Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 39 1 2 37 38 39
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by rendemption
Originally Posted by Bloodshed
Maybe his/her descendants but not Dark Urge. Because he/she wasn't even born. He/she is handcrafted by bhaal of his own flesh. Mortal part of the god. And Bhaal demonstrate his power over you when you refuse him.
To which they were resurrected after the fact, thus reborn and freed from Bhaal’s influence LOL

There are other Bhaalspawns. I specifically remember hearing DU was initially attacked by Orin and one other Bhaalspawn prior to their memory loss.

But their blood and flesh is still bhaal's so any child born by urge is bhaalspawn automaticaly (and not free of god's will) as narrator says at the end of the game.

Don't remember any other bhaalspawn who helps Orin attack Durge. Just Saverok told about betrayal of Orin. Source? Actually do not. Our conversation is definetely not about Minthara anymore as I see grin

Tbh don't like Durge arc at all, it feets good in story but I had so many question like: why everyone accept your maniacal unreasanoble actions but if Astarion tries to bite you for blood and you kill/exile him most of companions applause you. Absolute imbecile god Bhaal(in my opinion) without any distinct purpose.
Offtop: even Khorne from warhammer universe looks like reasonable justified god what I personally I can't say about Bhaal and if we compare this two it will be like perfect genious creature against litte worm who see no purpose but crawl.

Last edited by Bloodshed; 04/11/23 05:43 PM.
Oh, yes, just a quick search to check and DU is the last. I may have gotten pre-release/speculation content mixed up with the actual content in-game. Bhaalspawns can be created again though right? I was just disagreeing to the point that it's poor writing. Some parts in Act 3 are questionable but Minthara's writing isn't imo.

Minthara bug list, updated for Hotfix #22.
veteran
veteran
Oh, yes, just a quick search to check and DU is the last. I may have gotten pre-release/speculation content mixed up with the actual content in-game. Bhaalspawns can be created again though right? I was just disagreeing to the point that it's poor writing. Some parts in Act 3 are questionable but Minthara's writing isn't imo.

I think,
Jergal makes sure, Bhaal won't do that for a while in the end scene

I like good, resisting Durge, they have so many wholesome scenes.

And sorry for the off topic. Actually I came here, since there is new datamined content involving both Minthara and Halsin, so it might be possible to recruit her on a non evil way in the future? Or Halsin on teh evil way (which actually would not make sense tbh).

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
stranger
stranger
While we’re still talking about the Durge, I do agree- particularly the act 3 ending. I wish Bhaal wasn’t so directly involved through the confrontation. Upon defeat, was hoping for an option for a revenge driven Durge to use a tadpole we haven’t consumed on Orin just to force her on our side against the netherbrain.

I’m thinking Minthara would also be happy to make her eat her own medicine… or not. Considering, this is just doing the same thing that happened to her to someone else. I imagine most, if not all companions would disapprove of a choice like this lol.

veteran
veteran
Not sure if the angle on this quick cinematic is borked, but I kinda love it anyway... Great profile there!

Minthara talking shit on the other Drow houses feels pretty classic... heheh

Act III Spoilers*

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Catching that side eye!

Then she hops right to the front to charge in and crush hardcore haha

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Sure I'm still bummed at how my favorite BG1 character was handled there, but at least having Minthara in the party gave me that high note lol. Gotta say though the subsequent battle wasn't nearly as entertaining going full dark on Tactician. Minthara pretty much wrecked the room all by herself lol. Go figure!

Also I'm still having issues progressing her Romance in ACT III. It feels like there are dialogue pit-traps all over the place. I'm now in the habit of checking Minthara after every single NPC interaction, just to make sure I'm still getting the "You wish to consult me?" line instead of the "you are bold to seek me out" break. That particular Durge run has been stalled for me almost 2 months. Minthara is the only reason I'm keeping it going. I've repeated the content of Act III multiple times now, each time having to go back after I make steady progress, then get annoyed and load a different a campaign. Is this confirmed to just be a Durge specific bug now? Is she working correctly for regular Evil Tav?

The Character is Fantastic! I'd like to see where this ends up eventually. Hopefully they can get it sorted cause I started yet another playthrough after they said it was all fixed, but I'm still getting these breaks in the third Act. I've been dodging our big bads to do all the random stuff, but sooner or later someone crashes the party and then it gets jacked up again. I don't know if I'm just not threading the needle correctly in convo options, but I'm pretty sure I've tried every possible response. It's happened like a dozen times or more. This latest playthrough is from after patch 6, I'm not all that eager to restart the whole thing again, though I probably will I guess, if that's what it takes. It might be faster lol

Last edited by Black_Elk; 05/11/23 06:17 AM.
So I’m guessing DU will have their urges again at some point in their life? Is it not possible for them to resist Bhaal even after revival? If so, that is tragic. I also played resist DU and loved it, but I think most of my knowledge has been lost somewhere along my 3 incomplete modded playthroughs lol.

Originally Posted by fylimar
Actually I came here, since there is new datamined content involving both Minthara and Halsin, so it might be possible to recruit her on a non evil way in the future? Or Halsin on teh evil way (which actually would not make sense tbh).
I would like to hope she can be but according to a dataminer, the dialogue is speculated to trigger in a neutral playthrough at best.

I don’t see Halsin being recruitable in an evil playthrough either - then again there really isn’t an “evil” playthrough, is there? The players are defining it for themselves XD
I think if you massacre the Grove, there shouldn’t be any chance to get Halsin. It just wouldn’t make sense narratively.

Originally Posted by Black_Elk
I've repeated the content of Act III multiple times now, each time having to go back after I make steady progress, then get annoyed and load a different a campaign. Is this confirmed to just be a Durge specific bug now? Is she working correctly for regular Evil Tav?
I relate so much to repeating Act 3 content. I didn't experience the 'cheating' bug myself, but according to a friend of mine it's not DU-specific and it doesn't seem to appear for everyone, just a small minority. If you do encounter it, consider sending a bug report to Larian because it might've not been noticed yet!

veteran
veteran
Yeah, I'm almost certain it's approval related, because I had it happen when talking to Arves.

Pretty sure she's in some sort of stuck-loop where anytime Durge chooses a dialog option that results in "Minthara Approves" she instantly drops into Romance break. Or same deal when you slay a certain somebody, and Minthara nods and smiles, but then does a total 180 a couple seconds later lol.

My workaround thus far was to have her as the face in pretty much every NPC interaction where she has approval, but there are some cutscenes which will default to the Player character regardless of who is currently selected. It's annoying since I think you need to get past a certain approval threshold to initiate some of her late game content.

I haven't filed an actual report via the launcher in a long ass time, but maybe this calls for one haha. I kinda always just hope that at least someone from Larian combs these boards periodically to see what's currently kicking around. Home boards and all. It's not like the end of the world or anything, but it does have me switching to different runs usually when I get the break hehe. Like the ultimate foot draggin' but I'm sorta running out of other distractions for that campaign.

veteran
veteran
So I’m guessing DU will have their urges again at some point in their life? Is it not possible for them to resist Bhaal even after revival? If so, that is tragic. I also played resist DU and loved it, but I think most of my knowledge has been lost somewhere along my 3 incomplete modded playthroughs lol.

Actually I came here, since there is new datamined content involving both Minthara and Halsin, so it might be possible to recruit her on a non evil way in the future? Or Halsin on teh evil way (which actually would not make sense tbh).
I would like to hope she can be but according to a dataminer, the dialogue is speculated to trigger in a neutral playthrough at best.

I don’t see Halsin being recruitable in an evil playthrough either - then again there really isn’t an “evil” playthrough, is there? The players are defining it for themselves XD
I think if you massacre the Grove, there shouldn’t be any chance to get Halsin. It just wouldn’t make sense narratively.

I've repeated the content of Act III multiple times now, each time having to go back after I make steady progress, then get annoyed and load a different a campaign. Is this confirmed to just be a Durge specific bug now? Is she working correctly for regular Evil Tav?
I relate so much to repeating Act 3 content. I didn't experience the 'cheating' bug myself, but according to a friend of mine it's not DU-specific and it doesn't seem to appear for everyone, just a small minority. If you do encounter it, consider sending a bug report to Larian because it might've not been noticed yet!
No, resisting Durge hasn't any problems with urges anymore. Thanks to a certain old god. She is basically reborn, free from Bhaal taint.

And no, Halsin doesn't make sense in an evil playthrough, though I don't see him as the paragon of goodness, many people make him out to be, he certainly wouldn't want to work with someone, who destroyed his grove.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Oh, okay! That's a relief, so my previous assumption was right.
And no, Halsin doesn't make sense in an evil playthrough, though I don't see him as the paragon of goodness, many people make him out to be, he certainly wouldn't want to work with someone, who destroyed his grove.
And yes, agreed. There are fans that are hoping for Larian to “fix” the datamined dialogue. To my understanding, some people think the ultimatum is painting Halsin in a very inconsistent manner, but all things considered, I think it’s actually pretty consistent considering his past trauma. I’m just a little disappointed there is no way to persuade him. It seems we'll never be able to get these two in the same playthrough should we choose to defend the Grove instead.

Yeah, I'm almost certain it's approval related, because I had it happen when talking to Arves.

Pretty sure she's in some sort of stuck-loop where anytime Durge chooses a dialog option that results in "Minthara Approves" she instantly drops into Romance break. Or same deal when you slay a certain somebody, and Minthara nods and smiles, but then does a total 180 a couple seconds later lol.
Oh wow, I didn't know that, that's really weird! It would be so annoying if that happened in my playthrough XD
Minthara having so many bugs that aren't addressed clearly enough is causing a lot of misconceptions too. I hope they remedy this in a future patch.

I kinda always just hope that at least someone from Larian combs these boards periodically to see what's currently kicking around. Home boards and all. It's not like the end of the world or anything, but it does have me switching to different runs usually when I get the break hehe. Like the ultimate foot draggin' but I'm sorta running out of other distractions for that campaign.
Me too honestly, but I understand it's difficult to keep up with threads like these (especially with all the tangents and off-topic interjections) so they might just choose not to check at all. We'll have better luck submitting bug reports and feedback forms on the launcher/website. And thank you for sharing the workaround!

apprentice
apprentice
In Patch 5 it was declared: "A romanced Minthara can now refer to her bond with you using a drow word for deep, unbreakable love."
Is it working? In my saves definitely not.

apprentice
apprentice
In Patch 5 we can recruit Minthara and Halsin
Please Larian creator own spot in camp for Drow!
Their tents currently overlap

Originally Posted by White.Kelevra
In Patch 5 we can recruit Minthara and Halsin
Please Larian creator own spot in camp for Drow!
Their tents currently overlap
It's possible they still plan to implement an ultimatum between her and Halsin to keep to their original stance that only one may be in the party, and just didn't finish the work on that before Patch 5. It would explain why the tent overlap hasn't gone anywhere.

Page 39 of 39 1 2 37 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard