Originally Posted by Auric
or the meta knowledge that it was placed there to be the player's reward for eeeeeeevil.
I cracked up at this lol.

But yes, I get the angle then. I have never seen this take anywhere else so I’m glad it’s brought a new perspective for me too. I still don’t think it’s “gross” to indulge in what she wants in that moment, with or without that knowledge, especially when you are given the choice to speak about it afterwards - but to each their own. I know some people read the scenes far more deeply than I do and I can respect that.

Hell, I want to be able to free every True Soul I encounter (just to have a little army of my own) but the choice isn’t there. Even persuading Nere didn’t turn him into a hireling, he just runs off and it goes without saying he’ll either be dead or be back in the Absolute’s clutches again sooner or later.

I think it’s important to note The Prism doesn’t exactly grant its powers to anyone willy-nilly? It seemed that way at first, but it's a sentient being and even you had to convince EDIT: The Emperor to free Minsc. It’s definitely something to consider when someone talks of wanting to free Minthara using its help. Overall, I’m actually content with how it is in game and would just prefer a route where she can choose to live for another day without having to mass murder people first.

Last edited by rendemption; 27/10/23 11:14 AM.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.