Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
stranger
stranger
I've hot exactly thé same issue on ps5.
Hope next patch will fixe it, its so frustrating.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by OneSpread
Hello. It's seems like some people have the problem since one month. I just had this, and i don't wantr to reload a past save. Do you think the next patch will come quickly ?

That is very sad for ppl who have this bug since one month.

Hope they do it quickly.. I want to play the game !

I WANT TO FINISH MY 1ST RUN, for me it's the GOTY. It will be a shame that same players couldn't continue on of the most interresting game since a décade.
All m'y thoughts for the devellopers.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Chlamydia
Hello. It's seems like some people have the problem since one month. I just had this, and i don't wantr to reload a past save. Do you think the next patch will come quickly ?

Patch 4 is currently being play tested. I'm guessing it will come out late next week. I'm hoping it will fix this and the other mountain of issues introduced by patch 3.

I mean maybe it's a bit biased but I feel like this is an issue that should be like, 100% drop-everything-else-and-emergency-fix-this, and that needed to be done weeks ago. this isn't just something that can be sat on to toss in with new content when all of that's been tested, this is quite literally game-breaking and it would now seem pretty widespread. blows my mind that someone with as great of a support track record as Larian would 1. let this bug out of testing to begin with and 2. not even publicly acknowledge or address it for over a month.

in other words, the devs/QA need to, please, get their shit together on this. This went from being my 10/10 best/favorite game in years to leaving this terrible taste in my mouth because I can't even play the game I want to play and don't even have any way to finagle it into working, which I've tried to do from multiple angles repeatedly, because of the whole body despawn after long rest thing

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by lolDayus

Patch 4 is currently being play tested. I'm guessing it will come out late next week. I'm hoping it will fix this and the other mountain of issues introduced by patch 3.

I mean maybe it's a bit biased but I feel like this is an issue that should be like, 100% drop-everything-else-and-emergency-fix-this, and that needed to be done weeks ago. this isn't just something that can be sat on to toss in with new content when all of that's been tested, this is quite literally game-breaking and it would now seem pretty widespread. blows my mind that someone with as great of a support track record as Larian would 1. let this bug out of testing to begin with and 2. not even publicly acknowledge or address it for over a month.

in other words, the devs/QA need to, please, get their shit together on this. This went from being my 10/10 best/favorite game in years to leaving this terrible taste in my mouth because I can't even play the game I want to play and don't even have any way to finagle it into working, which I've tried to do from multiple angles repeatedly, because of the whole body despawn after long rest thing

100% agree.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Sad thing is they're probably focusing more on getting the Xbox version ready as that's more lucrative than fixing the game for people that already bought it. The fact that it's been like this before patch #3 is pretty shocking tbh.

O
stranger
stranger
O
If I can't play after the next patch I'll ask for a refund. That's crazy. I mean someone said on this forum they work on it. But no more news since then. And people have this problem since one month. This thread is always on the top of the forum and thanks guys comenting this because that's the only way the devs will see it's an EMERGENCY problem !!!!

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Carbin Monoxide
Sad thing is they're probably focusing more on getting the Xbox version ready as that's more lucrative than fixing the game for people that already bought it. The fact that it's been like this before patch #3 is pretty shocking tbh.

The game was in pretty good shape before Patch 3.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Carbin Monoxide

The game was in pretty good shape before Patch 3.

yeah like I think I mentioned I've already cleared the game once with my only complaints being some janky events (a certain two party members fought to the death OFFSCREEN because they weren't both in main party beforehand) and obvs some FPS issues with the main city but never had any progression blocking issue whatsoever, but like you said, that was before Patch 3.

As an aside in case it helps anyone conjure up some miracle workaround, my "loading screen of 100% guaranteed death" is in Act 3 going from the Wyrmsrest Keep into the actual city proper aka the other end of the keep's drawbridge, thus preventing me from ever stepping foot even ONCE into the final map of the game. So I loaded up a bunch of saves from previous points in Act 3 to see if they might be before the suspected "nonzero corpse" and not a single one of them worked, INCLUDING my save immediately after leaving the other dimension/meeting the Real Dream Vis and Gith-Jesus. For all of these tests I just made a beeline for that zone line into the lower city and all of them ended with the usual 33% > 67% > 100% (sounds start up) > crash to desktop.

so unless it somehow "counted" some nonzero corpse from the brief other dimension trip (which it almost 100% wouldn't have because it's obvs not the same zone) or it just so happened to be one of the 3 or 4 Gith camp assassins right before you take the portal at the verrrrry start of the act, it would appear that the bug can either transcend acts (as in, nonzero corpse happened in Act 1 or 2 but it still let me get to the first map of 3 but not the second) or isn't guaranteed to be related to a nonzero corpse, seeing as I entered the "real" act 3 and did the minimum amount of interactions possible (obviously no combat/deaths) and it STILL crashed trying to zone into the lower city

oh and obviously this is a long shot but I noticed in a couple other posts similar to mine they were in Dark Urge playthroughs like mine (the only "forced" cutscene was a Dark Urge related one on the direct route to the lower city line) and my first playthrough wasn't Durge but that should be easy to disprove

Last edited by lolDayus; 22/10/23 06:12 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Me too. Mine is on PS5, as Dark Urge, after blowing up the Crèche, upon leaving the Rosymorn Monastery area to return to any Act 1 Wilderness area (as I want to go through the Underdark for Act 2). Voss camp cutscene triggers, then upon leaving camp, load screen crashes at 33%.

If I instead walk into the Mountain Pass, that area successfully loads. But then still crashes when waypointing from there to Act 1 Wilderness. (We already did Mountain Pass last playthrough, the whole point this time is to go Underdark so that path isn’t a solution for us.)

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by RaistlinRed

I WANT TO FINISH MY 1ST RUN, for me it's the GOTY. It will be a shame that same players couldn't continue on of the most interresting game since a décade.
All m'y thoughts for the devellopers.
Compared to the most important part of Hotfix 9 ("addressing several crashes and issues, but more importantly we shaved His Majesty"), this issue certainly looks more important than shaving one of the cats in the game.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Lime
Me too. Mine is on PS5, as Dark Urge, after blowing up the Crèche, upon leaving the Rosymorn Monastery area to return to any Act 1 Wilderness area (as I want to go through the Underdark for Act 2). Voss camp cutscene triggers, then upon leaving camp, load screen crashes at 33%.

If I instead walk into the Mountain Pass, that area successfully loads. But then still crashes when waypointing from there to Act 1 Wilderness. (We already did Mountain Pass last playthrough, the whole point this time is to go Underdark so that path isn’t a solution for us.)

can anyone refute that they've experienced this bug without being on a Dark Urge playthrough?

C
journeyman
journeyman
C

can anyone refute that they've experienced this bug without being on a Dark Urge playthrough?

I'm assuming it's the same bug as the lower city one (a body somewhere in Act 1 has been healed above 0 HP).

Last edited by Chlamydia; 23/10/23 02:30 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L

I'm assuming it's the same bug as the lower city one (a body somewhere in Act 1 has been healed above 0 HP).

I was under the impression that the problematic corpse had to be in the same chapter/area you were trying to leave, I've seen people say it's in the area you're trying to get into but that's not possible seeing as I've never actually been able to get into Lower City on this character

C
stranger
stranger
C

I don't think it's Dark Urge specific but there is a lot of jank surrounding Dark Urge on Ps5. A lot of quests/dialogue/cut scenes are messed up when playing with a DUrge origin.

S
stranger
stranger
S
My experience with this bug has been a little different than everyone else's. I have the Mac version. The game crashes to the title screen when I try to travel from the Lower City to another region after indicating 100% loaded. When I click on the title screen to go to the main menu, a "Savegame could not be loaded. Error message 302." prompt is appears. I can then load the save game file from the main menu, but still can't travel to a different region. I've searched my save files and found the one in which the bug first occurs. I've backtracked through that save but I haven't been able to find a dead-not dead NPC.

ETA, I am playing as Dark Urge.

Last edited by Saint_Blaise; 23/10/23 01:32 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
A loving bump of this issue for my Tav who is patiently waiting to return to Rivington to Kill Gortash.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm having the 33% loading crash after I complete Dribbles body parts quest. Can't seem to get around it. Bummer cuz I'm almost done with most of the lower city quests except for the iron throne and I still got Orion and Gortash to deal with.

A
stranger
stranger
A
i just got the 33 back i used to have it on act 3 lower city crash bug but now it returns i act 1 just because of mpountain pass when do we get upadte for this crash glitch its geting so anoying

stranger
stranger
bumping this thread because i just want this crash glitch fixed, I cant even finish my first playthrough of this game because the moment I try to travel back to the lower city from wyrm's crossing, it crashes at 33%. really hope this gets fixed soon.

M
stranger
stranger
M
So sadly I uninstalled the game because I needed the space to play other things.

However that doesn't change that I want to help as much as I can.

Checked my emails today on the off chance something had been resolved. Finally received an email saying they're aware of the issue and working on it. Now this email was received on the 17th so yeah, it was a while since I saw this. With that said, it's nice to get some acknowledgement that the problem isn't necessarily all our fault.

I guess now we just wait.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard