at me and the Lines are not going out..haha)
the Only way i find out to Keep playing without finding too many bugs was playing as Evil that indeed its a Far Less Buggy experince at the moment.
and the ending of the evil path feels better, actually is the only one worth anything for me at the moment.. but even this one kinda is rushed and incomplete too.. really sad.
i dont know for me Act3 and the endings was not made by the same people that made the act 1,2. thats why i beleave its sucks so much and felt rushed and empty.

Last edited by Thorvic; 25/10/23 01:10 PM.
A
A
Originally Posted by Osculim

Never finished the game eh ? Over 900 hours later and not one major gamebreaking bug. In any of my 6 playthroughs. Now I can understand peoples pc are different and then there is consoles so bugs may creep up but this game is way more polished than a lot of other games out there. And what is this about endings people. The game was made with its endings period. Where have you ever seen any company change endings just because someone out there don't like them. This is not a pick your happy meal at the drive through. People just want to complain about everything. Patch 3 broke absolutely nothing sorry not sorry. Does act 3 need polish sure but its hardly worth the constant whining. One thing I can agree on is that there should be more interaction with the community. They are way to quiet with information.

I would not go as far as to say that it didn't break anything. I have mid to high end rig, I do NOT have any performance problems, but then again I didn't have them from the release. But patch 3 introduced door bug, strange ox bug, half cutscenes are broken... sure they are not game ending bugs, you can go on without Dammon or get used to see people twist and stretch and get obscured by things in the cutscenes... But I never had these problems prior to patch 3, I had to revert back to patch 2, because these little things were annoying.

My game is not modded.

T
addict
addict
T
Man just Curiosity How did yu roll back to 2.0 ?
(please save me xD)
i Looked a lot at Steam to Do the Same thing and keep playing but they did not Gave us the Option like in the other games have beta version (old patches)
i always do this for games when they release some F. update but in BG3 dont have.

(BTW i dont like mods too.. im maybe too old but back in a day i had some pretty F. up experince using then u know its safer nowadays but the fear stays.. i always avoid unless its something pretty F. unique or cool for the game)

Last edited by Thorvic; 25/10/23 01:24 PM.
A
A
Man just Curiosity How did yu roll back to 2.0 ?
(please save me xD)
i Looked a lot at Steam to Do the Same thing and keep playing but they did not Gave us the Option like in the other games have beta version (old patches)
i always do this for games when they release some F. update but in BG3 dont have.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3023295121

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3039948952

I can't remember which one I used, but I think they might be similar in the way they work.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to the guides on Steam. If not I'll be happy to remove my post. Don't want to break the rules.

Last edited by andromeda087; 25/10/23 01:27 PM.
A
A
(BTW i dont like mods too.. im maybe too old but back in a day i had some pretty F. up experince using then u know its safer nowadays but the fear stays.. i always avoid unless its something pretty F. unique or cool for the game)

Oh, I'll mod the game alright. I had around 50 mods running during EA and didn't have a single problem. I'm just waiting for Larian to stop patching the game and then I'll have my FUN smile

J
J
Originally Posted by Osculim

Just be happy. Patch 3 corrupted ALL of my save games. Starting a new game I encountered way more bugs then ever before and that ox killing Dammon is a showstopper for me. I'm not accepting to be locked out of quests because of non-existing QA at Larian.

T
addict
addict
T
True i lost a Bunch of Saves too becouse of Patch 3.0 thats why i have beated 11 times..
have to redone all my Builds from zero again.. kinda anoying. but ok shit happens i know.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I hope we're not going to have to wait long before the promised updates. The ending & epilogue during my first playthrough was such a letdown. Geez, most of Episode 3 was a letdown in comparison to 1 & 2. It left me wanting so much more than we got, more dialog and interaction with our companions, the Upper City, better ending for Karlach, etc. I was hopeful when I read the promised updates in the first post, but I thought we'd hear something about it by now. I'm reluctant to finish my second playthrough until we get this update.

M
stranger
stranger
M
The actual current support from the Larian team regarding the sheer amount of people that are having major problems with this game is insane. I am so disappointed in Larian as a company. If the reason is because people are on holidays; then that is not good enough. Many of us have worked for many different companies, and when there is deadlines and important things to do, no one goes on holidays until it's done or the deadlines are met; Programming and developing should be no different. There are forums and message boards/discord channels littered with people complaining about how the game is unplayable or broken in some aspects that are not allowing them to continue playing the product they PAID for....

This experience has left me with a very sour taste in my mouth regarding Larian.

Rather frustrated....

A
A
There is a post on Reddit showing a screeshot of what is supposedly a patch 4 files uploaded on Steam for a playtesting. Files where uploaded on 19th of October. If that is indeed the patch then I think it's coming rather soon.
I wouldn't be surprised if Larian is taking the testing slowly and thoroughly this time, considering the disaster that the patch 3 was.

Fingers crossed that it'll be released tomorrow!?

T
addict
addict
T
Well if thats indeed true that would Be Great man.. for real..
i really wish i could just Make my last Game to move on with my life..
(and regarding the rest of things that i wish this game made better i dont beleave we will ever get like act 3 or a little bit better ending like some lazy slides would be great but.. dont beleave anymore that we will ever get..)
so just like a said.. i just want the game working so a can try one last time and move on..
(like others told already i have the same feeling, the game left me with a really bad taste in my mouth especially the ending..felt like a Slap in a face after act 1,2 so i just have to move on yu know ? dosent really matter anymore if they did something better.)
and Indeed was the Better game i played in Years dont know maybe 10 if im not mistaken im kinda really old and nowadays games dosent really make me enjoy then..
But Only act 1.2 the rest.. just forget turn off your brain and yu will be ok..

Last edited by Thorvic; 26/10/23 01:14 PM.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard