Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I don't think anything will change in the foreseeable future. I feel like they have too many other issues to address first. Of course, the top priority should be ensuring the game is as bug-free as possible. However, with the release of the collector's edition, I can't help but wonder what kind of crazy game world this is. For me, it went like this: I pre-order the game, showing good faith and placing a lot of trust in Larian. Then, as we progress through the game, we discover extreme stuttering on the PS5 and many other issues. We wait for three months, watching and waiting for patches until the game runs somewhat smoothly. Only to hear that there's a Collector's Edition now, complete with many fan items, a soundtrack and more, all for an extra €20. As a pre-order customer, I feel punished and this approach tells me I won't make this mistake again

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by BG3NF
I don't think anything will change in the foreseeable future. I feel like they have too many other issues to address first. Of course, the top priority should be ensuring the game is as bug-free as possible. However, with the release of the collector's edition, I can't help but wonder what kind of crazy game world this is. For me, it went like this: I pre-order the game, showing good faith and placing a lot of trust in Larian. Then, as we progress through the game, we discover extreme stuttering on the PS5 and many other issues. We wait for three months, watching and waiting for patches until the game runs somewhat smoothly. Only to hear that there's a Collector's Edition now, complete with many fan items, a soundtrack and more, all for an extra €20. As a pre-order customer, I feel punished and this approach tells me I won't make this mistake again

Wait, this Collector's edition has in game content that the rest of us won't?

If they don't give us this stuff in a patch, especially since we've been here since launch, then Larian truly doesn't get it.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Oh no, my apologies. I expressed myself unclearly and it led to a misunderstanding. I don't mean that there are new items in the game rather I meant that the collector's edition comes with a ton of accessories (whether one needs them or not is another matter). What I was trying to convey is that Larian is, in essence, advising me not to pre-order their games anymore. Because those who wait not only receive a bunch of small 'gifts' like stickers, posters, and a soundtrack CD for a modest additional cost but also a much more polished and playable game.

And amidst all this, I can't help but wonder where is the thank you to all the pre-order customers? It feels like, 'Here! Enjoy our unfinished product, and thanks for being the testers and reporting errors and bugs.' It's disheartening to see the lack of appreciation for those who show early support

Last edited by BG3NF; 23/11/23 01:12 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Patch 5 is out, and we got nothing (regarding the desired merged screen).

https://baldursgate3.game/news/patch-5-now-live_99

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
At this point I've basically given up hope for this to be fixed. It's obvious, for whatever reason, that Larian intended for it to be this way.

I just hope and pray when they make Divinity 3 that it goes back to how it should work.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Even a comment of acknowledgement that they've heard people's thoughts on dynamic split screen would be nice but nope.

S
stranger
stranger
S
BG3 wins GOTY on silly award show. Due to poor split screen, I've played 2 hrs (creating a character). Zelda TOTK loses to BG3 for GOTY on silly award show. I've played 250hrs+ on Zelda. As far as I'm concerned, both games are single player.

Keeping this thread bumped. This is BSssss.

S
stranger
stranger
S
It would be nice to get some answers on this issue. At least if it's something that's set in stone with Larian or if it's something that they might take a look at in the future

B
stranger
stranger
B
Same issue here. I have a GOG version of the game. Split-screen is activated everytime I turn on my XBOX controller. I deactivate it by long-pressing the left stick, but when I open the Multiplayer menu, a message pops up saying that a new player is now connected. I go back to the Main menu, log off the second player again, return to the Multiplayer menu to get... the same message about a new player connection. Tried to select a controller as a main input device in Settings menu, but it helped just once - I was able to join a party as one player. After I restarted the game the next day, I got the same issue and I couldn't de-activate split-screen even after I turned off my keyboard from the Settings menu. I even tried to unplug my keyboard and start the game with the controller only - no result. Moreover, when I continued the game session with a keyboard as an input device, I was unable to open any of the 3 chests (there's 3 of us playing) in the camp.
That's really frustrating! frown

Last edited by Braccus; 17/01/24 04:54 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Obligatory bump: Patch 6 is out, still no shared screen:
https://baldursgate3.game/news/

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
My wife and I are now pausing the game. It has provided us with many enjoyable evenings, with the bitter taste that it could have been much cooler if there was an option to disable split-screen. In that regard, DOS2 remains firmly on the throne. We lost interest even before Patch 6 and will pause until perhaps it's addressed someday. Really a shame, we had hoped for so much more! In the meantime, I'm starting my very first solo playthrough... And oh my God, it's so much better than co-op. It's a pity that I already know much of the game by now.

Last edited by BG3NF; 19/02/24 12:41 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Yeah I have completely stopped playing this game and tried to get a refund, but could not. While I loved DOS1 and DOS2, this game unfortunately left us disoriented while playing the forced split screen all the time. This turned out to be the most disappointing PS5 game I've ever bought. It's clear they have no plans to address it because they know the single players are where most players are, and where they will make the most money.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
THE WAIT IS OVER!!!

it's official and I can't believe it!

With Patch 7 the option to merge the split screen when standing next to each other is coming, as several German gaming sites have reported.

Last edited by BG3NF; 16/07/24 05:27 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I wouldn't get your hopes up until you actually play it.

I've lost interest and could care less.

F
stranger
stranger
F
patch 7 is the shit!

Official Steam news update:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/?emclan=103582791464711919&emgid=4240783699885624491

Look at that beautifully auto-merged screen! that's what we've been asking for.

Thank you everyone who posted here and thank you Larian!

E
stranger
stranger
E
It only took a year lol... Thankfully me and my girlfriend are so slow in our playthrough (180+ hours) that we're actually going to enjoy it for the last couple of sessions.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard