I recently finished the game and since the Emperor seemed to me to be one of the most interesting characters, I was wondering if I could learn something more here. And here it is! Thanks to the author of this thread for a lot of interesting reading. As someone who didn't play EA I had no idea about Daisy, and I thought that the whole decision between Emperor and Orpheus was weird. Like many things in Act 3, which is sad sad

I'm quite surprised how many people hate the Emperor think ... why? He helps you from the beginning of the game to the end. When you treat him well, he treats you well too. He will never let you down, not even once. Maybe it's because people don't know much about githyanki. This is not about deciding between good and evil! But about deciding what is the lesser evil for you.

Githyanki alignment = lawful evil.
Githyanki were typically cruel, arrogant, and aggressive. They viewed all other races with contempt and were generally unwilling to learn anything about other cultures, including other languages. They viewed Material Plane–dwellers as ignorant and incompetent, or, in worse cases, as potential slaves! Larian studios has gone to great lengths to make this obvious. In the whole game there is practically not a single githyanki who does not humiliate you or trying to kill you.
A lot of you will say: what about Kith'rak Voss? But he also tries to kill you in Act 1 and treats you like dirt, until he realizes he's going to abuse you. He only sees you as an opportunity to free Orpheus, nothing more. I will also mention Lae'zel. She is a companion and I hope most of you will agree that she is a pain in the ass. In most of the dialogues with her, I missed the option: slap her! (sorry). She approves a lot of bad decisions. You'll see for yourself what will happen if you don't treat her nicely... warning: the Emperor is nothing compared to that.
Red dragons = a treaty established with Tiamat = evil as well.
And I could go on, but anyone who wants, can find it (google) wink

To be honest, when I tried to save Orpheus in my game, after his first three arrogant lines I hit esc-load game and bye bye! Githyanki deserve their Vlaakith 9999 as far as I'm concerned.
But it's up to everyone how they feel. I just wanted to point out that githyanki are not "the good ones" !

Have a great day and have fun playing the game horsey
(Sorry for my English, it's not my native language)