Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
S
stranger
stranger
S
Time to test with the new patch guys. Hope this fix everything for all of you!

UPDATE: IT WORKED! As the other said, it stayed for a while loading but now I'm in lower city again c:

Last edited by Staffito; 02/11/23 02:34 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
ITS WORKING OMGOMG

M
stranger
stranger
M
I am absolutely ecstatic, can confirm they did fix this bug. LETS GOOOO

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi - I am still unable to progress from Act 2 to Act 3.
DX11, Vulkan, don't matter.

I seemed to narrow it down to some issue with the Githyanki Creche quest or area.

I found this to be a potential cause cause I went back 6-7 hrs to a previous save that let me load other saves (otherwise I'd crash).
As soon as I finish the Githyanki Creche quest and save back in Shadowfell, if I were to reload a save I would then crash.

I am stuck. I can no longer complete this profile at 70-80 hrs in.

Patch 4 unfortunately, did not work for me.

I can provide my save to Larian Devs to find the cause....

B
stranger
stranger
B
Can confirm it is NOT working for me. I believe my bug to come from the Steel Foundry bossfight if that is different to others who have it working. Really disappointed, guess I have to wait another month.

O
stranger
stranger
O
My party was happy to find out that the problem had been resolved yesterday, and we were looking forward to finally getting back into the game. Unfortunately, the issue was only partially resolved. The party member who was having this problem may now load into the lower city without problems; however, there is no environment, everything is black, and the game crashes after a while.

This is very frustrating; we can't finish the game, and our hopes are fading frown

L
stranger
stranger
L
can also confirm it did NOT work for me, which I was somewhat expecting but still not hoping was the case, since my crash scenario didn't match up perfectly with most of the ones here (i.e. my loading progresses from 33% > 67% > 100% + sounds start playing but then it CTDs). Everything else works perfectly other than this specific area transition of trying to get into Lower City for the first time.

EDIT: I finally figured out my issue, and it was completely unrelated to any sort of update; after some debugging I was able to determine that the issue was being caused by one of my mods, and after further testing determined it to be some combination of the Weapons Overhaul and/or Mobility Overhaul on NexusMods that (as it turns out) the mods' creator helpfully provides "Uninstaller" versions that, sure enough, when loaded in place of the original 2 overhaul mods, allowed me to "zone in" to Lower City. Couldn't tell you why this mod in particular was causing this, but if you experience anything similar to what I described above, there's your answer. After I successfully entered the area and created a save there, I went back to see if I could turn those two mods back on and tried fast travel/manual zoning in and out of Lower City and have not run into any issues so far, so it seems like there's just some issue that prevents the very first load-in of Lower City with these mods installed.

Last edited by lolDayus; 03/11/23 06:52 AM. Reason: figured it out
M
stranger
stranger
M
For those still suffering the bug, make sure you're reporting this issue to the support team. While the forums are handy to report the bug out to the masses and to let people know you may have a fix or whatever for said bug, it doesn't do THAT much for the devs to get to said issue.

So remember, go here: https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85 and follow the instructions.

The response might take a while but just be as clear and concise as you can be. Trust me, even though it's fixed for me, doesn't mean I don't understand how your frustration is further growing that it's not fixed for yourselves. I hope it gets fixed for you guys soon.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Very happy to see a fix for this in Patch 4.

Thanks for everyone who reported this and sent in their save files, and everyone who helped people work around this by drawing their attention to this thread!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Patch 4 didn't work for me, either. God fucking damn it, Larian!

P
stranger
stranger
P
Patch 4 worked for me, but now shadowheart will not follow my durge around, which is funny. Save + reload fixed this

Last edited by PaulNixon; 03/11/23 08:47 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
i have been playing with my wife for long, but since patch3 came in her pc either crashes at 100% loading or it do not load textures after login for toooo long, which makes it impossible to play. I was hoping patch 4 would fix it but no, stuck in act3 lower city, without being able to play which is very sad frown

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by riquich
i have been playing with my wife for long, but since patch3 came in her pc either crashes at 100% loading or it do not load textures after login for toooo long, which makes it impossible to play. I was hoping patch 4 would fix it but no, stuck in act3 lower city, without being able to play which is very sad frown

your wife is having the same issue that i have been having. not the 33% thing, but 100% then crash to windows in lower city. fuck this shit! i'm so pissed.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by riquich

I'm having this issue too. Crashes at 100% every time when loading into the lower city. To make things worse, the other player was on a Mac, so we ran into this issue too which we spent a while trying to work around. Really hope both of these are fixed at some point so we can finish the campaign we put ~45 hours into... frown

Last edited by Morrison Cole; 05/11/23 03:10 AM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Mine its a custom "by the book" paladin

C
stranger
stranger
C
We're still experiencing this issue. It's only one person out of our party of 3 though. I'll see if I can submit the bug reports.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Okay, we have this problems too in our party. I think the problems are triggered by the Questline with the toy maker guy (Arfur Gregorio) in Rivington ("Investigate the Suspicious Toys"). We skip this quest now and then we'll see. I'll report you.

Last edited by Vantix; 12/11/23 12:27 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
This happens to me as well, although with a slightly different "flavor".

I'm essentially stuck in Wyrm's Crossing, having just dealt with Ansur and Gortash, and every time I attempt to go back to Lower City the game loads to 100%, the loading screen dissapears and then a very brief white overlay appears (Think a white filter on the entire screen) that fades to reveal the main menu. Finally, an error message pops showing BOTH codes 222 and 223. Attempts to load a save directly after that will crash the entire game, I have to restart it to get back in.

I'm running on PC, no mods. Have tried going back a few saves (to before Gortash, for example) but the behavior persists.

F
stranger
stranger
F
After MONTHS of waiting, i decided to load an OLD file before I went back to kill Ansur, but this time i cleared all i could do on Lower City, EVERYTHING (houses, ball, dracula, murders, clown pieces and KEY PART! destroyed the faundry), went back to Wyrmsx and nuked everthing. They key was to not leave anything behind of Lower city quest so that the only path available was to kill Gortash and Ansul.

B
stranger
stranger
B
New patch, still no fix. Was hopeful after seeing the load screen actually reach 100% only for it to crash like before. Really just want to finish the game, but it's really trying to force me to load to an old save losing 30 hours of gameplay. I also did send in a ticket a while ago now. Maybe the problem is rare enough that they have decided it is an acceptable thing to not fix.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard